Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Fri May 10, 2019 8:36 pm

I was at the laundry because our washing machine broke down. A guy at a nearby gas station put gas in his diesel truck,he had to call a wrecker and while loading his truck he lost control and ran into mine. 401 mi and the side caved in. I went off on him and found out that I know the guy. I told him I wanted a new truck but of course they're not going to go for that. That is all.
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18613
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by hugodrax » Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:36 pm
I was at the laundry because our washing machine broke down. A guy at a nearby gas station put gas in his diesel truck,he had to call a wrecker and while loading his truck he lost control and ran into mine. 401 mi and the side caved in. I went off on him and found out that I know the guy. I told him I wanted a new truck but of course they're not going to go for that. That is all.
Truly sorry, RM
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Posts: 5488
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by MrPiper » Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray that after all repairs, your truck will be as good as new and in time you will not even think about the accident. I praise God no one was hurt.

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Yes no one has heard he did have insurance so I should just laugh about the whole thing. I kind of feel bad about going off on him because
he is a brother in Christ
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Yes I should feel worse if he wasn't a brother in Christ.
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanks for letting me vent I love this place. Maybe someday my computer will be fixed I don't have to post like a robot
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: ...through the tulips

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by michigander » Sat May 11, 2019 3:41 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:36 pm
I was at the laundry because our washing machine broke down. A guy at a nearby gas station put gas in his diesel truck,he had to call a wrecker and while loading his truck he lost control and ran into mine. 401 mi and the side caved in. I went off on him and found out that I know the guy. I told him I wanted a new truck but of course they're not going to go for that. That is all.
Truly sorry, RM
+1

What kind of truck?

Details please.

Thx

User avatar
ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
Posts: 3741
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by ReverendThom » Sat May 11, 2019 4:20 am

Dang that's tough. Sorry

When I was a kid our pastor bought a brand new truck. Drove off the lot, turned the corner, and a guy cutting his grass sent a stone skipping across the hood and into the windshield.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Sat May 11, 2019 5:05 am

I wanted a standard cab that eliminates general motors because I don't think they build them anymore so that narrows it down to ram or Ford at least inmy mind also wanted an 8-foot bed so that narrows it down pretty much to the fleet trucks refrigerator white with no chromearound here anyway the ram is $1,000 cheaper than the Ford and I don't see any difference with all due respect to michigander! So that's what I bought four-wheel drive refrigerator White plain Jane 8 foot manyesterday I drove in an hour and a half one way to the body shop that I trusted
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 am

I wanted a standard cab that eliminates general motors because I don't think they build them anymore so that narrows it down to ram or Ford at least in my mind also wanted an 8-foot bed so that narrows it down pretty much to the fleet trucks refrigerator white with no chromearound here anyway the ram is $1,000 cheaper than the Ford and I don't see any difference with all due respect to michigander! So that's what I bought four-wheel drive refrigerator White plain Jane 8 foot manyesterday I drove in an hour and a half one way to the body shop that I trusted
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 am

I wanted a standard cab that eliminates general motors because I don't think they build them anymore so that narrows it down to ram or Ford at least in my mind also wanted an 8-foot bed so that narrows it down pretty much to the fleet trucks refrigerator white with no chromearound here anyway the ram is $1,000 cheaper than the Ford and I don't see any difference with all due respect to michigander! So that's what I bought four-wheel drive refrigerator White plain Jane 8 foot manyesterday I drove in an hour and a half one way to the body shop that I trusted
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 am

Please forgive the lack of punctuation I hate this phone I wish I computer was working
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: ...through the tulips

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by michigander » Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:05 am
I wanted a standard cab that eliminates general motors because I don't think they build them anymore so that narrows it down to ram or Ford at least inmy mind also wanted an 8-foot bed so that narrows it down pretty much to the fleet trucks refrigerator white with no chromearound here anyway the ram is $1,000 cheaper than the Ford and I don't see any difference with all due respect to michigander! So that's what I bought four-wheel drive refrigerator White plain Jane 8 foot manyesterday I drove in an hour and a half one way to the body shop that I trusted
Sounds like a nice truck.

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13482
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by Roadmaster » Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 am

Got the truck back from the body shop.They did an excellent job.
I am fighting the insurance company for demised value because it will now have a history on Carfax.
I just love that old car smell™

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36746
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by UncleBob » Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 am
Got the truck back from the body shop.They did an excellent job.
I am fighting the insurance company for demised value because it will now have a history on Carfax.
Good to see you back!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28514
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Bought my first new truck in 26 years

Post by DepartedLight » Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 am

UncleBob wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 am
Got the truck back from the body shop.They did an excellent job.
I am fighting the insurance company for demised value because it will now have a history on Carfax.
Good to see you back!
What Bob said.

I can't imagine the sadness you must have had.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

Post Reply