Las Vegas in my future

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23903
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Las Vegas in my future

Post by Hovannes » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Going to Vail to visit my son and Las Vegas is a good midway point to spend the night,
Only I don't like Las Vegas!
I could drive a little farther to Mesquite or a lot farther to St. George
Or a drive a little less to Whiskey Pete's on the CA/NV line.
But I really don't want to spend the night in Las Vegas.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 7608
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by Goose55 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:30 am

Hovannes wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 pm
Going to Vail to visit my son and Las Vegas is a good midway point to spend the night,
Only I don't like Las Vegas!
I could drive a little farther to Mesquite or a lot farther to St. George
Or a drive a little less to Whiskey Pete's on the CA/NV line.
But I really don't want to spend the night in Las Vegas.
I don't blame ya. It's a dark place.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21419
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by FredS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am

Safe travels.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6049
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by durangopipe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:17 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am
Safe travels.
Have you skied Vail before, HOV?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7856
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 am

I would stay in Vegas...just off the strip...The Golden Nugget has some good prices and its nice since the remodel several years ago.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23903
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by Hovannes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 am

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:17 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am
Safe travels.
Have you skied Vail before, HOV?
No I haven't, but probably not this trip as I've injured my leg somehow and have been limping around for the past month and finally got an MRI scheduled for tomorrow evening. I had to bail on my ski instructor gig because of it. I have skied Breckenridge though, about 30 years ago.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23903
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by Hovannes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 am
I would stay in Vegas...just off the strip...The Golden Nugget has some good prices and its nice since the remodel several years ago.
Thanks! I'll check it out.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3816
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:12 am

Hovannes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 am
I would stay in Vegas...just off the strip...The Golden Nugget has some good prices and its nice since the remodel several years ago.
Thanks! I'll check it out.
We stayed there for our honeymoon 13 years ago. Really liked the hotel. It was fun being in the old downtown area.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6049
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Las Vegas in my future

Post by durangopipe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am

Hovannes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 am
durangopipe wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:17 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am
Safe travels.
Have you skied Vail before, HOV?
No I haven't, but probably not this trip as I've injured my leg somehow and have been limping around for the past month and finally got an MRI scheduled for tomorrow evening. I had to bail on my ski instructor gig because of it. I have skied Breckenridge though, about 30 years ago.

Sorry to hear that, HOV.

Hope your leg is well enough to ski the backside bowls at Vail sometime this winter with your son.
Truly a wonder.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Post Reply