Hey guys, so sorry I disappeared again (edit most of original post was cut off)

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
revspipes
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Hey guys, so sorry I disappeared again (edit most of original post was cut off)

Post by revspipes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Hey friends last time I talk to you I had a lot going on and all of that happened. On December 3 I had back surgery because of the situation and the fact that I am an athlete they decided the best course of action for L5 S one joint was to go in through the front. This meant they made an a hey friends last time I talk to you I had a lot going on and all of that happened. On December 3 I had back surgery because of the situation and the fact that I’m an athlete they decided the best course of action for L5 S one joint was to go in through the front. This meant they made and the incision across my abdomen they moved all of my guts out of the way they spread my spine and they put a titanium spacer in between the two vertebrae. In the back of the abdomen one on each side there are two extremely large blood vessels after putting the titanium spacer in one of those blood vessels gotten nicked. They couldn’t finish the the surgery as it took 45 minutes to stop the bleeding and my life was in danger. Then I had to stay another five days and get surgery for L4-L5 then.

Having come so close to dying made me a bit philosophical. I want to get back to doing the things that give me life. Especially making pipes again. It is gonna take a while as I am going to be recovering and in pain for a long while. I also lost over $2,000 in briar to wood boring beetles. I hope some of you may be interested in that.

I am a lot different than most of you here, and my theology and politics make many of you here angry. However you have always cared for me, and been supportive.

I am also starting a church soon, more like a normal church than any I have done in the last 30 years.

May the creator, the great liberator and the lover of all bless you with creativity, abundant freedom and a growing love for all especially the least of these in the name of Jesus the Christ amen.

John
Last edited by revspipes on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Re: Hey guys, so sorry I disappeared again

Post by hugodrax » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:25 pm

revspipes wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 pm
Hey friends last time I talk to you I had a lot going on and all of that happened. On December 3 I had back surgery because of the situation and the fact that I am an athlete they decided the best course of action for L5 S one joint was to go in through the front. This meant they made an a hey friends last time I talk to you I had a lot going on and all of that happened. On December 3 I had back surgery because of the situation and the fact that I’m an athlete they decided the best course of action for L5 S one joint was to go in through the front. This meant they made and the incision across my abdomen they moved all of my guts out of the way they spread my spine and they put a titanium spacer in between the two vertebrae. In the back of the abdomen one on each side there are two extremely large blood vessels after putting the titanium spacer in one of those blood vessels gotten nicked.
Oof. Praying, brother. I think we all have been.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Still praying, rev.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:34 pm
Still praying, rev.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm

:prayin:
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Praying for you Rev.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Praying
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:19 pm

+JMJ+
coco wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:09 pm
Praying

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 pm

wosbald wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:19 pm
+JMJ+
coco wrote:
Praying
Prayers for healing, and recovery. Or vice-versa perhaps.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:05 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:19 pm
+JMJ+
coco wrote:
Praying
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:37 am

coco wrote:
Praying
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Re: Hey guys, so sorry I disappeared again (edit most of original post was cut off)

Post by JudgeRusty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 am

Thanks for the update.
Prayers.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Re: Hey guys, so sorry I disappeared again (edit most of original post was cut off)

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:49 am

I’m glad you’re back, rev. I’m sorry to hear about all the trouble. I pray things continue to get better and that your recovery is not too arduous.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:26 pm

It's great hearing from you, John. I've always appreciated your unique perspectives. Sorry to hear about your back troubles. I'll pray you have a speedy recovery and can get back to the martial arts you so love. I'm glad to hear that you're planning on getting back into making pipes as well. It would be great to see you again and hang out perhaps at a future pipe show if that ever gets put into the works. I enjoyed hanging out with you a few years ago. I don't care what Quincy "Danger" Worthington says, I think your an alright guy. :lol: (PS. you come up in conversation every now and then between Quincy and I; always in a positive manner.)
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 pm

His will be done, Amen.

edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:13 pm

I miss revspipes. Has anyone heard from him?
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Oof! I missed this thread last year.

I got to meet revspipes at Chicago a few years ago. Wonderful fellow, as you can all expect.

In real life -- he just might be the gentlest scary guy that I've ever met. Or the scariest gentle guy that I've ever met. Kind of what I image meeting Jesus might have felt like.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm

I miss revspipes. Has anyone heard from him?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

revspipes
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by revspipes » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:17 pm

I have!

It’s been a hard year. Lost my mma gym because of CoVid. Raquels employer sold the property and she is losing her job. The good news is I am making pipes again and she starts her new job on the 15th of April, as well as getting a very generous severance package. I am also not in pain everyday. Wrestling with 20 somethings daily was apparently hard on my body... who knew?