Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38401
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Del » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm

I'm giving half-hearted attention to the game.

In Wisconsin, we reckon this is a contest between "A team that shouldn't be the Patriots versus a team that should be the Saints."

Right now, the half-time show features three bands that I've never heard of, and I wished it'd stayed that way.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16359
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by gaining_age » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm
I'm giving half-hearted attention to the game.

In Wisconsin, we reckon this is a contest between "A team that shouldn't be the Patriots versus a team that should be the Saints."

Right now, the half-time show features three bands that I've never heard of, and I wished it'd stayed that way.
Audio keeps cutting out on the halftime music... what's up with that? 8O
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38401
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Del » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:27 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:14 pm
Del wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm
I'm giving half-hearted attention to the game.

In Wisconsin, we reckon this is a contest between "A team that shouldn't be the Patriots versus a team that should be the Saints."

Right now, the half-time show features three bands that I've never heard of, and I wished it'd stayed that way.
Audio keeps cutting out on the halftime music... what's up with that? 8O
Don't want to broadcast all dem durty words, I guess.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29247
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by coco » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm
I'm giving half-hearted attention to the game.
This.
Del wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm
Right now, the half-time show features three bands that I've never heard of, and I wished it'd stayed that way.
I'm just glad the Maroon 5 guy ended the strip show before taking off his pants.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38401
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Del » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Just three of us at home: Myself, Mrs. Del, and Pipeson.

Super Bowl Feast:

Mrs. Del fried some wings topped with home-made buffalo sauce.

Pipeson fixed up some bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers.

I've simmering some potato soup in the crockpot.

Pipeson is blowing cigar smoke up the chimney. I'm gonna go join him....
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8656
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Goose55 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:57 pm

No.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Is that this weekend?
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28435
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:06 pm

I am not. Thank you for asking.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1596
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Warrensburg MO
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by mustangii » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:16 pm

nope

edm
In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28435
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:18 pm

coco post wrote: ... I'm just glad the Maroon 5 guy ended the strip show before taking off his pants.
8O

I am oh so very glad my TV is not tuned to the Superbowl. My gladness continues to overflow as I also have no clue what Maroon 5 guy looks like.

For those of you unfortunate enough to know just enough about Maroon 5 guy to visualize a no pants version of the Maroon 5 guy; I bid thee a fine evening.

'tis said a thing seen cannot be unseen, even if but imagined.

Do you think that's true?
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38401
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Del » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:18 pm
coco post wrote: ... I'm just glad the Maroon 5 guy ended the strip show before taking off his pants.
8O

I am oh so very glad my TV is not tuned to the Superbowl. My gladness continues to overflow as I also have no clue what Maroon 5 guy looks like.

For those of you unfortunate enough to know just enough about Maroon 5 guy to visualize a no pants version of the Maroon 5 guy; I bid thee a fine evening.

'tis said a thing seen cannot be unseen, even if but imagined.

Do you think that's true?
Once you've thinked it, you can't unthink it.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11724
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Gabriel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:24 pm

Watching it here as a family. My children did not approve of the Maroon 5 guy and did t believe the rappers were for real...
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11724
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Gabriel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:25 pm

So far the most dramatic plays have been a 53 yard field goal and 65 yard punt.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22987
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by JimVH » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm

We've been binge watching netflix and cleaning guns with a couple of grandsons. They just left smelling of Hoppes No. 9.








I win.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28435
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:33 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm
We've been binge watching netflix and cleaning guns with a couple of grandsons. They just left smelling of Hoppes No. 9.








I win.
Indeed. You win.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 6236
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by JudgeRusty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 pm

Goff late on every throw all night. Super bow jitters freeze up
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17835
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 pm

Bad game. Bad halftime show (much love to Big Boi). Bad result.

Chiefs vs. Saints would have been the better game. But such is life.

The Saints were ROBBED!

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 10301
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:31 pm
Bad game. Bad halftime show (much love to Big Boi). Bad result.

Chiefs vs. Saints would have been the better game. But such is life.

The Saints were ROBBED!
Damn! I agree.

We went to the party next door. Plenty food, drinks, and a blueberry cream cheese Mardi gras king cake, and the back porch smoking area, made the whole thing half way tolerable.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3655
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:43 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:33 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm
We've been binge watching netflix and cleaning guns with a couple of grandsons. They just left smelling of Hoppes No. 9.








I win.
Indeed. You win.
Agreed. Jim, you are most certainly the winner.

We were binge-watching Home Improvement, then I went to work.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8583
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am

I watched...for the commercials...that too was a waste of time. I should have gone downstairs and cleaned guns. Jim you are wise beyond your years.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply