Its that time of year again...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Its that time of year again...

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am

This was posted on the bulletin board at work:

Last year I "got clean" and have remained so for almost 12 months. Then yesterday my dealer knocked on my door...

Well played G.S.A. well played

Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Its that time of year again...

Post by JimVH » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am

A neighbor kid with that same grin got me for ten boxes. I think they teach that look.

I'm not answering the door again until this is over.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:36 am
This was posted on the bulletin board at work:

Last year I "got clean" and have remained so for almost 12 months. Then yesterday my dealer knocked on my door...

Well played G.S.A. well played

I easily get out of buying GSA cookies by simply telling the hopeful seller this: "I am not allowed to buy your cookies because I am not smart enough to understand the Byzantine politics behind which family friend or relative we are supporting this week."
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Adam Z
Elder
Elder

Post by Adam Z » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 am

UncleBob wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 am

I easily get out of buying GSA cookies by simply telling the hopeful seller this: "I am not allowed to buy your cookies because I am not smart enough to understand the Byzantine politics behind which family friend or relative we are supporting this week."
Sometimes people buy the cookies because they enjoy eating them.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:40 am

Adam Z wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 am
UncleBob wrote:

Really? I used to like Thin Mints and I seem to remember that the Lemon cookies were alright but, all things being equal, I'd rather buy a cookie at a bakery if I went on solely flavor.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Adam Z
Elder
Elder

Post by Adam Z » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am

UncleBob wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:40 am
Adam Z wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 am
UncleBob wrote:

Really? I used to like Thin Mints and I seem to remember that the Lemon cookies were alright but, all things being equal, I'd rather buy a cookie at a bakery if I went on solely flavor.
The convenience factor plays a part as well. The bakery doesn't knock on your door, or stake out the entrance to the grocery store where you shop like GSA does. Kinda like the pizza business - prior to the advent of services like DoorDash & UberEATS, the best pizzas that money can buy usually come from specialty shops that don't deliver. Since people like convenience, they settle for something that isn't as good but is more convenient - that's why most of the pizzas consumed in America come from national chains.

Back to cookies - I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I can destroy a box of samoas (or whatever the PC name is for them now - I don't remember what the new name is).

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Mrs FredS and I earlier this week:

"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:30 pm

I want some of those PB now! One of the attorney's in my unit has a GS and she came in 2 days ago with a loaded down wagon. I avoided her. I hear that GS Cookies are NOT carb free.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:30 pm
I want some of those PB now! One of the attorney's in my unit has a GS and she came in 2 days ago with a loaded down wagon. I avoided her. I hear that GS Cookies are NOT carb free.
Ha, yep.

Everyone in the office where I worked would buy a box or two of various flavors, and put them in the coffee room. The coffee room would end up having a pretty wide assortment for everyone's sampling pleasure.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)