Family Christmas has begun

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Family Christmas has begun

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 am

Group texts between my siblings is going nuts. New proposed rules for the annual white elephant gift exchange. My younger brother whose wife passed away last August apparently has a girl friend he'd like to bring to the party, but he wants everyone's blessing first. My older brother sent me an old straight razor that he says Mom took away from a childhood friend of mine when we were kids, but somehow my brother ended up with it. I have no idea where that kid is now and I have no inclination to locate him in order to return a straight razor. My wife wants the razor out of the house, and says to throw it in the trash. Some good friends want my wife and I to join them on a holiday cruise, and my wife refuses but blamed it on me, and told them that I refuse to go. So now the two couples are on me to go, but I'm playing along with it, for my wife. Our anniversary is this Saturday and we had plans, but now the neighbors have scheduled a block party for this Sat night. There's more but I'll stop. My phone battery is reaching it's end.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: Family Christmas has begun

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 am
Group texts between my siblings is going nuts. New proposed rules for the annual white elephant gift exchange. My younger brother whose wife passed away last August apparently has a girl friend he'd like to bring to the party, but he wants everyone's blessing first. My older brother sent me an old straight razor that he says Mom took away from a childhood friend of mine when we were kids, but somehow my brother ended up with it. I have no idea where that kid is now and I have no inclination to locate him in order to return a straight razor. My wife wants the razor out of the house, and says to throw it in the trash. Some good friends want my wife and I to join them on a holiday cruise, and my wife refuses but blamed it on me, and told them that I refuse to go. So now the two couples are on me to go, but I'm playing along with it, for my wife. Our anniversary is this Saturday and we had plans, but now the neighbors have scheduled a block party for this Sat night. There's more but I'll stop. My phone battery is reaching it's end.
WOW...that's a lot of stuff. As to the razor, if its in decent shape, they bring a little $$ on line. I have one that I cleaned up and I use it to cut plug tobacco for my pipe. Hang tuff, it can be a crazy season and if it gets too crazy go hunting :)
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:59 am

sweetandsour. Party Animal.
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 am
My younger brother whose wife passed away last August apparently has a girl friend he'd like to bring to the party, but he wants everyone's blessing first.
I hate to be a gossip, but I kinda want to know how this ends.

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:22 pm

"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm

I krampused my kids but good today. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:41 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm
I krampused my kids but good today. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I love the word Krampus. I almost bought a Surly mountain bike named that.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.