What's the best Thanksgiving side dish?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

Which Side Dish is the Best

Candied Yams
12%
Stuffing
47%
Mashed Potatoes
18%
Cranberry Sauce
No votes
Green Bean Casserole
No votes
Black Olives
6%
Sweet Potato Casserole (Marshmallowed)
12%
Crescent/Dinner Rolls
No votes
Mac & Cheese
6%
Jello Salad
No votes

Total votes: 17

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Re: What's the best Thanksgiving side dish?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:14 am

gaining_age wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 am
Stuffing/dressing. I dig oysters in it, but I'm the only one in my family with excellent taste. My mom's is light bread dressing is best, obviously, but my MIL made cornbread dressing that would hurt you (in a good way). I really miss that woman.

If we could cast two votes I'd also say cranberry stuff, also. The cheap stuff out of the can is best, but I'll eat anything cranberryish. I put that junk on everything.
Here's a try on the cranberry.... crush them suckers and throw them in with raspberries (or blackberries... or both!) and add sugar to sweeten. Let this puppy set... like make it tonight (I know I am). It's amazing. Test it for taste tomorrow morning..more sugar... and then on Thursday morning (maybe even a little more).

The family used to have one of these... I'll be using a food processor to crush the suckers:

My wife has an excellent cranberry sauce, with OJ, lemon zest, and who knows what else In there... it’s yummy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

Del
Mr. Hot Legs
Mr. Hot Legs

Re: What's the best Thanksgiving side dish?

Post by Del » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 am

I had never heard of "sweet potato casserole" -- but I found many recipes on the internet. We tried one this year, and it is AWESOME!

tuttle wrote:ping
Thanks for the thread, Rich!
REMEMBER THE KAVANAUGH!

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon