MLB 2019

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 am

You are right. As I was watching the game I thought, "if the Rocks lose tonight it is my fault". I should know better. As I am out and about today, I'll stop by Blake Street and kiss the bat. That should reverse the jinx.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 am
You are right. As I was watching the game I thought, "if the Rocks lose tonight it is my fault". I should know better. As I am out and about today, I'll stop by Blake Street and kiss the bat. That should reverse the jinx.
Kiss it for me, too.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

TwoXseveN
= 14
= 14

Post by TwoXseveN » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am

Miguel Cabrera hit a Grand Slam last night the same day it was announced he'll likely never pay the field again.
Poetic moment for an all time great hitter who's still on my lousy team.
I used to be 'sassy' but got downgraded.
Don't tell Hugo.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Giant's have Boston's fame Carl Yastremski's grandson, Mike Yastrzemski and his pitch hit 2 run homer the other day earned him a start in left field the next day

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Smithwicks, a Chillin' Moose cigar and the Rockies vs Reds...Nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:27 am

Odd year in the National League. Here at season's halfway point the central division is all knotted up with 5 games separating the 5 teams so its anyone's guess who could win that division. The West is also knotted up below the Dodgers, so its anyone's guess who will be the wild card.

The last 2 weeks the Giants have been the winningest team in all baseball, at 8 wins and only 2 losses. There really looks to be some nice team chemistry forming with all the new blood there, and quickly.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:54 pm

San Francisco CF Kevin Pillar AKA Superman coming out of nowhere in mid-air to snag another fly ball.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 pm
Giant's have Boston's fame Carl Yastremski's grandson, Mike Yastrzemski and his pitch hit 2 run homer the other day earned him a start in left field the next day

Yaz has been doing very well. I am hoping the (28-year-old) kid earns his permanent spot in the line-up in Right Field. He has certainly paid his dues in the Minors.

G's have won something like 13 out of their last 15 games. THey are on fire and its good to see.

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:10 pm

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game. It’s a part of our past, Ray. lt reminds us of all that was once good, and could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come." ~ Field Of Dreams, by W. P. Kinsella

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm

I believe in the Church of Baseball. I’ve tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I’ve worshiped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance.

Annie Savoy
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:38 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm
I believe in the Church of Baseball. I’ve tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I’ve worshiped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance.

Annie Savoy
I hate to say how much I love this movie.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:45 am

I'm losing track of how many games the rampaging Giants have won in the past several weeks. All that is needed now is for the Dodgers to trip and fall. But I have to give the Dodgers credit. They sure built up and and have been maintaining a commanding lead in the N.L. West. Even with the Giants having won a phenomenal 18 of their last 21 games, the Giants are still 14 games behind the Dodgers. I can not quite wrap my brain around that. That just doesn't equate in my mind.

Thunderstorms in the desert woke me up at 2:30 this morning. I feel I need to lie down now.

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:38 pm

So much for watching games on tv. Dish dropped Fox Sports Southeast today.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:09 am

For the seventh time since the All-Star break, the Giants played extra innings. With a 2-1 win over the Padres on Friday night, they are 7-0 in those games. The Giants are 25-10 in one-run games and 11-2 in extra innings overall. Those are the numbers you see from teams that are still playing in October.

Those are the best numbers in all of baseball.

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:59 pm

41 years ago tonight, Daddy and I were at Braves game.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:08 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:59 pm
What a nice memory.

Giants outfielder Mike Yastrzemski whacked three home runs to power his squad to a 10-9 victory over the Diamondbacks in an 11-inning barn-burner in Phoenix. G's are just 2-1/2 games back of the wild card, but it is tough because its like a horse race.

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:08 am
JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:59 pm
What a nice memory.

Giants outfielder Mike Yastrzemski whacked three home runs to power his squad to a 10-9 victory over the Diamondbacks in an 11-inning barn-burner in Phoenix. G's are just 2-1/2 games back of the wild card, but it is tough because its like a horse race.

Mine was a comment on the night Pete Rose's hitting streak ended. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 am

Two runs (one earned), 7 strike outs, 1 walk in 5 innings in 22 year old Logan Webb's first big league game. His fastball was 94-95. Threw a good change up to get DBacks Peralta out in a big spot:

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:22 am

I haven’t watched a Rockies game since May.
Too painful.

At the moment they’re mired in last place. Last year at this time they were contenders.

It seems that in recent years they’ve become more of a pretty good AAA club in the Yankees farm system whose best players move up to the Bigs when called.

In this strange alternate universe they’re forced to play against major league competition where they do quite well for a minor league team. If they were, in fact, relegated to triple A (like a Premier League team would be) the games, and the season, might be more fun.

In any case, it would be less painful.

In triple A you’re mostly enjoying the dream of believing you’re seeing future stars in action. The team standings matter little.

Maybe I’ll switch my allegiance to the Albuquerque Isotopes. They’re 125 miles closer to Durango.

Go ‘Topes! (Or should I say glow?)

As for heartbreak ...
Baltimore is the benchmark.

If I lived in Baltimore I’d be a Harrisburg Senators fan.
I guess I already am. I’ve got two Senators ball caps.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:23 am

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 am
Two runs (one earned), 7 strike outs, 1 walk in 5 innings in 22 year old Logan Webb's first big league game. His fastball was 94-95. Threw a good change up to get DBacks Peralta out in a big spot:

That was nasty!