My New 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually Cummins Diesel

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers

Re: My New 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Dually Cummins Diesel

Post by Goose55 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:05 pm

I just ordered today a NOCO 4 amp trickle charger and a meter so I can maintain the 2 batteries in my new Ram. These were the best prices I could find and the shipping is free. Both the charger and meter are highly rated in case anyone is interested.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813N2ZC6/re ... UTF8&psc=1

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBTRN26/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Pic of a Ram Laramie 3500 Dually but the Sport Package w/o chrome....

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Any road trips in your future?
Hunkered down behind enemy lines in California

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm
None in the foreseeable future. I will get a nice slide in, cab over camper when I have the loan paid down.

The payload (amt it can carry in the bed) on the truck is an astounding 7,600 pounds, far exceeding the weight of the biggest slide in cab over camper.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:05 pm
I just ordered today a NOCO 4 amp trickle charger and a meter so I can maintain the 2 batteries in my new Ram. These were the best prices I could find and the shipping is free. Both the charger and meter are highly rated in case anyone is interested.

Have you had issues with the batteries running down or draining while it sits in your driveway for a few days or even weeks? 'Cause if you have then something is wrong. Or are you just jazzed to buy new gear for the truck?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 am

Goose55 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm
It's not the way I wanted it, but the shade panel is installed. Instead of the metal hardware I wanted to use, most of it is attached w/ heavy zip ties which deteriorate in time. I'm thinking that as the material loosens up w/ age I will be able to secure it with hardware.

This Coolaroo Commercial 95 material is very durable and has a lifespan of 30 years. And this color blocks about 96% of the ultra violet and infra-red (heat) rays. Clear coat, black & chrome plated plastic will hold up way better protected like this from our Arizona sun.

The prominent placement of the ladder and box in the picture was a peculiar choice.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

Hovannes

Post by Hovannes » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:56 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:16 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:36 pm
None in the foreseeable future. I will get a nice slide in, cab over camper when I have the loan paid down.

The payload (amt it can carry in the bed) on the truck is an astounding 7,600 pounds, far exceeding the weight of the biggest slide in cab over camper.
Sounds like a lot of fun ahead----happy trails, eventually :D
Hunkered down behind enemy lines in California

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:52 pm
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Have you had issues with the batteries running down or draining while it sits in your driveway for a few days or even weeks? 'Cause if you have then something is wrong. Or are you just jazzed to buy new gear for the truck?
No noticeable draining of batteries but the extreme heat of the desert climate can be hard on batteries and I have heard that it is a good idea for the health of the batteries to keep them topped off. This trickle charger I am getting has overcharge protection and shuts down when the batteries are at full charge. These are quite large batteries and no doubt pricey. I'd like to make them last as long as possible.

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:36 am

I love this warm, almost on fire red color on this '19 Ram. Fire engine red I guess you'd call it. But red is hard to keep clean and is hard to keep swirl marks from appearing. I like my bright white Ram but I have to say this red one does look more exciting. If I had a nice sized garage where it would stay clean longer, I would have considered getting this shade of red.

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:21 am

Heavy rain from a recent Monsoon T-storm washed my truck leaving not a speck of dust and with no water marks. Looks brand new again. :bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili: :dancingpie:

This is because the rain water comes through the Coolaroo shade fabric it's parked under, and because I have the finish polished and waxed.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:45 am

Unsubscribe.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:52 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:51 pm
Finally installing the heavy duty Coolaroo Commercial 95 shade panel for the new Ram after some hick-ups in fabricating. Long lens I am using makes the length look foreshortened. It's actually 15 feet long and 9 feet wide.

And soft as a downy chick
How many feathers from geese was it made?

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:43 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:44 am
Goose55 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:55 pm
It's not the way I wanted it, but the shade panel is installed. Instead of the metal hardware I wanted to use, most of it is attached w/ heavy zip ties which deteriorate in time. I'm thinking that as the material loosens up w/ age I will be able to secure it with hardware.

This Coolaroo Commercial 95 material is very durable and has a lifespan of 30 years. And this color blocks about 96% of the ultra violet and infra-red (heat) rays. Clear coat, black & chrome plated plastic will hold up way better protected like this from our Arizona sun.

The prominent placement of the ladder and box in the picture was a peculiar choice.
Your Honor, the ladder is there because I had just finished installing the shade panel. The box contained project hardware. So, no, it is not peculiar. It's logical.

But you knew that.

JudgeRusty

Post by JudgeRusty » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Unsubscribe
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:41 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:07 pm
Unsubscribe
You are herein unsubscribed

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:21 am

Did you buy your Coolaroo on line? (I may have already asked this, but can't find it.).
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:21 am
Did you buy your Coolaroo on line? (I may have already asked this, but can't find it.).
I had a shop in Phoenix fabricate mine panel. There are probably shops in your nearest city that use Coolaroo shade fabric to fabricate shade structures. They will cut, hem, sew and punch grommets in whatever size you may need.

Try contacting CoolarooUSA to find out what shops in your area use their material. Remarkable stuff. Will last at least 30 years.

https://www.coolaroousa.com/category/ou ... ade-fabric

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:40 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:21 am
I had a shop in Phoenix fabricate mine panel. There are probably shops in your nearest city that use Coolaroo shade fabric to fabricate shade structures. They will cut, hem, sew and punch grommets in whatever size you may need.

Try contacting CoolarooUSA to find out what shops in your area use their material. Remarkable stuff. Will last at least 30 years.

https://www.coolaroousa.com/category/ou ... ade-fabric
30 years in the Arizona sun? Remarkable!
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:15 am

Our CPS brother Ed (Mustangii) is a Cummins Diesel mechanic at a Ram dealership and he recommended this Lucas Oil product as I have a bit of concern over the new Bosch CP4.2 fuel pump in my new rig.

Ed said that more than anything else its air that will take this fuel pump down, but it'll do it good to have a little bit of additional lubricity the Lucas Product gives.

So, I re-read the Users Guide section on how to drain out water from the 2 very large fuel filters, and very specific directions on re-priming the filters afterwards so that there is little to no air in the CP4.2 fuel pump when the truck is re-started.

I live over 100 miles from the nearest Ram dealership, so when the "water in filter" warning light and chimes go off, I will have to do this job myself, wherever it happens to occur.

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:17 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:50 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:17 pm
Time to trade your truck in Goose.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/16-foot-pi ... big-thing/
An 8 foot bed is just right for my needs. I also like the look of the crew cab (8 ft) long box I have. The Mega Cab with the 6' 4" bed just looks odd. Kinda a weird cross between an SUV and a pick up.

The crew cab long box I have, but in fire engine red....

Got a quart of Diesel Sta-Bil at Tractor Supply. Since Memorial Day I've not taken any city trips due to the heat. I've only driven around town so I wanted something to help preserve the fuel. This is good stuff for it also keeps at bay condensation and the subsequent water in the fuel. I also top off the tank frequently to minimize the amount of air in the fuel tank. Recommended everyday use ratio is only one ounce to every 10 gallons of diesel fuel. This easy to use precise measuring quart bottle should last me a good long while.