My verse for today

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Re: My verse for today

Post by John-Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm
Saint Paul's Letter to the Philippians 4:8 & 9 wrote: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you.

RSVCE
Thanks.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 pm

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

The Holy Bible: King James Version. (2009). (Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version., 1 Ti 6:6–7). Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 pm
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

The Holy Bible: King James Version. (2009). (Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version., 1 Ti 6:6–7). Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
That verse hits the target. Ain't it the truth.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Preacher1611
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Preacher1611 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 am

This is fantastic thread!

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." - Eccl. 12:13

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 am

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything
Praying - coco

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:54 am

Saint Paul's Epistle to the Galatians 5:22-23 wrote:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.

RSVCE
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 am

Matthew 6:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Preacher1611
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Preacher1611 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:22 am

Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud. -Psalm 123
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." - Eccl. 12:13

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Cast all of your care on him for he cares for you.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 pm

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
Praying - coco

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 pm

He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Preacher1611
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Preacher1611 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 am

"He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:10-13

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 am

John-Boy wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:13 pm
Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
Have always loved that promise. That truth.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 pm

God bless you and keep you,

God smile on you and gift you,

God look you full in the face
and make you prosper.

Numbers 6:24-26 RSVCE
DL Jake

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 am

Titus 2:7-8 (ESV)

Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:20 pm

And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come in your kingly power.” 

And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
The Gospel According to Saint Luke 23:42 & 43

RSVCE
DL Jake

Preacher1611
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Preacher1611 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:42 am

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:9

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come, and the years draw nigh, when you will say, “I have no pleasure in them”; before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars are darkened and the clouds return after the rain; in the day when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men are bent, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look through the windows are dimmed, and the doors on the street are shut; when the sound of the grinding is low, and one rises up at the voice of a bird, and all the daughters of song are brought low; they are afraid also of what is high, and terrors are in the way; the almond tree blossoms, the grasshopper drags itself along and desire fails; because man goes to his eternal home, and the mourners go about the streets; before the silver cord is snapped, or the golden bowl is broken, or the pitcher is broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern, and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12:1-7 RSVCE
DL Jake

Preacher1611
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Preacher1611 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-39

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way which he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Letter to the Hebrews 10:19-25 (RSVCE)
DL Jake