Broken Pipe - Rusty

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Broken Pipe - Rusty

Post by Cleon » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 am

Every time I look at a bulldog or a Rhodesian I think of Rusty. Every time. I think of the many times we argued and debated over what defined those styles of pipes. Some might think, "Who cares? It's just a pipe." He cared. A lot.

One of the most passionate rebukes I ever got here came from Rusty in a PM when he thought I was leading a newbie astray with my definitions of the shapes. It was a little unreal at the time, but I ended up taking it for what it really was - Rusty was caring for the newbie. I appreciated that and he was sharpening me.

And Erinmore Flake? I can't even look at that tobacco without hearing Rusty, in my own made up voice, calling it a "tart" of a tobacco.

Thanks, Rusty.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Son of a....

Reading this thread mad me realize how much I have missed you all the last few months. I am saddened, humbled, and touched. I don't know what else to say.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:03 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 pm
Son of a....

Reading this thread mad me realize how much I have missed you all the last few months. I am saddened, humbled, and touched. I don't know what else to say.
Strange, isn't it? The longer this place goes on the more this is going to happen.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Cleon wrote:
mont974x4 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 pm
Son of a....

Strange, isn't it? The longer this place goes on the more this is going to happen.
True. It is the natural order of things. It still saddens us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 am

Indeed, death and taxes and all.

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

huddsbaggie
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by huddsbaggie » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:15 am

I missed this thread when I popped back on (things a re bit different). I found out from CodeMonkey today and looked for the news; I had thought this was about a broken pipe incident involving Rusty's collection or summat!

Blow me down. Although stunned and immenseley saddened, I am privileged to have wandered into this grotto where Rusty held dominion on pipes, tobacco, science and miscellany and will miss our drinks at Beelzebub's bar (Rusty's choice). I am still not sure he didn't believe I was going to paddle down the Hudson and claim you lot back for the Crown; it seemed to tickle him, so I may yet do so in his memory.

Farewell, old erudite, ornery, mental jack-jumper. I'll have a Doombar at the Angel in Wainfleet tonight in your memory, now they have closed Beelzebub's. Feel free to sip over my shoulder, any time you like.
"All I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football"
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:55 am

What ever happened to the memorial journal pass? Whose got it now?

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis