MLB 2018

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Goose55 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:26 am

From MLB dot com:
"According to STATS, San Fransisco Giant's 2nd baseman Joe Panik, who went deep off Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw in Thursday's season opener, is the first Major Leaguer to hit back-to-back solo homers at any juncture of the season to win 1-0 games for his team. The Giants are also the 2nd team in MLB history and the first team since the 1943 Reds to open a season with consecutive 1-0 victories.

"Until Friday night, no major-league team had won back-to-back 1-0 games with the same player hitting a home run in each. Panik’s homer against Clayton Kershaw in the season opener was special. His ninth-inning shot against Kenley Jansen on Friday was a bolt out of the blue."

https://www.mlb.com/news/giants-joe-pan ... -270230822
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:16 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:02 am
As a T-Mobile customer I was reminded that (starting tomorrow) I can get MLB.TV and MLB At Bat Premium for free. I rarely access the TV games because of the blackout rule, but the At Bat app is pretty nifty. Regardless, it made me realize we didn't have a thread about 2018 yet and opening day is Thursday!

Go Royals!
Tuttle I just wanted to thank you again for the heads up on this as I sit here and watch another Indians game on the iPad.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai

Post by infidel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:26 am
From MLB dot com:
"According to STATS, San Fransisco Giant's 2nd baseman Joe Panik, who went deep off Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw in Thursday's season opener, is the first Major Leaguer to hit back-to-back solo homers at any juncture of the season to win 1-0 games for his team. The Giants are also the 2nd team in MLB history and the first team since the 1943 Reds to open a season with consecutive 1-0 victories.

"Until Friday night, no major-league team had won back-to-back 1-0 games with the same player hitting a home run in each. Panik’s homer against Clayton Kershaw in the season opener was special. His ninth-inning shot against Kenley Jansen on Friday was a bolt out of the blue."
Baseball fans sure know how to dress up meaningless statistics into something that sounds "special", I'll give you that much.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Finally the Indians found some offense to go with the great beginning of the season pitching they have had. :taco:
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Willie Mays turned 87 today. He had a record 7083 put outs as a center fielder. The next closest out fielder is Ichiro, but he had only 5000 put outs.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:39 am

Out of the blue the G's have this young fella appear on the scene, flame thrower Derick Rodriguez, son of Hall of Famer Ivan Rodriguez. He pitches his first start today after Stratton & Suarez blanked the Phils twice. And Bumgarner is back on Tuesday. And power hitter Mac Williamson is back in left, and Joe Panik is also returned. Most all the pieces to the puzzle seem to be back in place.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Most awesome of all time putouts from Major League outfielders......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ctPAqt_wk

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am

Yankees and Red Sox have some battle going on between them this year. And they have buried Baltimore nearly 30 games out of 1st place and it's not yet July