St. Valentine's Day

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:05 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:24 pm
So I look and a local cinema is showing Casablanca Valentine's day. So I amble up to Mrs. UB and say, "Would you like to go to a movie on Valentine's Day?"

Mrs. UB: "Dissertation."

Me: "Well they are showing..."

Mrs. UB: "Dissertation!"

Me: "I know, I just thought..."

Mrs. UB: "DISSERTATION!"

I think there will be dissertating on Valentine's Day.
Way to read between the lines.
Well, I have been married for almost six years so that makes me an expert, right?

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:57 am
Going to an Irish Rovers concert in a few weeks as a late V-Day celebration.
Good times!
It didn't work out. I got sick so my daughter took my place. It was their final tour, so I don't get another shot at it. My wife did get me a 'Best of...' CD and a t-shirt, but it's not quite the same.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

rgcurrey
Usher
Usher

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:57 am
Going to an Irish Rovers concert in a few weeks as a late V-Day celebration.
Good times!
It didn't work out. I got sick so my daughter took my place. It was their final tour, so I don't get another shot at it. My wife did get me a 'Best of...' CD and a t-shirt, but it's not quite the same.

Sorry to hear that. It has been ages since I saw them. I grew up with them due to my father's love of Ireland. Well them and others like them. My favorite still is Tommy Makem and the Clancy Brothers.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:32 am

Plan to go to Smokies for belated (planned) anniversary trip end of this week. Lots of gears have to mesh for this to happen.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

StoicDetective
Congregation
Congregation

Post by StoicDetective » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 am

My wife and I are strange when about Valentine's day. She calls it a greeting card holiday. Last year she pointed out that it is not much different than Halloween; there is candy, cards, dress up, etc. She even pointed out that the same isles for the Valentine's paraphernalia at the stores are the same for Halloween. (She has an MBA and works in contracting and procurement.) The times that we have gone out, for fun she asks me to analyze the various couples in the restaurants. i.e. who's wearing wedding bands, who isn't but is showing tan lines from rings, how they are dressed, the non verbals/proximics between the couples, etc.

But this year, as last, I going to try off setting the celebration by a day, either before or after. We normally buy each other a small inexpensive gift as well. Last year she bought me a new fillet knife and had two steaks sealed in the shape of a heart from a local butcher shop.

Sent via telegraph

"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by chance ever observes." -- S. Holmes

"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." -- S. Spade

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:06 am

StoicDetective wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 am
Last year she bought me a new fillet knife and had two steaks sealed in the shape of a heart from a local butcher shop.

Sent via telegraph
Sound like you married-up. Congrats.
"... but unless you've made no mistakes in your life be careful of stones that you throw."
Hank Williams