We will do another "freestyle" swap this time as that seems to be the best fit for our varied community. We have fishermen from CA to SC represented here, so keep that in mind when selecting a fly to contribute. Or don't, it's a freestyle exchange after all.
Please contact me ASAP with your name, address, and what fly you will be tying. Once we have our finalized list, I will post a deadline and we'll get going!
1. Fly swaps are an opportunity for tiers to exchange flies, it's usually done on a 1 fly for 1 fly basis. A member will post a thread about a swap with general guidelines including number of tiers and a deadline for when flies need to be in, the original poster is usually called the swapmeister. Once the deadline is set, other members post about their desire to participate and the swapmeister will add them to the list.
2. Mail your finished flies to Gabriel (his address will be sent to you via pm). Use some sort of crush resistant packaging. A small box, tobacco tin, or something along those lines will work great. Your box will be re-used by the swapmeister to return your flies so don't send them in just an envelope. Send a few dollars for return postage. Don't stiff the swapmeister.
3. Flies should be toe-tagged with the name of the pattern and your CPS screen name so we know who tied what. A toe tag is usually just a small strip of paper that you stick on to each fly over the barb so it won't fall off. If you tie with barbless hooks then figure out another way to securely attach the tag. Include the recipe and history or a favorite memory or story for the pattern if you'd like to share (these stories/recipes/etc can be shared in this thread as the swap unfolds).
5. We have 7 people in this swap. I'd like each participant to tie 8 flies - one for each swapper and one to be added to a boxed set we'll sell at auction on CPS. I'll split them up and return a complete set (including one of their own) to each participant. I'll box the extra set in a tobacco tin I have lying around unless someone wants to provide something more special.
6. Once you decide what fly you'll make for the swap, PM me and I'll post it next to your name at the top of this post. It's perfectly OK if two or more tiers choose to submit the same type of fly.
That ought to do it. Get yer fingers limbered up and start tying.