Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:34 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm
Also, I understand it's popular for sheeple to hate the Patriots. But those who prefer not to follow whatever everyone else says is popular should realize exactly what we're seeing here. The greatest coach and the greatest quarterback ever. Remember Micheal Jordon? I don't even like pro basketball but watching him play was something special because he was just so much better than everyone else. Like Richard Petty in his heyday. Like Ronald Reagan. Like Bo Jackson. We should appreciate it when we see it.
Quite. I cant stand the Beatles, either, yet recognize the influence of their music. The fact Belichik needs a delousing and a good tailor and Brady needs slapped until he stops crying doesnt in any way detract from the fact that it's a winning combination.

That said, anytime I've ever read the term "sheeple," I've assumed certain things about the person. I've never heard it spoken, thankfully. It's like a corncob pipe, Fred. As a matter of fact, if you had a corncob pipe and talked about sheeple and told them all a good hot rodding story, well, you could run for governor of Tennessee and stand a good chance of winning. :lol:
Well bless your heart.
You got a good pair of boots? You're practically a shoe-in.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Jester wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:02 pm
Jester wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 am
The best part of the game was the FredS pipe. Not sure what local shop he got that aromatic at but I wouldn't complain if he sent more. You could see the coveting on Tuttle's face as I puffed it.
The tobacco came from the Cigar Merchant in Blue Springs. They call it Susserwald, German for sweet forest I think. Hop on 7 and drive straight north. They're just south of I-70.
Woohoo! I was thinking it was local to your new location. Cigar merchant is only an 30 minute drive for me.
Well, when you go, pick up an extra oz or two for me.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:06 pm

FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
The best part of the game was the FredS pipe. Not sure what local shop he got that aromatic at but I wouldn't complain if he sent more. You could see the coveting on Tuttle's face as I puffed it.
The tobacco came from the Cigar Merchant in Blue Springs. They call it Susserwald, German for sweet forest I think. Hop on 7 and drive straight north. They're just south of I-70.

As for the rest of you commie bastards, how can you not watch the super bowl? Sure, it played out more like an MLB game than an NBA game, but if you appreciate football you should have enjoyed it. Very skilled play and coaching is appreciated by the thinking man.

Regarding the commercials, regrettably, my favorite was by Kia. I hate Kia.
I stop by there from time to time on my way home from work.
edm
In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:48 pm

mustangii wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:06 pm
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
There used be a tatted up young guy in there. Nice kid. Knows his stuff. I bought a pound of Susserwald before I moved. It's my favorite tobacco ever and I wish I'd bought more. I'll stop by there next time I'm in town. It's what I give to new pipe smokers because it smells like the stuff everyone's grandfather used to smoke.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:48 pm
mustangii wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
There used be a tatted up young guy in there. Nice kid. Knows his stuff. I bought a pound of Susserwald before I moved. It's my favorite tobacco ever and I wish I'd bought more. I'll stop by there next time I'm in town. It's what I give to new pipe smokers because it smells like the stuff everyone's grandfather used to smoke.
Wait a minute. Is this the shop where you and I and Zed went for a smoke? I hear they have a pretty mean blueberry tobacco there too.

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:55 pm
FredS wrote:
mustangii wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
Wait a minute. Is this the shop where you and I and Zed went for a smoke? I hear they have a pretty mean blueberry tobacco there too.
Different place.

The tatted guy there talked me into trying Devils Holiday once. They carry it in bulk. S'posed to taste like swizlers and I like swizlers. Guess what? It doesn't taste like swizlers any more than that blueberry tobacco tasted like blueberries.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:10 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
FredS wrote:
mustangii wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
Different place.

The tatted guy there talked me into trying Devils Holiday once. They carry it in bulk. S'posed to taste like swizlers and I like swizlers. Guess what? It doesn't taste like swizlers any more than that blueberry tobacco tasted like blueberries.
Not swizzlers, but I really think Captain Black cherry tastes like Twizzlers and Grape tastes like Nehi soda.

If this is as useless as I think it is, I apologize.

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Is this becoming the supper bowl thread?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:40 pm
FredS wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
FredS wrote:
mustangii wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
Different place.

Not swizzlers, but I really think Captain Black cherry tastes like Twizzlers and Grape tastes like Nehi soda.

Where the hell did swizlers come from?

This is what happens when I don't remember if I took my medicine so I take it again. Four times.

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:11 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm
hugodrax wrote:
FredS wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
FredS wrote:
mustangii wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
Different place.

This is what happens when I don't remember if I took my medicine so I take it again. Four times.
Just stay away from the Bit-O-Honey and root beer barrels. That's the old folks candy.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:13 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:11 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm
hugodrax wrote:
FredS wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
FredS wrote:
mustangii wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
edm
Different place.

Just stay away from the Bit-O-Honey and root beer barrels. That's the old folks candy.
Y'all are talking about the black licorice twizzlers? No, the cherry. Otherwise you'd be referring to Mix #79, which I plan to re-visit one day.
Whatever, I'm wanting to try some of this Susserwald.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:12 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:13 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Tom Brady may have six rings and a smokin' hot wife but he goddamned well doesn't have a FES pipe.
Yes, his tastes in certain matters are impeccable.
Can't imagine Brady smoking a pipe...if he did it would likely be one of those Bentley or Porsche pipes
Apparently Robert Kraft cracked open a box of 50 year-old cigars for the team in the locker room.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:12 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:13 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Tom Brady may have six rings and a smokin' hot wife but he goddamned well doesn't have a FES pipe.
Yes, his tastes in certain matters are impeccable.
Can't imagine Brady smoking a pipe...if he did it would likely be one of those Bentley or Porsche pipes
Apparently Robert Kraft cracked open a box of 50 year-old cigars for the team in the locker room.
We all likely should go to the confession thread, and admit our envy of Brady.