Prayer Walks

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Prayer Walks

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:39 pm

I take a walk every day up to Sally's Store (actually Sally sold it but everybody still calls it Sally's) it's almost 3 miles round trip and it's a very quiet country road with lots of wildlife, mostly birds (cool birds like crows, chickadees, Great Blue Herons, hawks, pileated woodpeckers and once a pair of Bald Eagles) to look at, woods complete with lots of trees and it is very peaceful. It takes me about an hour and I have done the whole walk with no cars driving by but usually two or three of my neighbors drive by and wave.

Anyway, I like to pray when I am walking. Outloud praying I mean. I ask the Lord to walk with me and speak to me. I have never heard His booming voice but thoughts do pop into my head from time to time (for example, "stop looking at the woods and look into them"). I found that this is a really good way for me to pray and be with the Lord. I do not smoke a pipe though. I save that for when I get home and are greeted by my two ecstatic dogs who are relieved that I wasn't murdered on the road by highwaymen.

Walk, prayer, dog greetings and a bowl of good burley on the porch is a good thing in my opinions. I also pray at other times but I really love my prayer walks. End of post.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Re: Prayer Walks

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Very nice testimony.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 pm

Great post. I don't cover near the mileage as you, but walking/standing around with my dog is where I often find my most meaningful prayer time.

It's also likely why many of my neighbors think I'm a coconut.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 am

:D :D :D
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:47 am

JimVH wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 pm
Great post. I don't cover near the mileage as you, but walking/standing around with my dog is where I often find my most meaningful prayer time.

Dogs are great to pray around because generally they just listen to you and don't interrupt. Who knows, they may be praying too. I have two house beasts. They don't really do anything except eat, sleep and bark at the UPS truck when it drives by. Dogs are awesome. I always have heard that if you want to know who loves you the most, your wife or your dog, lock them both in the trunk and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out.

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:14 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:47 am
JimVH wrote:

Dogs are great to pray around because generally they just listen to you and don't interrupt. Who knows, they may be praying too. I have two house beasts. They don't really do anything except eat, sleep and bark at the UPS truck when it drives by. Dogs are awesome. I always have heard that if you want to know who loves you the most, your wife or your dog, lock them both in the trunk and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out.

Here's one of our better threads you might enjoy:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40218&hilit=Beast

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:51 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:14 am
Stanley76 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:47 am
JimVH wrote:

Here's one of our better threads you might enjoy:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40218&hilit=Beast
Thanks. I checked it out and you were right I did enjoy it. And I posted a comment there.