Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Re: Anybody Watching the Super Bowl?

Post by tuttle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 am

More like Super Bore, amiright!?

But it served as an excuse to get together to eat some really good food (bacon wrapped everything!), smoke some pipes (Jester has a niiiice FredS churchwarden), and b**** about how things might've been had it been Chiefs v Saints. :bacon:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:38 am
I watched...for the commercials...that too was a waste of time. I should have gone downstairs and cleaned guns. Jim you are wise beyond your years.
Yeah the food was good, the commercials not so much, and a marching band would have made a much better half time show,
OTOH Gladys Knight sang a beautiful national anthem.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 am

At least the game wasn't a blow out.
I'm not sure what it was, but at least it wasn't a blow out.
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 am

I don't watch any Patriot's games. Because of them and Tom Brady, I can no longer tell my kids that cheaters never win.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:49 am

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 am
I don't watch any Patriot's games. Because of them and Tom Brady, I can no longer tell my kids that cheaters never win.
Yes, up until that exact moment in time, the world had always been a fair place.

I know you’re kidding, but wooo...Besides, if you don’t watch tv with them, there’s a chance they might not know everything is racist. Can you afford to take that chance? :lol:
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

Jester
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Jester » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 am

The best part of the game was the FredS pipe. Not sure what local shop he got that aromatic at but I wouldn't complain if he sent more. You could see the coveting on Tuttle's face as I puffed it.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 am

New Orleans Boycott Bowl ...

. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:23 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 am
New Orleans Boycott Bowl ...

Gotta love New Orleans Saints fans. They used to "boycott" Saints games with sellout crowds wearing paper sacks over their heads so they wouldn't be recognized.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Jester wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:04 am
The best part of the game was the FredS pipe. Not sure what local shop he got that aromatic at but I wouldn't complain if he sent more. You could see the coveting on Tuttle's face as I puffed it.
The tobacco came from the Cigar Merchant in Blue Springs. They call it Susserwald, German for sweet forest I think. Hop on 7 and drive straight north. They're just south of I-70.

As for the rest of you commie bastards, how can you not watch the super bowl? Sure, it played out more like an MLB game than an NBA game, but if you appreciate football you should have enjoyed it. Very skilled play and coaching is appreciated by the thinking man.

Regarding the commercials, regrettably, my favorite was by Kia. I hate Kia.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Also, I understand it's popular for sheeple to hate the Patriots. But those who prefer not to follow whatever everyone else says is popular should realize exactly what we're seeing here. The greatest coach and the greatest quarterback ever. Remember Micheal Jordon? I don't even like pro basketball but watching him play was something special because he was just so much better than everyone else. Like Richard Petty in his heyday. Like Ronald Reagan. Like Bo Jackson. We should appreciate it when we see it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jester
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Jester » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:02 pm
Jester wrote:
The tobacco came from the Cigar Merchant in Blue Springs. They call it Susserwald, German for sweet forest I think. Hop on 7 and drive straight north. They're just south of I-70.
Woohoo! I was thinking it was local to your new location. Cigar merchant is only an 30 minute drive for me.

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Jester wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 pm
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
Woohoo! I was thinking it was local to your new location. Cigar merchant is only an 30 minute drive for me.
We are needing to see pics of this now famous FredS pipe
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Jester
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Jester » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:20 pm
Jester wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:15 pm
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:
We are needing to see pics of this now famous FredS pipe

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 pm

I see now why Tuttle was envious...I am a little envious too!
Scott ( aka - Thor )

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm

Tom Brady may have six rings and a smokin' hot wife but he goddamned well doesn't have a FES pipe.

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm
Also, I understand it's popular for sheeple to hate the Patriots. But those who prefer not to follow whatever everyone else says is popular should realize exactly what we're seeing here. The greatest coach and the greatest quarterback ever. Remember Micheal Jordon? I don't even like pro basketball but watching him play was something special because he was just so much better than everyone else. Like Richard Petty in his heyday. Like Ronald Reagan. Like Bo Jackson. We should appreciate it when we see it.
Quite. I cant stand the Beatles, either, yet recognize the influence of their music. The fact Belichik needs a delousing and a good tailor and Brady needs slapped until he stops crying doesnt in any way detract from the fact that it's a winning combination.

That said, anytime I've ever read the term "sheeple," I've assumed certain things about the person. I've never heard it spoken, thankfully. It's like a corncob pipe, Fred. As a matter of fact, if you had a corncob pipe and talked about sheeple and told them all a good hot rodding story, well, you could run for governor of Tennessee and stand a good chance of winning. :lol:

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Tom Brady may have six rings and a smokin' hot wife but he goddamned well doesn't have a FES pipe.
Yes, his tastes in certain matters are impeccable.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:09 pm

I did not watch any of it because I do not have cable. I also would not have watched it if I did have cable. Sports are lame without some dough riding on them.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:13 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:04 pm
Yes, his tastes in certain matters are impeccable.
Can't imagine Brady smoking a pipe...if he did it would likely be one of those Bentley or Porsche pipes
Scott ( aka - Thor )

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm
Quite. I cant stand the Beatles, either, yet recognize the influence of their music. The fact Belichik needs a delousing and a good tailor and Brady needs slapped until he stops crying doesnt in any way detract from the fact that it's a winning combination.

That said, anytime I've ever read the term "sheeple," I've assumed certain things about the person. I've never heard it spoken, thankfully. It's like a corncob pipe, Fred. As a matter of fact, if you had a corncob pipe and talked about sheeple and told them all a good hot rodding story, well, you could run for governor of Tennessee and stand a good chance of winning. :lol:
Well bless your heart.