Declassified: UFO Video Footage

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

UFO/UAP

Y
24%
N
18%
M/U
No votes
A_Morley on a spacewalk
59%

Total votes: 17

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Re: Declassified: UFO Video Footage

Post by JMG » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:33 am

SlowToke wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:11 pm
JMG wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:48 pm
During the time of the anti-christ, something is going to happen that has never happened in the history of mankind. There will take place something of such magnitude that will cause the world to rally around one man. Now...in light of this, I ask you, what could this be? Allegiances to race and country will take a backseat. What global event will present itself that will cause the world to put their trust in one man?
Global warming?
That’s more of a point of division than mutual fear.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:57 am

+JMJ+
JMG wrote:
During the time of the anti-christ, something is going to happen that has never happened in the history of mankind. There will take place something of such magnitude that will cause the world to rally around one man. Now...in light of this, I ask you, what could this be? Allegiances to race and country will take a backseat. What global event will present itself that will cause the world to put their trust in one man?

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 am

SlowToke wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:11 pm
JMG wrote:
Global warming?
:lol:

The first biblical antichrist was Nero. There have been many since. In the modern era -- Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Mao. Even a few in recent American history. Anytime a secular leader offers us secular salvation apart from Christ, it ends badly.

The Resurrection of the Dead could happen this Christmas, for all we know. There are still some prophecies that have not been fulfilled, as we understand them. But we will understand much more clearly on the other side.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:52 am

Del wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 am

The Resurrection of the Dead could happen this Christmas, for all we know.
Is Keith Richards scheduled to perform? 8O
:rotfl:
perpendicularly parked in a parallel universe

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:52 am
Del wrote:

The Resurrection of The Dead could happen this Christmas, for all we know.
How about Jerry Garcia?
Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:42 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Del wrote:

The Resurrection of The Dead could happen this Christmas, for all we know.
How about Jerry Garcia?
Even more so!
perpendicularly parked in a parallel universe

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:43 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:22 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:38 pm

JMG wrote:
If one believes the Bible is actually God's word, that wonder is clearly answered.
2 Tim 2:11 God SENDS a delusion upon the unrepentant world after the rapture that they might believe in the Beast. Revelation 4 - 10, the world will see plagues that make the plagues of Egypt seem like a Sunday picnic, and the "Beast" / antichrist was raised in chapter 13. By that time, a world that is in complete REJECTION of Christ will be looking for an alternate savior.

By contrast, if one does NOT believe the Bible to be God's truth, and complete, inerrent word, then the point is completely irrelevant because it isn't going to happen.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:01 pm

MrPiper wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:38 pm
JMG wrote:
If one believes the Bible is actually God's word, that wonder is clearly answered.
2 Tim 2:11 God SENDS a delusion upon the unrepentant world after the rapture that they might believe in the Beast. Revelation 4 - 10, the world will see plagues that make the plagues of Egypt seem like a Sunday picnic, and the "Beast" / antichrist was raised in chapter 13. By that time, a world that is in complete REJECTION of Christ will be looking for an alternate savior.

By contrast, if one does NOT believe the Bible to be God's truth, and complete, inerrent word, then the point is completely irrelevant because it isn't going to happen.
You and I have some different eschatology. However, I certainly believe God's Word is inerrant.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

MrPiper

Post by MrPiper » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm

So, which scriptures mentioned do not mean what they say?

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:49 pm

Sigh.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Declassified alien footage:

Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri May 01, 2020 6:01 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:49 pm
Sigh.
Hi Skip!

:wavey:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Fri May 01, 2020 2:25 pm

We reviewed the UFO footage closely.

University of Wisconsin scientists have determined that it is a cow.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Sun May 03, 2020 12:29 pm

I voted for UFO, not because I'm convinced it's alien, but because it's definitely an object, it's definitely flying, and it's definitely unidentified. I have no idea what its origin is though.

That said, I'm open to a few possibilities, all of which I believe fit within a Bible-based, Christian worldview:

- God created the entire universe for "reasons," not the least of which is because He can and why not display how big and glorious He is. We on earth are alone among sentient beings in the universe, and anything that appears "alien" has rational and/or spiritual explanations.

- God created sentient life on earth, and only lower forms of life that don't sin on other planets. Maybe there are planets with lower life forms that God is preparing for mankind's discovery, or just because He can. I mean, if He would create billions of galaxies to show His glory and express His creativity, why not also create alien life for the same reason?

- God created sentient life on many planets. In that case, He either redeemed them all individually or in local groups, or His redemption here covers all of them. In this scenario, maybe aliens will visit us for God's ultimate purpose of hearing of His redemption. If there is life on other worlds, I am more inclined to believe He redeemed them separately, just because it seems tidier.

[However, I think you could write a good Christian scifi novel about aliens coming to earth with some expectation of learning about their redemption here. CS Lewis explored some of these ideas, of course, in The Space Trilogy, but I like the idea of aliens visiting us knowing only that the answers they seek are on our planet.]

What I reject flat out (and for good theological and logical reasons) is that life arises spontaneously anywhere conditions are "just right," and then those life forms develop sentience. These life forms (including us) have no rational Creator, and life, therefore, has no meaning. Our purpose and the purpose of other lifeforms is merely survival and maximizing pleasure/happiness until we no longer live, and which point we cease to exist. Sadly, this seems like the default worldview in our society these days.

-Andrew

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Sun May 03, 2020 12:39 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:39 pm
Declassified alien footage:

Hah!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by michigander » Sun May 03, 2020 4:51 pm

adauria wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:29 pm
I voted for UFO...

- God created sentient life on many planets. In that case, He either redeemed them all individually or in local groups, or His redemption here covers all of them. In this scenario, maybe aliens will visit us for God's ultimate purpose of hearing of His redemption. If there is life on other worlds, I am more inclined to believe He redeemed them separately, just because it seems tidier.

-Andrew
According to Larry Norman:

"and if there's life on other planets, and i'm sure that He must know, and He's been there once already and has died to save their souls."

So, you're in good company.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Sun May 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Del wrote:

The Resurrection of the Dead could happen this Christmas, for all we know.
D-uh. Jerry Garcia.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Sun May 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Del wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:25 pm
We reviewed the UFO footage closely.

University of Wisconsin scientists have determined that it is a cow.
NSA thinks it's a wheel of cheese sent into space by the Russians to confuse American academics.