Ketogenic lifestyle

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Re: Ketogenic lifestyle

Post by Jocose » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:17 pm
Jocose wrote:I've not cheated yet. I've not had any processed food or bad carbs in over 30 days.

:chili:
How much weight have you lost?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
IDK I haven't stepped on a scale since my last dr visit.

I have lost several inches off of my waist and I need new pants and a belt. I've shrunk shirt sizes as well.

I think the main benefit so far is the increased energy and the mental clarity, (which alone is why a lot of folks do this diet) which no doubt I'm in great need of.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

JMG
Bearded Crusader for JUSTICE ... on a Mission

Post by JMG » Fri May 18, 2018 10:51 pm

I'm sticking with this dumb diet. Monday will be two weeks. I lost weight the first week, stalled out this second. We shall see. I'm adding a bit of exercise to my routine in the form of a little bike riding around the neighborhood. Hopefully that will help. I've got to lower my calories, I think. My appetite is getting a little better, but still getting pretty hungry between meals...not nearly as bad as I was the first week. I've been getting headaches in the morning, but not sure if that's related as I get headaches a lot and always have. The first week my energy level was coming to a crashing halt a couple times a day, warranting a nap (one nap at least after I got home from work). This past week that has subsided. Still tired, but that's just from lack of sleep as I have had legit issues sleeping since I was a kid.

This week was kind of a bummer as I haven't really lost any weight and I feel like I stuck the diet fairly well. I'm going to try to tighten up this coming week with my calorie intake and late night eating (just made a two egg omelet with goat cheese at 11 pm).

To quote the words of our NC friend, "We shall see."
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 19, 2018 7:22 pm

Having done a little research on the internet, I have a few conclusions:

- Questions like "How to do keto?" or "How does keto work?" have a variety of answers. For every "scientifically tested fact" there is another "scientifically tested fact" that says exactly the opposite. No citations are ever given, and one might suspect that all such "facts" made up.

- Somewhere on the internet, it is possible to find "Keto is known to cure x", where "x" is any disease known to man. Keto is 2018's snake oil.

- Those who dare to say something negative about the keto diet are quickly hushed by true believers. Keto is the only true religion.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 19, 2018 7:24 pm

The Carb Manager app really helps.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

JMG

Post by JMG » Mon May 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Started week 3 today. My morning weigh in was down 9 lbs from the start date. My hunger cravings are becoming much better. I still don't have that magic energy level or clarity that folks seem to rave about...but all I care is about getting back to fighting weight. I wish there was more variety in what I could eat. I guess there are a lot more options, but it would get expensive really quickly so that's out. I did eat some pork rinds yesterday driving back from preaching at a church 2 1/2 hours away. Those will become a regular thing as I miss the crunch and chips.

At least 20 lbs to go, but would love to lose 25 more.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad