Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Nice nature images, Rev, DL, and Gabriel.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Charleston SC
Contact:

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Dlibbon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 am

Image

Morning


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 am

Dlibbon wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 am
Image

Morning


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glorious.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Dlibbon wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 am
Image

Morning


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really neat image. Thanks, Dlibbon.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:36 pm

I think I may have posted this one before, but it's a new copy of the transparency, made with a much much better camera and lens. Veteran Monterey Cypress Tree, Point Lobos State Park, CA

Image
Fuji Velvia 4 x 5, 240 mm Caltar II lens.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Charleston SC
Contact:

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Dlibbon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Image

Really glad trout live in beautiful places.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm just having too much fun making digital copies of some of my 4 x 5 Fuji Velvia transparencies with the new to me Fujifilm X-E1 and FX 60mm lens. This was posted here before, but not like this. Late September, Nicolette National Forest, Wisconsin.....

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Dlibbon
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Charleston SC
Contact:

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Dlibbon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:22 am

Goose55 wrote:I'm just having too much fun making digital copies of some of my 4 x 5 Fuji Velvia transparencies with the new to me Fujifilm X-E1 and FX 60mm lens. This was posted here before, but not like this. Late September, Nicolette National Forest, Wisconsin.....

Image
Love the white contrast in this picture.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:27 am

Dlibbon wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:22 am
Goose55 wrote:I'm just having too much fun making digital copies of some of my 4 x 5 Fuji Velvia transparencies with the new to me Fujifilm X-E1 and FX 60mm lens. This was posted here before, but not like this. Late September, Nicolette National Forest, Wisconsin.....

Image
Love the white contrast in this picture.
Yes, I do too. A lot. The Birch trees really make for a 3 dimensional feel to the image. It's cropped down about 50% from the original for I was limited in how far up I could set the camera in a makeshift copy stand/ tripod. The original image has more Birch trees in it.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Foxglove, from which chemists produce Digitalis, the heart drug...

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by durangopipe » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Beautiful, Goose!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Keeping with purple flowers,...Pansies, Denver Botanical Gardens

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

plainview
Usher
Usher
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by plainview » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Image
Seagull resting on a marker post at the beach.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by durangopipe » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:20 pm
Keeping with purple flowers,...Pansies, Denver Botanical Gardens

Image
My son is the architect who did their new display space and immersive displays.
Yes, I'm a proud dad. :pipe:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by durangopipe » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Dlibbon wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 pm
Image

Really glad trout live in beautiful places.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too.
Great photo, Dlibbon.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park (Crescent City, CA).

Digital copy of a 4 x 5 inch Fuji-chrome Velvia transparency. Oh, the color saturation of Fuji-chrome Velvia. No wonder Kodachrome is no more. ....

Image

For those of you who like house cats, I traveled extensively with two of them in 1999. One of them, still a relatively small kitten, attached herself to one of these colossal trees as I was working, as though she would be able to surmount it. Humorous creatures, cats.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5907
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by durangopipe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:16 pm
Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park (Crescent City, CA).

Digital copy of a 4 x 5 inch Fuji-chrome Velvia transparency. Oh, the color saturation of Fuji-chrome Velvia. No wonder Kodachrome is no more. ....

Image

For those of you who like house cats, I traveled extensively with two of them in 1999. One of them, still a relatively small kitten, attached herself to one of these colossal trees as I was working, as though she would be able to surmount it. Humorous creatures, cats.
This is an elegant image, Goose.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by Goose55 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:08 am

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 am
Goose55 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:16 pm
Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park (Crescent City, CA).

Digital copy of a 4 x 5 inch Fuji-chrome Velvia transparency. Oh, the color saturation of Fuji-chrome Velvia. No wonder Kodachrome is no more. ....

Image

For those of you who like house cats, I traveled extensively with two of them in 1999. One of them, still a relatively small kitten, attached herself to one of these colossal trees as I was working, as though she would be able to surmount it. Humorous creatures, cats.
This is an elegant image, Goose.
It appears that sunshine is flooding the forest, but it wasn't so. It was just such high contrast.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3480
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Your Best Nature Photos Thread

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:36 pm

From the boat todayImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Post Reply