Walk it off

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose

Walk it off

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:05 pm

Y'all already know I like to walk everyday. That's when I really get into some serious praying. But it also has some other benefits too. Last year I was doing pretty crummy. Got WAY fat, diabetic, high blood pressure etc., the usual for a 64 year old guy. Anyway, I ended up having two CAT scans which found nothing and a colonoscopy which I despise. That was good too and I'm free and clear for ten years. In October I started eating right, cut out salt and walking every day. I had my check up last week and my doctor actually praised me for a change. I had dropped 20 lbs, my blood pressure was in the OK range without meds, my blood sugar level was fine and I'm only pre-diabetic now. Everything was great. The one thing he kept telling me was "Keep walking, do not stop walking". Turns out that just walking (and I amble more than walk) really helps out. It's also a great time to pray and when you get home you can kick back and smoke a bowl of Haunted Bookshop or something. I knew walking was good for me, but I never realized how just strolling for an hour a day can keep me healthy. I'm not qualified to give advice but all I can say is it helps me out a lot. The end.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip

Re: Walk it off

Post by DAN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 pm

A daily constitutional used to be normal. In the day of the automobile and those wheelie things, not so much.
If the American people ever really understand the Left, they'll boil them in oil.

If Mexican immigrants mostly voted Republican, Democrats would have already built a wall you could see from space.

"Democrats don’t care about black people, we’re just pawns in a game for them to gain political power for themselves.”"--Candace Owens