The Mayo Clinic Diet. Anyone Try It?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

The Mayo Clinic Diet. Anyone Try It?

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:01 am

I was looking into The Mayo Clinic Diet today and am wondering if anyone has any experience with it. They charge for it. Not much. $65 a quarter ($5 a week), but it would be worth it if it were especially effective.

Anyone has anything to say about The Mayo Clinic Diet.....?

http://diet.mayoclinic.org/diet/how-it-works
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

cpd2186
Congregation
Congregation

Re: The Mayo Clinic Diet. Anyone Try It?

Post by cpd2186 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:48 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:01 am
I was looking into The Mayo Clinic Diet today and am wondering if anyone has any experience with it. They charge for it. Not much. $65 a quarter ($5 a week), but it would be worth it if it were especially effective.

Anyone has anything to say about The Mayo Clinic Diet.....?

http://diet.mayoclinic.org/diet/how-it-works
I was curious if that included food. At that price you know you would be getting great advice on what to eat. Just like any diet, you have to find what works for you. I have been doing this insane (dumb) diet, The Carnivore Diet, for about 6 months. It is a strictly protein, eat steak or hamburger 4 times a day (eggs for breakfast), everyday. On Saturday I do give myself a free meal. I eat half of a large pizza at our favorite Italian restaurant, then go straight to DQ and get a medium Oreo Blizzard and a large Chocolate Shake! When you cut sugar from your diet, that DQ is such a rush, its incredible!

I am down 40 lbs of fat and never out of energy. But I have friends that this diet doesnt work for, it just depends on your system.

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 pm

No, it requires too many vegetables. :barf2:
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 am

I can't imagine a diet of mayonnaise would be very effective :rotfl:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."