Amazing Low Level Fly Over CA's Sierra Nevada Snow Pack

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Re: Amazing Low Level Fly Over CA's Sierra Nevada Snow Pack

Post by Jocose » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 am
Thanks, Bob. I'm glad someone out there to step into the breach.

I mean, it's nice and all that Goose is willing to return to his own threads daily and make sure to bump them, thereby annoying every one that didn't care to watch or read them the first ten times he posted and or bumped the thread at issue, but sometimes you genuinely missed the original post and don't know where to go to find it and goose isn't there.

You see, Goose, bumping a thread every day or two does nothing to get your point across. I think you should do it every fifteen minutes if you want somebody to know what you really think. Show some initiative.
:lol:

I still have not watched the video. If it were bumped every 15 minutes I prolly still wouldn't watch it.
I'm never going to watch it. Ever. And I want him to know that the only way he could do if it is if he held me down and rigged my eyeballs open like in A Clockwork Orange, and even then I'd be gnashing my teeth and spitting at it.

I was just trying to tell him politely to stop it.
Yeah, Assassin's Kittens will do that to a man.
I wouldn't know, I never watched it.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Death Wish and its progeny are some of the greatest films of the 1970s. If one disagrees with this, he is a foolish man with no taste." ~ TNLP

hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 am

Jocose wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:03 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 am
Thanks, Bob. I'm glad someone out there to step into the breach.

I mean, it's nice and all that Goose is willing to return to his own threads daily and make sure to bump them, thereby annoying every one that didn't care to watch or read them the first ten times he posted and or bumped the thread at issue, but sometimes you genuinely missed the original post and don't know where to go to find it and goose isn't there.

You see, Goose, bumping a thread every day or two does nothing to get your point across. I think you should do it every fifteen minutes if you want somebody to know what you really think. Show some initiative.
:lol:

I still have not watched the video. If it were bumped every 15 minutes I prolly still wouldn't watch it.
I'm never going to watch it. Ever. And I want him to know that the only way he could do if it is if he held me down and rigged my eyeballs open like in A Clockwork Orange, and even then I'd be gnashing my teeth and spitting at it.

I was just trying to tell him politely to stop it.
Yeah, Assassin's Kittens will do that to a man.
I wouldn't know, I never watched it.
I made it 30 seconds in. I think Bob watched the whole thing and is just now recovering his joie de vivre.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Good to see so much interest in the phenomenal Sierra Nevada snow pack. Last I checked there were nearly 300 views of this topic.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:26 pm
Good to see so much interest in the phenomenal Sierra Nevada snow pack. Last I checked there were nearly 300 views of this topic.
Folks here are anticipating an intervention, Goose.
As you can see from the content of posts, snow pack is as interesting as contour integration to most of them.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 pm
Goose55 wrote:
As you can see from the content of posts, snow pack is as interesting as contour integration to most of them.
Or, in other words, correlation doesn't equal causation, old top.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:50 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:39 pm
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Oh c'mon "those poor earthen antiquated levees in the north state, getting so saturated" really pull the heart strings even though they're intended to be wet, even sodden, and have been wet and sodden for most of 50 years. Nobody ever thinks about the earth. How much can they can take? For that matter there is a much bigger problem... we should be worrying about the poor wet sodden containment of the Pacific Ocean. Can you imagine if that got loose? And we've yet to talk about earthen levees and theodicy.

I want you to imagine that the floods and water drain and then in the summer the water levels drop and the heat starts drying the poor earthen levees. Do they crack? Were they cracked anyway? How can any of you sleep at night?
Last edited by Rusty on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:50 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Oh c'mon "those poor earthen antiquated levees in the north state, getting so saturated" really pull the heart strings even though they're intended to be wet, even sodden, and have been wet and sodden for most of 50 years. Nobody ever thinks about the earth. How much can they can take? For that matter there is a much bigger problem... we should be worrying about the poor wet sodden containment of the Pacific Ocean. Can you imagine if that got loose? And we've yet to about earthen levees and theodicy.
True, but I'm enjoying the discussion about earthen levees and idiocy. Earth is supposed to be dry when it contains water, Mister.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 pm
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Oh c'mon "those poor earthen antiquated levees in the north state, getting so saturated" really pull the heart strings even though they're intended to be wet, even sodden, and have been wet and sodden for most of 50 years. Nobody ever thinks about the earth. How much can they can take? For that matter there is a much bigger problem... we should be worrying about the poor wet sodden containment of the Pacific Ocean. Can you imagine if that got loose? And we've yet to about earthen levees and theodicy.
True, but I'm enjoying the discussion about earthen levees and idiocy. Earth is supposed to be dry when it contains water, Mister.
"Earth is supposed to be dry when it contains water." What? Almost nothing is dry when it contains water. You can see and smell this when it rains on a cement sidewalk in the summer. You can also see and smell this with soil. And the alternative makes watering lawns, gardens, hanging baskets, etc pointless. So the statement isn't quite right. What do you really mean?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
"Earth is supposed to be dry when it contains water." What? Almost nothing is dry when it contains water. You can see and smell this when it rains on a cement sidewalk in the summer. You can also see and smell this with soil. And the alternative makes watering lawns, gardens, hanging baskets, etc pointless. So the statement isn't quite right. What do you really mean?
We have a hard time reading each other, and I feel badly about that. I was joining in your gentle mockery, playing the part of the idiot. Twas humor.

Sometimes I express myself badly.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Those levees in Northern CA have been dry for a long time, because of the drought. So its anybody's guess how such sudden, and thorough, and constant hydration is affecting them. Or, most importantly, what the pressure of 200 plus % snow pack will do to them. Have you been to N CA, to see just how many housing developments were somehow permitted by idiots to be built in flood plains?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Those levees in Northern CA have been dry for a long time, because of the drought. So its anybody's guess how such sudden, and thorough, and constant hydration is affecting them. Or, most importantly, what the pressure of 200 plus % snow pack will do to them. Have you been to N CA, to see just how many housing developments were somehow permitted by idiots to be built in flood plains?
Do you have any walnuts?

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 pm
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Do you have any walnuts?
Oh, yes, I do and I love them. The big Kirkland bags I buy at Costco, are grown in CA, and with lots of irrigation. CA receives no rain at all from about April through Oct, so the Walnut groves benefit from the CA Water Project.

Of course, all those walnuts and almonds and ga-zillions of people need water, and more and more and more of it. Be nice to see more desalination plants down there in La-La land, so they are not so dependent on Northern CA reservoirs to hose off their drive ways

We are lucky or more true, blessed here. Monsoon rains run through the arroyos, north, and fill several deep wells, and an underground river about 5 miles north. Communities in West Phoenix have actually tried to strong arm us out of our water. We're blessed to not need a Lake Oroville.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
That's natural selection - people who build on flood plains. What do you think comprises the earthen levees?

When does the snow pack normally melt during the year?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
We have a hard time reading each other, and I feel badly about that. I was joining in your gentle mockery, playing the part of the idiot. Twas humor.

Sometimes I express myself badly.
It's sometimes hard to tell when it's just text. But I certainly buy the humour. It's ok.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Do you have any walnuts?
Oh, yes, I do and I love them. The big Kirkland bags I buy at Costco, are grown in CA, and with lots of irrigation. CA receives no rain at all from about April through Oct, so the Walnut groves benefit from the CA Water Project.

Of course, all those walnuts and almonds and ga-zillions of people need water, and more and more and more of it. Be nice to see more desalination plants down there in La-La land, so they are not so dependent on Northern CA reservoirs to hose off their drive ways

We are lucky or more true, blessed here. Monsoon rains run through the arroyos, north, and fill several deep wells, and an underground river about 5 miles north. Communities in West Phoenix have actually tried to strong arm us out of our water. We're blessed to not need a Lake Oroville.
I wasn't talking about English walnuts, but American Black Walnuts. Do you like American Black Walnuts.

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Do you have any walnuts?

I wasn't talking about English walnuts, but American Black Walnuts. Do you like American Black Walnuts.
American African-American Walnuts?
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:05 am

hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Do you have any walnuts?

Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 am

Opinion in filberts, Goose?

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Skip wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:03 am
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Do you have any walnuts?

American African-American Walnuts?
Brazil nuts?

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:46 pm

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain