Wine conoisseurs

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38111
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Wine conoisseurs

Post by Del » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm
People who like astringency tend to favor....
- Black coffee - It's okay. I'll drink espresso black, but usually I add cream to regular coffee
- Dark Chocolate - yum
- Red wines - pretty good
- dark beer - yum
- Oriental pipe tobacco. - pretty good

People who don't like astringency tend to favor....
- Cream in coffee - yum
- Milk chocolate - it's okay
- White wines - pretty good
- light-colored beer - yum
Well, as they say..... there's no accounting for tastes.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17854
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Wine conoisseurs

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm
People who like astringency tend to favor....
- Black coffee - It's okay. I'll drink espresso black, but usually I add cream to regular coffee
- Dark Chocolate - yum
- Red wines - pretty good
- dark beer - yum
- Oriental pipe tobacco. - pretty good

People who don't like astringency tend to favor....
- Cream in coffee - yum
- Milk chocolate - it's okay
- White wines - pretty good
- light-colored beer - yum
Well, as they say..... there's no accounting for tastes.
What do you mean? He listed his tastes just fine!
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38111
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Wine conoisseurs

Post by Del » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:21 pm
Del wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm
People who like astringency tend to favor....
- Black coffee - It's okay. I'll drink espresso black, but usually I add cream to regular coffee
- Dark Chocolate - yum
- Red wines - pretty good
- dark beer - yum
- Oriental pipe tobacco. - pretty good

People who don't like astringency tend to favor....
- Cream in coffee - yum
- Milk chocolate - it's okay
- White wines - pretty good
- light-colored beer - yum
Well, as they say..... there's no accounting for tastes.
What do you mean? He listed his tastes just fine!
You're right. There's his accounting table of tastes.

I should have said, "De gustibus, non disputandum est."
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17854
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Wine conoisseurs

Post by hugodrax » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:21 pm
Del wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm
People who like astringency tend to favor....
- Black coffee - It's okay. I'll drink espresso black, but usually I add cream to regular coffee
- Dark Chocolate - yum
- Red wines - pretty good
- dark beer - yum
- Oriental pipe tobacco. - pretty good

People who don't like astringency tend to favor....
- Cream in coffee - yum
- Milk chocolate - it's okay
- White wines - pretty good
- light-colored beer - yum
Well, as they say..... there's no accounting for tastes.
What do you mean? He listed his tastes just fine!
You're right. There's his accounting table of tastes.

I should have said, "De gustibus, non disputandum est."
I always preferred it as you wrote it. More latiny.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

Post Reply