Book Pass

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Book Pass

Post by FredS » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 pm

I have a copy of Hooked, An Unlikely Spiritual Journey by our very own (late) GScott. If anyone is interested in a book pass, let me know (in this thread) and I'll send it out so we can share our friends story. I just checked Amazon and no print copies are available so I feel OK posting this without fear of taking food from his families table. Lemme know.

When the drowning death of a fellow scuba diver propels author E. Giles Scott Jr. to wrestle with the deeper questions of life and death, he is swept up into a most unlikely adventure. Loading his Volvo with camping gear, Scott quits his job as an office copier technician to join eccentric friends who are, like many of their generation, living off the land in West Virginia. Sleeping in woods that locals called “Rocky Hollar,” seeking enlightenment alongside seekers who hate religion as much as he does, Scott hungers to discover how he fits into a universe designed by a creator he does not yet know.

In Hooked, Scott tells the story of the nine months he spent in the woods and a three-month stint hitchhiking across the country. He narrates how he looked under every rock and philosophy for answers only God had until he was lured by one relentless divine fisherman.

From a Hindu Ashram in Baltimore, to a primitive hippie-infested island off Canada, Scott rejects one false lure after another. In this tale that begins in the ocean’s depths, Hooked shares the story of how one crafty angler eventually hooked his prize catch.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Book Pass

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm

I'm in, Fred. How come I didn't know any of this? I sure miss alot around here.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:42 pm

You need to spend less time with your real family and friends and more your virtual ones.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Count me in for sure.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:53 am

Interesting. In.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:48 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:42 pm
You need to spend less time with your real family and friends and more your virtual ones.
:lol:
Sola Deo Gloria

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:19 pm

All righty then. PM me some addresses and I'll get this thing on it's way.

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Post by Winton » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 pm

The Kindle version is on Amazon. This is a great book.

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:56 am

Winton wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 pm
The Kindle version is on Amazon. This is a great book.
Indeed it is.

Also, I only have one mailing address so far. Do you guys want in on this or not?

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am

PM sent.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)