Best pillow Evar

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
424cat
Congregation
Congregation

Best pillow Evar

Post by 424cat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am

We are going thru the the best bed evar thread, what type pillow do you prefer?

Myself I like my feather pillows,with not to many feathers in them. I can bunch them up, fold them over and make them just right. The wife hates my feather pillows, but loves her big fluffy down pillows.

What helps you guys sleep? "My Pillow" "memory foam" "foam" "down" "feather" big, little? It's more comfortable for me to wad up a bath towel for a pillow than to sleep on a big fluffy pillow.

opinions, talk me into something different.
on bended knee

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Re: Best pillow Ever

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am

I like a two pillow duplex load. Eider Down, hands down for the top story and a firm foundational pillow for the basement.
It works for me anyway.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: Best pillow Evar

Post by Goose55 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:16 am

I had a contoured memory foam pillow that I liked quite a bit. Very soft and yet supportive. But I left it out in the summer sun to air out and it melted.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 am

I was a feather pillow guy for decades. I slept for years on a hand-made pillows... the feathers were recovered from an ancient down mattress at my grandparent's farm. My mother replaced the ticking on all of family's pillows when I was a teenager. The original feathers might be 100 years old by now.

Nothing lasts forever.

Last year, we replaced our down pillows with a new set from My Pillow. I love the loft and firmness of the My Pillow, but they also have the scrunchy shape-conforming comfort of a feather pillow.

This Christmas, Mrs. Del gave gifts of My Pillow pillows to our sons, our son's girlfriend, and a FOCUS missionary from Equador who joined us for Christmas dinner.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

424cat
Congregation
Congregation

Post by 424cat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:40 am

Del wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 am
I was a feather pillow guy for decades. I slept for years on a hand-made pillows... the feathers were recovered from an ancient down mattress at my grandparent's farm. My mother replaced the ticking on all of family's pillows when I was a teenager. The original feathers might be 100 years old by now.

Nothing lasts forever.

Last year, we replaced our down pillows with a new set from My Pillow. I love the loft and firmness of the My Pillow, but they also have the scrunchy shape-conforming comfort of a feather pillow.

This Christmas, Mrs. Del gave gifts of My Pillow pillows to our sons, our son's girlfriend, and a FOCUS missionary from Equador who joined us for Christmas dinner.
Every time I get a cold, my wife blames it on the bugs that live in my "very old" feather pillows.
on bended knee

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm

The best combo I've found for me is a side sleeping memory foam pillow with a My Pillow neck roll.

My neck and back are really jacked-up and finding the right solution is very challenging.
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am
Poor Brent.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:16 am
I had a contoured memory foam pillow that I liked quite a bit. Very soft and yet supportive. But I left it out in the summer sun to air out and it melted.
Wait, whut?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Wait, whut?
It can happen.
I spent some time at Ft. Huachuca, where it even gets cool.
Arizona is a different world.

Del

Post by Del » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Wait, whut?
It can happen.
Cigarson spent a year or so in Arizona at Fr. Huachuca. High altitude and no humidity, it often feels comfortable. But that sun just beats beats down without relenting. Objects left outside get bleached, burned, or melted.

May your pillow rest in peace.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:42 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
Wait, whut?
It can happen.
Cigarson spent a year or so in Arizona at Fr. Huachuca. High altitude and no humidity, it often feels comfortable. But that sun just beats beats down without relenting. Objects left outside get bleached, burned, or melted.

May your pillow rest in peace.
You ought to see what the desert can do to cars!Image

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:58 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm
The best combo I've found for me is a side sleeping memory foam pillow with a My Pillow neck roll.

My neck and back are really jacked-up and finding the right solution is very challenging.
I need to look this up. I'm a side sleeper and I can never find that balance between holding my head in the right place and not being so hard I have a headache in the morning. And don't get me started on what most pillows do to mu neck and back. Argh. Pillows are my enemy. I can count the number of times on one hand I've been happy with a pillow in my adult life.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:58 am
JimVH wrote:

I need to look this up. I'm a side sleeper and I can never find that balance between holding my head in the right place and not being so hard I have a headache in the morning. And don't get me started on what most pillows do to mu neck and back. Argh. Pillows are my enemy. I can count the number of times on one hand I've been happy with a pillow in my adult life.
I use a buckwheat pillow for much the same reasons, expressed less dramatically.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:38 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
JimVH wrote:

I use a buckwheat pillow for much the same reasons, expressed less dramatically.
Like a bag of buckwheat flour? You may need professional help.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:38 am
hugodrax wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
JimVH wrote:

Morley is right about you.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
JimVH wrote:

Hush, you.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:26 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 am
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
JimVH wrote:

Hush, you.
Physician, heal thyself.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:29 am

424cat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:06 am
We are going thru the the best bed evar thread, what type pillow do you prefer?
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS