MLB 2019

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Re: MLB 2019

Post by tuttle » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 am

Royals For Sale

News broke about this last evening. The above link summarizes pretty well. Looks like a deal is all but done. New potential owner is a KC guy who is currently a minor owner with the Cleveland Indians.

This is pretty exciting for a KC fan.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:50 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 am
Royals For Sale

News broke about this last evening. The above link summarizes pretty well. Looks like a deal is all but done. New potential owner is a KC guy who is currently a minor owner with the Cleveland Indians.

This is pretty exciting for a KC fan.
Wow. $1,000,000,000 for a MLB team. Article said Glass purchased the Royals for 96 million in 2000, so he pockets $900,000,000 ?? 8O
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 am

Rockies are for sale - $12.99, but I hear Monfort may be willing to take less.

They snapped a 9 game losing streak last night. Playoffs here we ...
Oh wait. They’ve been long since eliminated.

This is starting to remind me of the 60s when my brother and I were Mets fans.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:05 am

Read that Johnny Cueto, in his 1st game back with San Francisco after undergoing Tommy John surgery on his elbow went 5 shut out innings last night only allowing 1 hit. He was rockin' and shimmy shakin' all along. Punctuated by an occasional "quick pitch," to mess up the batters timing. I was going to watch some of the game but with the G's so far behind in the wild card race forgot to tune in. I'm a fair weather fan.

The Johnny Cueto "shimmy shake" before he was acquired by the Giants....

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:22 am

Giants' Mike Yastrzemski family is ready for emotional series at Boston's Fenway Park beginning tonight, 9/17/19. Tuesday’s series opener against the Red Sox is at 7:10 p.m. ET, live on MLB.TV,

Mike and his grandfather Carl who played all of his 23 years with the Red Sox

SAN FRANCISCO -- Mike Yastrzemski isn't sure how many friends and family members will be on hand for his Fenway Park debut this week.

Thirty? Forty?

"It’ll probably be more than that," Yastrzemski said, smiling. "But I'm not leaving tickets for them."

The Giants’ upcoming trip to Boston will serve as a homecoming for several players, most notably Yastrzemski, whose grandfather, Carl, spent his entire Hall of Fame career with the Red Sox.

"It’s special in the sense of the history of the game and with my grandfather there," Yastrzemski said. "It’s going to be pretty emotional. I’m going to try to contain those things and just try to make it feel like it’s a regular game."

Manager Bruce Bochy said he’s eager to see how the fans at Fenway Park receive the younger Yastrzemski, who is expected to start all three games in the outfield for the Giants. Yastrzemski said his grandfather is likely to attend one game, though he isn't sure which one.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:41 am

Saw this comment on MLB.com this morning:

"We have the rarest of gifts the next two days. On Wednesday, there are two decisive Game 5s in the National League Division Series, one right after the other. And on Thursday, there will be a third, in the American League."