Ajo's Desert Senita Community Health Center renovation and expansion

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Ajo's Desert Senita Community Health Center renovation and expansion

Post by Goose55 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Ajo's Desert Senita Community Health Center renovation and expansion is just about complete now. They will now also offer many specialties that before they could not. Not sure how many millions it cost, but a lot. All for a summertime community of only 3500 people, 85 miles from the nearest major medical facility. Now, that's nice progress.

Before:

After:
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Ajo's Desert Senita Community Health Center renovation and expansion

Post by durangopipe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 am

I know how important those clinics are in small towns, Goose
When I lived in Silverton there was no clinic and no doctor.

The nearest hospital was in Durango, 50 miles and two mountain passes away - and the passes often closed during big snow storms. Heaven help you if you had an emergency medical situation in the winter.

Now, they too, have a nice clinic several EMTs and full time RN on duty.

I know the RN well - old friend. Her father, Doc MacKenzie, was the last doctor to live and work in Silverton (back in the 50s and 60s), until he died in a bush airplane crash while hunting in Alaska.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Re: Ajo's Desert Senita Community Health Center renovation and expansion

Post by Goose55 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 am
I know how important those clinics are in small towns, Goose
When I lived in Silverton there was no clinic and no doctor.

The nearest hospital was in Durango, 50 miles and two mountain passes away - and the passes often closed during big snow storms. Heaven help you if you had an emergency medical situation in the winter.

Now, they too, have a nice clinic several EMTs and full time RN on duty.

I know the RN well - old friend. Her father, Doc MacKenzie, was the last doctor to live and work in Silverton (back in the 50s and 60s), until he died in a bush airplane crash while hunting in Alaska.
One of the specialties we've not had is Physical Therapy but now a full-time PT will be available
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis