Sandwich Spreaders

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

Sammich Spreader

Y
No votes
N
46%
M/U
15%
A_Morley in sammich making mode
38%

Total votes: 13

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Re: Sandwich Spreaders

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:35 am

Fainn wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:49 am
Its amazing how much Goose and Jocose are alike.

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:03 am
Of all the inane threads...

Believe me, I have to dig deep to bring threads like this...
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

FredS wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:58 am
JimVH wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:24 am
So where do you spreader folks stand on the spreader/knife hybrids that have a cutting edge on one side? It seems like an unnecessary safety risk to me. I mean you could really get hurt licking the crumbs off before putting it back in the mayo.
You're doing it wrong. If you lick with the grain you can lick the sharpest knife in the drawer and not be injured.
+1

I do this regularly. Pro tip: don’t attempt while drunk.

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
So where do you spreader folks stand on the spreader/knife hybrids that have a cutting edge on one side? It seems like an unnecessary safety risk to me. I mean you could really get hurt licking the crumbs off before putting it back in the mayo.
You're doing it wrong. If you lick with the grain you can lick the sharpest knife in the drawer and not be injured.
+1

Of all the inane pro tips...
“Gnomies are my homies...” hugodrax

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:53 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:41 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

You say in-AY-no, I say in-AH-no...

Think about it: how many times have you wanted a sandwich at the end of a night of drinking? You plunge the knife way down into the mayonnaise jar, getting even the handle saucy. You have more than enough mayonnaise on your sandwich, you know you can’t spread mayonnaise where mayonnaise already lies spread, and you love mayonnaise, so you can’t just toss that saucy knife in the sink. What do you do? Get to lickin’. You have to be careful in that situation and know your bounds.

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:12 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:53 am
JimVH wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

Think about it: how many times have you wanted a sandwich at the end of a night of drinking? You plunge the knife way down into the mayonnaise jar, getting even the handle saucy. You have more than enough mayonnaise on your sandwich, you know you can’t spread mayonnaise where mayonnaise already lies spread, and you love mayonnaise, so you can’t just toss that saucy knife in the sink. What do you do? Get to lickin’. You have to be careful in that situation and know your bounds.
Mayonnaise? All the tailors in the world couldn't make a gentleman of you, "sir."
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:33 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:21 am
I assume Coco is working on premium leather belt spreader scabbards.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
++
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:21 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
JimVH wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

I know that feel. The struggle is real, bruh.
“Gnomies are my homies...” hugodrax

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:04 pm

The only time I can see mayonnaise being even considered is as a structural component in say, tuna salad or as an element in 1,000 island dressing/Secret sauce, neither of which can be efficiently applied with a spreader (well, maybe Secret sauce, but considering that the stuff needs to be stirred in the first place, why dirty and then have to wash another implement?)
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:04 pm
The only time I can see mayonnaise being even considered is as a structural component in say, tuna salad or as an element in 1,000 island dressing/Secret sauce, neither of which can be efficiently applied with a spreader (well, maybe Secret sauce, but considering that the stuff needs to be stirred in the first place, why dirty and then have to wash another implement?)
You tell em, Hov. You are my kind of weird.

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:03 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:12 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
JimVH wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

Mayonnaise? All the tailors in the world couldn't make a gentleman of you, "sir."
And what do you use? Aioli???

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Hovannes wrote:
A sandwich spreader can both stir and scoop, provided it is of sufficient width.

Mayonnaise is the supreme sauce.

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:03 pm
hugodrax wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
JimVH wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

An excellent question. Mustard or oil and vinegar. Mayonnaise is the great satan.

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:15 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
JimVH wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

An excellent question. Mustard or oil and vinegar. Mayonnaise is the great satan.
Have fun getting sauce all over your suit, you dingbat. Maybe you’ll learn someday.

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:17 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:15 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
JimVH wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
FredS wrote:
JimVH wrote:
+1

Have fun getting sauce all over your suit, you dingbat. Maybe you’ll learn someday.
Sandwiches do not figure on the luncheon menu during the working week. Maybe I have learned. :lol:

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip

Post by DAN » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:22 pm

What in sam hill is wrong with mayo? Tastes good to me.
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:25 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:08 pm
Hovannes wrote:
A sandwich spreader can both stir and scoop, provided it is of sufficient width.

Mayonnaise is the supreme sauce.
+ 6.7
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip

Post by DAN » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:31 pm

I can't believe I just went to Amazon and Youtube over this. Are you telling me this is a big deal?

I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:31 pm

DAN wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:22 pm
What in sam hill is wrong with mayo? Tastes good to me.
Running joke. I mean, I really dislike it, but I don't understand why that would stop anyone else.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:33 pm

I'm thinking we need an updated poll.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:33 pm
I'm thinking we need an updated poll.
Requests?