You CAN Have It All

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

You CAN Have It All

Post by Goose55 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am

You can have it all. Virginia in one bowl and Perique in the other....

I thought that with so many on CPS having rough goings with one matter or another these days, a bit of sarcastic humor was in order to show just how valueless material things are when our life or health is on the line. The health & wealth prosperity gospel rings pretty hollow when faced with the realities of pain & suffering.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Adam Z
Congregation
Congregation

Re: You CAN Have It All

Post by Adam Z » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:04 am

I'm happy to keep one bowl burning. This looks like too much work, LOL.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 am

This reminds me of that one scene in Total Recall.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Adam Z
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Adam Z » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:31 am

Cleon wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 am
This reminds me of that one scene in Total Recall.
Wow... :lol:

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Yet another pipe that would go well with that lady pipe that somebody posted a few weeks ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 pm
Yet another pipe that would go well with that lady pipe that somebody posted a few weeks ago!

No, sir. Not for me.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:56 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.
You sell yourself short, sir. You could give that pipe legitimacy. Think of it as an evangelical tool. I imagine you walking down the street smoking that pipe.

Concerned citizen: "What the HELL are you smoking, Mister?"

The Goose: "Fifteen year old Fillmore from GLPease, sir, which I find absolutely amazing in its subtlety. Why, it's almost as good as that pinnacle of pipe smoking pleasure, 40th Anniversary from McClelland Tobacco Company. Do you have a moment to discuss Rusty and the benefits of dedicating your life to the McClelland Leaf?"

There are real world possibilities here that I must ask you to consider. Think of the children.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:09 am

hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.
You sell yourself short, sir. You could give that pipe legitimacy. Think of it as an evangelical tool. I imagine you walking down the street smoking that pipe.

The Goose: "Fifteen year old Fillmore from GLPease, sir, which I find absolutely amazing in its subtlety. Why, it's almost as good as that pinnacle of pipe smoking pleasure, 40th Anniversary from McClelland Tobacco Company. Do you have a moment to discuss Rusty and the benefits of dedicating your life to the McClelland Leaf?"

There are real world possibilities here that I must ask you to consider. Think of the children.
HA! I about died just now.

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:17 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:56 am
Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.

If only the stem wasn't pink I'd consider it.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 am

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:17 am
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:56 am
Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.

If only the stem wasn't pink I'd consider it.
A valid objection. Shame, though. You could pull it off.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.

Although, I too am a GLPease fanboy, so I don’t have much to say...

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.

Theres no mockery here. The fact is, that pipe is pretty much illustrative of how people actually see us. So why not smoke one if you like it?

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

You CAN Have It All

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm

hugodrax wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

No, sir. Not for me.

Theres no mockery here. The fact is, that pipe is pretty much illustrative of how people actually see us. So why not smoke one if you like it?
True, however, I find it truly, almost comically hideous, not to mention the price tag...

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:04 pm

True, however, I find it truly, almost comically hideous, not to mention the price tag...

I just saw the price tag. 'Strewth. I'd spend 40 bucks on it, though. I'm sick of hearing "You dont see that much anymore." I'd like to hear "I've never seen that before" for a change.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:03 am

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain