Declassified: UFO Video Footage

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

UFO/UAP

Y
27%
N
13%
M/U
No votes
A_Morley on a spacewalk
60%

Total votes: 15

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Declassified: UFO Video Footage

Post by Jocose » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:32 pm

Navy Confirms UFO Videos Are Real and Show Unidentified Aerial Phenomena

Interesting stuff. I've been fascinated by this ever since the Pentagon declassified the 22 million dollar program that studied UAP/UFO existence a couple of years ago.

I'm curious how matters of faith, Christian and others, would be seen if existence of extra-terrestrial was proven to be real.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Re: Declassified: UFO Video Footage

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 pm

I wanna see ISS pics of Moon Base Alpha.
DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm curious how matters of faith, Christian and others, would be seen if existence of extra-terrestrial was proven to be real.
Whether they call it an "unidentified aerial phenomenon" or a UFO, that doesn't necessarily mean alien life, or alien spacecraft. That just means that they don't know what it is.

I am of the belief that if God created other sentient life outside of Earth, then they are so far away that life on both planets would never become aware of the existence of the other - ever.

Where would alien life fit in to God's plan for humanity? We are made in the image of God, who has a distinct plan for us according to scripture. What would Jesus mean to visiting aliens? God's plans are greater than man's, and his thoughts are higher than ours - and I surely cannot wrap my mind around this one. I could sooner believe that space men coming to earth is a physical manifestation of demonic forces, the purpose of whose presence here is to discredit Christianity and lead people further away from God.
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Jocose wrote:

Whether they call it an "unidentified aerial phenomenon" or a UFO, that doesn't necessarily mean alien life, or alien spacecraft. That just means that they don't know what it is.

I am of the belief that if God created other sentient life outside of Earth, then they are so far away that life on both planets would never become aware of the existence of the other - ever.

Where would alien life fit in to God's plan for humanity? We are made in the image of God, who has a distinct plan for us according to scripture. What would Jesus mean to visiting aliens? God's plans are greater than man's, and his thoughts are higher than ours - and I surely cannot wrap my mind around this one. I could sooner believe that space men coming to earth is a physical manifestation of demonic forces, the purpose of whose presence here is to discredit Christianity and lead people further away from God.
What if Jesus saved the universe? What if there were multiple Earths? You need to watch more Star Trek, lol.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 pm

I listen to some theories that "alien" life is actually demon in origin (demons being the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim). Some such theories propose that it will be through this delusion that the rise of the anti-Christ will come to be.

Not saying I put stock in that, but I do enjoy me some good weird podcasts and whatnot.
Last edited by JMG on Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:58 pm

JMG wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 pm
I listen to some theories that "alien" life is actually demon in origin (demons being the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim). Some such theories propose that it will be through this delusion that the rise of the anti-Christ will come to be.

Not saying I put stock in that, but I do enjoy me some good weird podcast and whatnot.
I have the same theory too. Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam are the big proponents. I also had a preacher friend tell me he met a guy at the VA while he was a chaplain. The man claimed to have worked at Area 51. He said the aliens were 10 feet tall and went beserk whenever the name of Jesus was mentioned.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Jocose wrote:

Oh yes, I agree.

Looking at the footage unofficially known as “FLIR1,” “Gimbal” and “GoFast" shows someone or something out of this world piloting these craft. Its interesting that the U.S. Navy isnt trying to cover this up.

I dont buy into spiritualizing unexplained aerial phenomena being demonic.

Looking at Bob Lazar's story, looking at countless other credible witness accounts of these things is truly amazing.

I dont find it unbelievable that there is other life in this infinite universe.

I'm guessing we will never know for sure but the evidence is out there.

The Pheonix Lights was an amazing event with hundreds of credible witnesses.

Anywho, fun stuff.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Those aliens could have some really good tobacco blends.

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Aliens may also be cobunist for all we know

michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by michigander » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Jocose wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Anywho, fun stuff.
I'm hesitant to admit that I observed something that matches that desciption (triangular formation of lights moving slowly and silently across the sky) late one night when in Lake Havasu City, AZ. (about 180 miles NW of Phoenix) while smoking a cigar on the balcony of my Queen's Bay condominium.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the year, but I would estimate it to be 2007 or 2008 (which wiki seems to dismiss).

I only saw the lights (no body of aircraft was visible) and what struck me as odd was how silently and slowly they moved. It was impossible to judge altitude from what I saw.

It was NOT aircraft flying in formation or flares.

CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud

Post by CodeMonkey » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:17 pm

“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:50 pm

Fainn wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:58 pm
JMG wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Not saying I put stock in that, but I do enjoy me some good weird podcast and whatnot.
I have the same theory too. Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam are the big proponents. I also had a preacher friend tell me he met a guy at the VA while he was a chaplain. The man claimed to have worked at Area 51. He said the aliens were 10 feet tall and went beserk whenever the name of Jesus was mentioned.
I heard the same thing, only it was on a beach. And the guy was missing a foot.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:48 am

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:50 am

wosbald wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:48 am
+JMJ+

:rotfl:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 am

I don't have a problem with a God big enough to create life in places other than on our marble.

I don't have a need to presume any such life is demonic.

What I have a problem with is the idea that those beings would travel a million light years just to make circles in our wheat fields. That's effed up.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:51 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 am
I don't have a problem with a God big enough to create life in places other than on our marble.

What I have a problem with is the idea that those beings would travel a million light years just to make circles in our wheat fields. That's effed up.
Maybe it's their equivalent of teepeeing yards on Halloween?
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Joshoowah wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:51 am
FredS wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:25 am

Maybe it's their equivalent of teepeeing yards on Halloween?
This conversation is why The Far Side comics are coming back.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm

michigander wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm
Jocose wrote:

Anywho, fun stuff.
I'm hesitant to admit that I observed something that matches that desciption (triangular formation of lights moving slowly and silently across the sky) late one night when in Lake Havasu City, AZ. (about 180 miles NW of Phoenix) while smoking a cigar on the balcony of my Queen's Bay condominium.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the year, but I would estimate it to be 2007 or 2008 (which wiki seems to dismiss).

I only saw the lights (no body of aircraft was visible) and what struck me as odd was how silently and slowly they moved. It was impossible to judge altitude from what I saw.

Why are you hesitant to admit such an incredible thing?

What were you thinking/feeling when you saw it?

michigander

Post by michigander » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Jocose wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm
michigander wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:15 pm
Jocose wrote:

Anywho, fun stuff.

Why are you hesitant to admit such an incredible thing?

I guess I am/was somewhat hesitant to discuss this with with others for fear of sounding like a wacko.

As for what I was feeling, it was bewilderment. My mind kept trying to put what I was seeing into the framework of the "known".

Until you referenced "The Phoenix Lights" I didn't even know it "was a thing'.

At the time I came to the conclusion that it was an experimental dirigible (because of how slowly and silently it moved).

I think I still tend to hold on to that interpretation. In part because I've held it so long, and also because the alternative is a bit overwhelming to consider.

The picture on the right is pretty much what I saw, except I couldn't see the body of the aircraft. Only darkness and the lights.

[img][img]
Last edited by michigander on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:19 pm

Jocose wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:26 pm
He was felling very high from all the weed.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad