My New 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually Cummins Diesel

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers

Re: My New 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually Cummins Diesel

Post by Goose55 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:06 pm
You figured out how to roll coal in that thing yet? The chicks dig it almost as much as latakia smoke.
roll coal? I am advanced in years and have no expectations about chicks digging anything. Well, in truth, maybe not nearly as much as when I myself was studly. It is enough for me now, to at least have a studly truck.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Mon May 11, 2020 10:53 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:02 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:44 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 am
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:00 am
That manual must be quite a tome.
It is. 400 pages plus a separate Diesel Supplement.

Diesels have a feature called an "exhaust brake" and this Ram has a toggle switch to activate full or automatic exhaust brake. It is very useful when carrying or pulling a load when coming down a grade or when otherwise needing to reduce speed, thus keeping the driver from burning out the brakes.

I had to look up a good definition. It is a means of slowing a diesel engine by closing off the exhaust path from the engine, causing the exhaust gases to be compressed in the exhaust manifold, and in the cylinder. Since the exhaust is being compressed, and there is no fuel being applied, the engine slows down the vehicle.
Jake brake is trucker speak for exhaust brake. Thought you would want to know
You're neighbors will love it.
Especially with straight pipes.

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Diesels have a feature called an "exhaust brake" and this Ram has a toggle switch to activate full or automatic exhaust brake. It is very useful when carrying or pulling a load when coming down a grade or when otherwise needing to reduce speed, thus keeping the driver from burning out the brakes.

I had to look up a good definition. It is a means of slowing a diesel engine by closing off the exhaust path from the engine, causing the exhaust gases to be compressed in the exhaust manifold, and in the cylinder. Since the exhaust is being compressed, and there is no fuel being applied, the engine slows down the vehicle.
Jake brake is an copywrited company name that has made into the English lexicon like Freon. Chryslers exhaust brake is built into the variable vane turbocharger. Jake brake is an aftermarket option that is added downstream of the turbo. Modern exhaust brake is computer controlled and not as noisy as Jake brake.. has 2 settings, full that slows down vehicle when accelerator is released. and auto the maintains speed when pulling a load, works with cruise to maintain speeds while hauling trailer up and down hills.
edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm

For heavens sake, please dont Jake Brake.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am

Jocose wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm
Jakus Brakeus
Jocose Brokose
Slow Toke
Blow Smoke
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 pm

This thread hasn't been moved to opt-in yet? Can I get a mod? MOD?! HELLO!?!? :wavey:
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 pm
This is my truck in every detail, exactly, except it's black metallic, has a sun roof and the 5th wheel hitch installed. Yet, according to the posted list of options, this truck does not have the High Output 400 HP, 1,000 lb ft of torque 6.7 Cummins, nor the Aisin Heavy Duty 6 Speed Auto Trans, which my truck does have.

So it's exactly the same, except different.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed May 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am
Jocose wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 pm
Jakus Brakeus
Jocose Brokose
Slow Toke
Blow Smoke
I'll have whatever it is that you're smoking, seems like good stuff.

:egor:
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 pm
This is my truck in every detail, exactly, except it's black metallic, has a sun roof and the 5th wheel hitch installed. Yet, according to the posted list of options, this truck does not have the High Output 400 HP, 1,000 lb ft of torque 6.7 Cummins, nor the Aisin Heavy Duty 6 Speed Auto Trans, which my truck does have.

So it's exactly the same, except different.
Good stuff, boys, good stuff.

This truck is shaped like Goose’s truck. I think we can all agree on that.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Thu May 21, 2020 12:57 pm

mustangii wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

Jake brake is an copywrited company name that has made into the English lexicon like Freon. Chryslers exhaust brake is built into the variable vane turbocharger. Jake brake is an aftermarket option that is added downstream of the turbo. Modern exhaust brake is computer controlled and not as noisy as Jake brake.. has 2 settings, full that slows down vehicle when accelerator is released. and auto the maintains speed when pulling a load, works with cruise to maintain speeds while hauling trailer up and down hills.
edm
You are a master certified tech. My toolbox contains little more than a pair of vice grips a screwdriver
and a hammer. But give me my due. If you flip a switch and the engine drag you down a trucker going to call it a Jake.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:57 pm
... My toolbox contains little more than a pair of vice grips a screwdriver
and a hammer.
No bailing wire?
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Thu May 21, 2020 1:45 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:57 pm
... My toolbox contains little more than a pair of vice grips a screwdriver
and a hammer.
No bailing wire?
Of course bailing wire and duct tape, that's the law in Missouri. Edit mrs. Roadmaster just told me plumbers tape is the law also. I must get in compliance immediately.

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Finally installing the heavy duty Coolaroo Commercial 95 shade panel for the new Ram after some hick-ups in fabricating. Long lens I am using makes the length look foreshortened. It's actually 15 feet long and 9 feet wide.

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 pm

This thread is for 4×4 Dodge Ram Laramie Mad Max Edition trucks only.

You're looking for the "How do you store your 4×4 Dodge Ram 3500?" thread. Start one!

Also, carports are totally for the poors. Parking an aristocratic-stallion-complete-alpha-truck-that's-not-at-all-for- pussies (except, of course, for Lucy)-and no-compensation-whatsoever like that in a carport is just infra dig.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:01 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 pm

You're looking for the "How do you store your 4×4 Dodge Ram 3500?" thread. Start one!

Also, carports are totally for the poors. Parking an aristocratic-stallion-complete-alpha-truck-that's-not-at-all-for- pussies (except, of course, for Lucy)-and no-compensation-whatsoever like that in a carport is just infra dig.
I'll admit it looks a little tacky going up, but once it's done, it'll be a full-fledged, 5 star addition to this thread. Of course, I'd love a 3 car garage, but I'm not sure this Dually Laramie would fit in a garage.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:01 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:33 pm

I'll admit it looks a little tacky going up, but once it's done, it'll be a full-fledged, 5 star addition to this thread.

I dont think so, but I remain open to being convinced. Please take the final picture from far enough out to actually do it justice.
—Marcus Aurelius

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu May 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Hang down your head Ram Dually
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Thu May 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
mustangii wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
hugodrax wrote:

edm
You are a master certified tech. My toolbox contains little more than a pair of vice grips a screwdriver
and a hammer. But give me my due. If you flip a switch and the engine drag you down a trucker going to call it a Jake.
Yes, I also have hammers, vice grips and screwdrivers in my tool box. Also have bailing wire and plumber's tape. You can call it whatever you want to.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
I bet Fainn's wife wishes he has an exhaust brake. Am I right?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
1 month, and nothing???? C'mon, that was gold

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:44 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm
ReverendThom wrote:
I bet Fainn's wife wishes he has an exhaust brake. Am I right?

1 month, and nothing???? C'mon, that was gold

I read that back then and did chuckle heartedly. Good one, Rev.