CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
...and it's back (minus the snow).
Odd. Gone again now. Is somebody just messing with me?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Pepik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
...and it's back (minus the snow).
Odd. Gone again now. Is somebody just messing with me?
The season of lights are over with. Might I interest you in a serving of Deal-With-It along with a side of Walk-It-Off-and-Rub-Dirt-On-It?
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Pepik wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
...and it's back (minus the snow).
Odd. Gone again now. Is somebody just messing with me?
The season of lights are over with. Might I interest you in a serving of Deal-With-It along with a side of Walk-It-Off-and-Rub-Dirt-On-It?
I'm not complaining. I just found it odd when I logged in this morning and had the Christmas scene instead of the winter scene. When I checked back later, it was back to the winter scene.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Pepik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:51 pm
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
...and it's back (minus the snow).
Odd. Gone again now. Is somebody just messing with me?
The season of lights are over with. Might I interest you in a serving of Deal-With-It along with a side of Walk-It-Off-and-Rub-Dirt-On-It?
I'm not complaining. I just found it odd when I logged in this morning and had the Christmas scene instead of the winter scene. When I checked back later, it was back to the winter scene.
Oh - that's because your browser still had cached the background that was changed a few weeks ago. Your browser finally caught up!
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Pepik wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:51 pm
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
...and it's back (minus the snow).
Odd. Gone again now. Is somebody just messing with me?
The season of lights are over with. Might I interest you in a serving of Deal-With-It along with a side of Walk-It-Off-and-Rub-Dirt-On-It?
I'm not complaining. I just found it odd when I logged in this morning and had the Christmas scene instead of the winter scene. When I checked back later, it was back to the winter scene.
Oh - that's because your browser still had cached the background that was changed a few weeks ago. Your browser finally caught up!
That was my first thought too, but I'm on a new computer that I just set up last Wednesday.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Pepik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:51 pm
Pepik wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am
...and it's back (minus the snow).
Odd. Gone again now. Is somebody just messing with me?
The season of lights are over with. Might I interest you in a serving of Deal-With-It along with a side of Walk-It-Off-and-Rub-Dirt-On-It?
I'm not complaining. I just found it odd when I logged in this morning and had the Christmas scene instead of the winter scene. When I checked back later, it was back to the winter scene.
Oh - that's because your browser still had cached the background that was changed a few weeks ago. Your browser finally caught up!
That was my first thought too, but I'm on a new computer that I just set up last Wednesday.
You set it up wrong?
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 11370
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

My wife does not miss the lights... likely because I enjoyed them too much... Oh well there is always next season
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Pepik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Actually, I'm waiting for a defect fix with that Extension - the new version of phpBB doesn't play nice with it and I really don't have the time to look into for multiple different reasons. Not that it's all *that* important right now since we're heading into February.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23857
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Funny thread.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Posts: 2001
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bakersfield, California

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Tatanka » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Wish I could see the photo! Lights or no lights!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11934
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 pm
I like the snow falling, the three Wiseguys, and the Christmas lights at the top. Who ever set this up....I thank you. I've been in blizzards and white-outs in Wyoming and Montana, snow in New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, Texas and even Bakersfield years ago - - 6 inches in our yard! Made BIG NEWS!
I enjoy watching the snow fall and imagining what the Wiseguys were discussing as they made their way to Bethlehem.

I'm just enjoying it each time I sign on. It's really neat! Thank you Boss man / Administrator / Chief which ever applies. :)
I also really enjoyed that special Christmas touch. And, now that's it's gone, I miss it!!
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 pm
I like the snow falling, the three Wiseguys, and the Christmas lights at the top. Who ever set this up....I thank you. I've been in blizzards and white-outs in Wyoming and Montana, snow in New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, Texas and even Bakersfield years ago - - 6 inches in our yard! Made BIG NEWS!
I enjoy watching the snow fall and imagining what the Wiseguys were discussing as they made their way to Bethlehem.

I'm just enjoying it each time I sign on. It's really neat! Thank you Boss man / Administrator / Chief which ever applies. :)
I also really enjoyed that special Christmas touch. And, now that's it's gone, I miss it!!
If you hold your breath for 10-1/2 months, I'll bet they bring it back.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11934
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:50 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:09 pm
I like the snow falling, the three Wiseguys, and the Christmas lights at the top. Who ever set this up....I thank you. I've been in blizzards and white-outs in Wyoming and Montana, snow in New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, Texas and even Bakersfield years ago - - 6 inches in our yard! Made BIG NEWS!
I enjoy watching the snow fall and imagining what the Wiseguys were discussing as they made their way to Bethlehem.

I'm just enjoying it each time I sign on. It's really neat! Thank you Boss man / Administrator / Chief which ever applies. :)
I also really enjoyed that special Christmas touch. And, now that's it's gone, I miss it!!
If you hold your breath for 10-1/2 months, I'll bet they bring it back.
A long wait.

But at least I won't have to ever hear again that the true meaning of Charlie Brown's Christmas is that "little trees need a lot of love." 8O
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 am

Really? We got the nativity, but not the lights? I feel short-changed. It's almost like the mods are treating this as a Christian board and not allowing us our crass commercialized expressions of the season. I wanna break some bulbs!!!! (and for those of you who don't like excessive exclamation marks, here's a few more: !!!!!!!!) And where the snow at?!?!?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11934
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Goose55 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 am

So far, I don't see anything using Firefox. Only the same Autumn pathway
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Pepik » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Hold down the Shift Key and klik on the Reload Icon (to the left of the URL bar, the curling circled arrow).
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Pepik » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 am
Really? We got the nativity, but not the lights? I feel short-changed. It's almost like the mods are treating this as a Christian board and not allowing us our crass commercialized expressions of the season. I wanna break some bulbs!!!! (and for those of you who don't like excessive exclamation marks, here's a few more: !!!!!!!!) And where the snow at?!?!?
Because the "mods" have far better things to do than pander to you naughty children who keep breaking our lights. These things don't grow on trees you know!

Beside, with that push to LED light strings, it's tough to find metric tonnes of replacement bulbs...
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser
Posts: 44162
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Del » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Pepik wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 pm
Hold down the Shift Key and klik on the Reload Icon (to the left of the URL bar, the curling circled arrow).
Is there a trick that will let me hear the bulbs breaking?

I got my sounds on and everything, but the bulbs are all quiet.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 11370
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 pm

I had forgotten how much I enjoy breaking the bulbs...my wife will be less pleased...But my thanks to Pepik and anyone else that was involved in the snow and bulbs.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
plainview
Elder
Elder
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: CPS Wisemen, snow and Christmas lights

Post by plainview » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 pm

User Control Panel:

Enable Smashable Christmas Lights

Yes, please. :chili:

Post Reply