News in the News

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

News in the News

Post by infidel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Text-Only NPR

I hope more sites do this!
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Re: News in the News

Post by wosbald » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:50 am

+JMJ+

Security flaw in Vatican website leads to “Lord is an Onion” headline
Screenshot of headline at Vatican News website declaring "The Lord is an Onion." (Credit: Twitter.)

Despite what seemed like official confirmation, God is not an onion.

For a short time, the new website of the Secretariat for Communication, www.vaticannews.va, carried the headline, “Pope Francis: The Lord is an Onion.”

The change was made by a Belgian security hacker, Inti De Ceukelaire, who said he was trying to point out the security flaws in the website, which was launched last year.

[…]

“I contacted the webmaster from the Vatican on his official e-mail address on nine occasions. The mails were opened and read, as they did actually change something after my initial report,” De Ceukelaire told Crux in an email exchange.

“From there on, they started ignoring my messages for weeks. Then I friendly pointed them out that if they wouldn’t at least consider fixing it before February 7th, I’d go public with [it]. That is an industry-standard security researcher practice called full disclosure,” he said. “Obviously, this is our least preferred scenario, but sometimes webmasters need a little bit of pressure to fix their websites, Vatican or not.”

[…]

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: News in the News

Post by Del » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm

But He still has layers, right?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4