Baby, It's Cold Outside

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by FredS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:22 pm

A local station banned it here to. The TV news reader said they'd banned "a Christmas hymn" because it was part of the "rape culture". 8O

The radio station put up a poll and over 90% of respondents said it shouldn't be banned. So they put it back on air, because, you know, if enough people like it they'll play anything.

FTR - Sublime has the best date rape song. The rapist get's a perpetual dose of his own medicine when he lands in jail.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod
Posts: 13176
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm

FredS wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:22 pm
A local station banned it here to. The TV news reader said they'd banned "a Christmas hymn" because it was part of the "rape culture". 8O

The radio station put up a poll and over 90% of respondents said it shouldn't be banned. So they put it back on air, because, you know, if enough people like it they'll play anything.

FTR - Sublime has the best date rape song. The rapist get's a perpetual dose of his own medicine when he lands in jail.
Christmas hymn, huh?

I'm gonna try to squeeze that one in this week :lol:
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:44 pm

tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm
I'm gonna try to squeeze that one in this week :lol:
I think that's what got the male role of this song in hot water to begin with.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37646
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Del » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:16 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:07 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:06 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 pm
I told my daughter to walk away from any <expletive deleted> that had to beg and booze you for attention. If he gets between you and the door put a knee in his choons and leave him lay.

Otherwise I kind of dig the song, though I don't get it being a Christmas song, either.
+1
So bible colleges are that different, eh?
???
Booze and begging were part of courtship 20 years ago and pretty much ran both ways...I.e., the girl was just as likely to try to get you a little lit up if she liked you. But I didn’t go to a bible college. Maybe kids are different there?
I went to a Methodist college, first time around.

There was one time, a highly lit-up girl pinned me against a wall with both arms. Not as much fun as it sounds. A gracious escape was nigh impossible.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16910
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:44 pm
tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm
I'm gonna try to squeeze that one in this week :lol:
I think that's what got the male role of this song in hot water to begin with.
:oops:
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 19373
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by wosbald » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm

+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm
I went to a Methodist college, first time around.

There was one time, a highly lit-up girl pinned me against a wall with both arms. Not as much fun as it sounds. A gracious escape was nigh impossible.
Image
Temptation of Saint Thomas Aquinas by Francesco Gessi
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37646
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Del » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:16 pm

wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm
I went to a Methodist college, first time around.

There was one time, a highly lit-up girl pinned me against a wall with both arms. Not as much fun as it sounds. A gracious escape was nigh impossible.
Image
Temptation of Saint Thomas Aquinas by Francesco Gessi
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 19373
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by wosbald » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm

+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:16 pm
wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm
I went to a Methodist college, first time around.

There was one time, a highly lit-up girl pinned me against a wall with both arms. Not as much fun as it sounds. A gracious escape was nigh impossible.
Image
Temptation of Saint Thomas Aquinas by Francesco Gessi
I don't get it.
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37646
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Del » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm
+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:16 pm
wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 pm
I went to a Methodist college, first time around.

There was one time, a highly lit-up girl pinned me against a wall with both arms. Not as much fun as it sounds. A gracious escape was nigh impossible.
Image
Temptation of Saint Thomas Aquinas by Francesco Gessi
I don't get it.
I had to fix the link in order to see the picture.

Yeah.... It was kinda like that.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Winton » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

I just got back from smoking in the garage. I found it very cold.

Sorry, I don't recognize the song, but I don't think it involved smoking below freezing.

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 19373
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by wosbald » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm

+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm
I don't get it.
I had to fix the link in order to see the picture.
Yer not seein’ the pic? Weird. Shows for me.

I wonder if any others ain’t seein’ it.
"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37646
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Del » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm

wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm
+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm
I don't get it.
I had to fix the link in order to see the picture.
Yer not seein’ the pic? Weird. Shows for me.

I wonder if any others ain’t seein’ it.
I am often unable to see the pics you link to. I am browsing with Safari on a Mac.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Baby, It's Cold Outside

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm
wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm
+JMJ+
Del wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm
wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm
I don't get it.
I had to fix the link in order to see the picture.
Yer not seein’ the pic? Weird. Shows for me.

I wonder if any others ain’t seein’ it.
I am often unable to see the pics you link to. I am browsing with Safari on a Mac.
I see it. It looks like this:

Image
Temptation of Saint Thomas Aquinas by Francesco Gessi
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Post Reply