A big rumble goin' on in Fresno!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

A big rumble goin' on in Fresno!

Post by Hovannes » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 pm

And at my old Alma Mater, no less---
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... -dead.html

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: A big rumble goin' on in Fresno!

Post by ReverendThom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

A tenured professor tweets "f*** outta here..." And "PSA: either you are against these pieces of s***....'

What is happening to academia?

Oi.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:04 pm

wow
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm
A tenured professor tweets "f*** outta here..." And "PSA: either you are against these pieces of s***....'

Oi.
I work in a University, very closely with the Faculty of Education. These people, for the most part, are demented, debauched, and reprobate. They teach the young men & women who will teach our kids. Frightening.

Ever read Perretti's books? Total fiction - but almost prophetic. The demonic realm has co-opted education.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:41 am

I have no idea how such a despicable person was ever voted tenure at a major university. She's scary. Big red flag -- Don't send your kids to a school like that.

Latest updates on Randa Jarrar. It seems that she writes for a lot of leftist online tabloids, nowadays.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/randa-ja ... th-tweets/
==================================================================

P.S. Most latest update.

Press conference from the University in response to her behavior, and hints that her job is already in jeopardy.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29615/fr ... n-saavedra
The Washington Post added that "her future interactions with students may be in question." Zelezny did not outline any specific disciplinary actions against Jarrar, stating only that officials are going to meet with “all represented parties.”

Zelezny went on to state that Jarrar has been on leave for the entire current semester and that she is not currently teaching any classes.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:20 am

AFRS wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Oi.
I work in a University, very closely with the Faculty of Education. These people, for the most part, are demented, debauched, and reprobate. They teach the young men & women who will teach our kids. Frightening.

Ever read Perretti's books? Total fiction - but almost prophetic. The demonic realm has co-opted education.
Being 'woke' is the new Gnosticism

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:50 am

All I can say with regard to this woman is nobody here anymore. Nobody minding the store.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am

With the greatest respect for our profs like durangopipe and sideache, university professors and campuses in general have always been left-leaning affairs. This is not new. The behavior referenced in this thread is particularly vile and militant, but it's not new.

My best (unsolicited) advice is to work hard to give your kids a good base before they leave for university. And then stay involved while they're there. Heading out in to the world with an open mind is a good thing. Young people wanting to fix the world, whether as soldiers or scholars, is a good thing. Just try to have enough involvement that they will share what these whack jobs are saying with you and enough influence that you can steer them a little right so they don't end up in the ditch.

EDIT: A few times, with my three daughters, I've advised them to refuse to do, say, or write anything they find offensive. If that means failing a course, so be it. We can figure a way around it - there's a way to get through or around every problem, just don't do anything you're not OK with. No matter who's instructing you to do it. Of course that advice led to one speaking out in her Sr apologetics class and getting kicked out of high school four months before graduation thereby losing an athletic scholarship to a christian college. Talk about courage! And guess what. We got through it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:38 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am
With the greatest respect for our profs like durangopipe and sideache, university professors and campuses in general have always been left-leaning affairs. This is not new. The behavior referenced in this thread is particularly vile and militant, but it's not new.

My best (unsolicited) advice is to work hard to give your kids a good base before they leave for university. And then stay involved while they're there. Heading out in to the world with an open mind is a good thing. Young people wanting to fix the world, whether as soldiers or scholars, is a good thing. Just try to have enough involvement that they will share what these whack jobs are saying with you and enough influence that you can steer them a little right so they don't end up in the ditch.

EDIT: A few times, with my three daughters, I've advised them to refuse to do, say, or write anything they find offensive. If that means failing a course, so be it. We can figure a way around it - there's a way to get through or around every problem, just don't do anything you're not OK with. No matter who's instructing you to do it. Of course that advice led to one speaking out in her Sr apologetics class and getting kicked out of high school four months before graduation thereby losing an athletic scholarship to a christian college. Talk about courage! And guess what. We got through it.
Respect.

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 pm
And at my old Alma Mater, no less---
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... -dead.html
San Francisco expanded to Fresno, huh?

It’s like a cancer.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:38 pm
FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am

Respect.
Respect here too...well stated
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:58 pm

You don't have to look very hard to find jerks on either side of the aisle.
Oh Mighty Cobfather, return and smite the interlopers.

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by CodeMonkey » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Somehow this is how I picture a rumble in Fresno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToND8Y0K6A
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 am

Please review the ToS concerning politics: app.php/rules
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am

This thread is less about politics and more about the scoundrels who work at univer. . .oh wait.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:58 am

The lady is obviously smart enough to teach at a university...She should be smart enough to realize it's not okay to say stuff like that.

The tone for this was set a long time ago.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:59 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am
This thread is less about politics and more about the scoundrels who work at univer. . .oh wait.
I'd love to not be able to be fired. It's a good gig if you can get it.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Jester
A terrible Raquel Welch
A terrible Raquel Welch

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am

The University decided against any punishment. Apparently she can't be fired.

Image Image
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

When chaos manifests itself, what makes you think that anyone tame will be good for anything? -Jordan B. Peterson

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am
The University decided against any punishment. Apparently she can't be fired.

Image Image
That's right.
University President Castro is getting clobbered for the announcement (FWIW, he's a very good man but his hands are tied by legal counsel.)
The only thing I see that can punish the prof is for students to boycott her classes when she returns to work, but my daughter who is a student there informs me that the students could care less about this.

FredS

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:05 am

Can we really blame the good professor? There are so many protected classes now that there's hardly anyone left who she can gripe about. It's not like blue-haired, white old ladies are going to stage a campus protest. I suppose a person has to vent once in a while and she picked a safe group to spew at.