Something Good

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Roadmaster
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator

Re: Something Good

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:08 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:27 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:45 pm
arank87 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:29 am
Really touching to see older people acknowledge that things can be hard for younger people. As a younger person it gets tiresome hearing older people talk about how lazy we are or how much harder things were back in the day. What a nice video.
Well I'm older but you'll never hear me condemning the young people actually I think we left the world in worse shape than we found it.
Yer not dead yet. Start fixing it.
I'm trying in my own small way.
My work here is so secret even I don't know what I'm doing

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:08 pm
FredS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
arank87 wrote:
Really touching to see older people acknowledge that things can be hard for younger people. As a younger person it gets tiresome hearing older people talk about how lazy we are or how much harder things were back in the day. What a nice video.
Well I'm older but you'll never hear me condemning the young people actually I think we left the world in worse shape than we found it.
Each of us doing our own small thing will make it better. At least for those in our circle.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
FredS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
arank87 wrote:
Each of us doing our own small thing will make it better. At least for those in our circle.
It's a very small thing but holding doors open for people seems to have a positive impact.

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:06 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm
FredS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
FredS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
arank87 wrote:
It's a very small thing but holding doors open for people seems to have a positive impact.
I always hold the door open for younger people. Hopefully it will help them get going, get on their way to work, and keep paying in to Social Security. I'll show them how to tie their tie, and wipe lint off their jacket too.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:06 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:30 pm
FredS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
FredS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
arank87 wrote:
I always hold the door open for younger people. Hopefully it will help them get going, get on their way

to work, and keep paying in to Social Security. I'll show them how to tie their tie, and wipe lint off their jacket too.
Has Fred hacked your account? :-)

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 am

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:31 pm

wosbald wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 am
+JMJ+

I couldn’t get thirty seconds in before they annoyed me unspeakably. What was it about?
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:01 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:10 am
Made my day
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk