I miss Pepik

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

I miss Pepik

Post by Hovannes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:19 am

Where did he go?
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Re: I miss Pepik

Post by SlowToke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:47 am

I wasn’t very active on CPS when Pepik and Skip left. From what little I could tell, something on the forum ticked them off but I may be wrong. They both were admins.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Roadmaster
CPS's Affirmative Action Moderator

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:10 am

I wish there was some way the differences could be resolved and they both come back,
My work here is so secret even I don't know what I'm doing

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:16 am

Pepik did the heavy lifting behind the scenes. His expertise got us through the software updates with relative ease. Obviously, he and Skip are buddies so I understand how they commiserated and decided to leave together. I'm not sure what led to the final decision but I could tell they both grew tired of some of the stupidity and bickering that was going on around here.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:34 am

I miss them as well.
Both made significant and often thankless contributions to the forum.

Selfishly, I would love not just to have their overall contributions return but also would love to see more of Pepik’s ham radio posts again. I would love to hear what he’s been up to in this regard. He was second generation ham radio. It’s in his blood. In this, as in much else, his sense of tradition and debt to the past were evident.

Their posts were always moderated by reason and tempered by thoughtfulness.
Yes. I miss them.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

CodeMonkey
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud
A.K.A. Sigmund Freud

Post by CodeMonkey » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:16 pm

I miss him as well.
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:35 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:34 am
I miss them as well.

Selfishly, I would love not just to have their overall contributions return but also would love to see more of Pepik’s ham radio posts again. I would love to hear what he’s been up to in this regard. He was second generation ham radio. It’s in his blood. In this, as in much else, his sense of tradition and debt to the past were evident.

Yes. I miss them.
They are both on Facebook I would let them know or someone else could let them know if you want.

JMG
CPS Missionary to PNG
CPS Missionary to PNG

Post by JMG » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Hey, Skip...I just started my photography business using my iphone. Some of the preset filters are killer! ..................There. That should get Skip back at least to scold me.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:10 pm

JMG wrote:Hey, Skip...I just started my photography business using my iphone. Some of the preset filters are killer! ..................There. That should get Skip back at least to scold me.
Hahahahahaha

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:33 pm

JMG wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Hey, Skip...I just started my photography business using my iphone. Some of the preset filters are killer! ..................There. That should get Skip back at least to scold me.
Lol. I hear with the iPhone 11, you don’t even need a near or far lense. 😄
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

FredS

Post by FredS » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:50 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:35 pm
durangopipe wrote:
I miss them as well.

Yes. I miss them.
They are both on Facebook I would let them know or someone else could let them know if you want.
Have you seen any of their FB posts about this place and these people? You're better off not kicking that particular dog.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:44 pm

FredS wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:50 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
I miss them as well.

Yes. I miss them.
Have you seen any of their FB posts about this place and these people? You're better off not kicking that particular dog.
I just going to tell him that Durango wants to talk ham radio.

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:44 pm
FredS wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:50 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
I miss them as well.

Yes. I miss them.
I just going to tell him that Durango wants to talk ham radio.
On CPS. :D
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut

Post by Goose55 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:48 am

I do, too. He was a good chap.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:33 am

I miss Sock Puppeh.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Sad deal all around .
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:47 am

Jocose wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:44 pm
Sad deal all around.
Is it? Sure, I miss people who've gone out of our group, but if they're not happy here, why is it sad when they leave? To me, this place is *primarily about leisure. Fun. A place to unwind and unload. When it's no long fun I'll try to find something else - when it gets aggravating I surely will. Just like Pepik did.

*I'm not minimizing the very real and very important part of CPS that is our prayers for one another.

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:51 am

I miss Capt. Beardy McBeardface.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

joegoat
Minister of Beetles
Minister of Beetles

Post by joegoat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 pm

I've met him at the Chicago show several times. He's a great guy!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

arank87
Elder
Elder

Post by arank87 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Seems like quite a few people with thousands of posts left. What’s the deal?
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther