One Hit Wonders And Why

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3193
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:16 pm

How about this?
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20706
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Jocose » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:45 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:16 pm
How about this?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23592
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Hovannes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:45 am

"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Adam Z
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: Greensboro, NC
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Adam Z » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm sorry. I forgot that some people think Pink Floyd had more than one hit.
8O

It appears you've been smoking the wrong stuff... Repent, brother!

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21717
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by JimVH » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am

Adam Z wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 am
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm sorry. I forgot that some people think Pink Floyd had more than one hit.
8O

It appears you've been smoking the wrong stuff... Repent, brother!
:D

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13152
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:32 pm

JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am
Adam Z wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 am
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm sorry. I forgot that some people think Pink Floyd had more than one hit.
8O

It appears you've been smoking the wrong stuff... Repent, brother!
:D
"Dark Side of the Moon" has sold <45 million and counting.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21717
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by JimVH » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:32 pm
JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am
Adam Z wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 am
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm sorry. I forgot that some people think Pink Floyd had more than one hit.
8O

It appears you've been smoking the wrong stuff... Repent, brother!
:D
"Dark Side of the Moon" has sold <45 million and counting.
Dumb luck?

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13152
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 am

JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:37 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:32 pm
JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am
Adam Z wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 am
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm sorry. I forgot that some people think Pink Floyd had more than one hit.
8O

It appears you've been smoking the wrong stuff... Repent, brother!
:D
"Dark Side of the Moon" has sold <45 million and counting.
Dumb luck?
I'm guessing you have never listened to the whole thing with Quadraphonic headsets after smoking wacky weed.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28323
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by coco » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 am

Heard in UncleBob's garage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
There's no use denying it.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21717
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by JimVH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:12 am
JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:37 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:32 pm
JimVH wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am
Adam Z wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 am
JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm sorry. I forgot that some people think Pink Floyd had more than one hit.
8O

It appears you've been smoking the wrong stuff... Repent, brother!
:D
"Dark Side of the Moon" has sold <45 million and counting.
Dumb luck?
I'm guessing you have never listened to the whole thing with Quadraphonic headsets after smoking wacky weed.
You are correct, but given that scenario, I'm sure they would be an instant favorite.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28323
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by coco » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 am

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28323
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by coco » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28323
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by coco » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 am

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28323
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by coco » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 am

Absolutely Useless Fact: GainingAge had this haircut in 1982-1983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Goose55 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:20 am

coco wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 am
On Jocose's iPod playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWW6mP9dFEI
Was that a British group? Catchy tune. ;-/
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34882
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by UncleBob » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 am

coco wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 am
Heard in UncleBob's garage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
There's no use denying it.
WTH was that?
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 6960
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Goose55 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:33 am

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 am
coco wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 am
Heard in UncleBob's garage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg
There's no use denying it.
WTH was that?
A wanna be one hit wonder
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27341
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23592
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Hovannes » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Most poignant Terry Jacks?
https://youtu.be/YG9otasNmxI
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23592
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: One Hit Wonders And Why

Post by Hovannes » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm

"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Post Reply