St. Valentine's Day

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26852
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

St. Valentine's Day

Post by Hovannes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 am

What are you planning?

I try to do something special with my daughter that she'll remember, but the older they get the more difficult this becomes
---a full tank of gas doesn't quite do it, does it? :(
Life has put the brakes on doing anything with my bride as we've got yet another funeral to attend on the 14th and that sure takes the wind out of the sails!
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 14775
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by tuttle » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:39 am

The Mrs and I will likely go out to eat sometime before the day itself. We'll probably cook up something special with the kids on VDay, I'm thinking steak. And we'll eat candy.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Every year I tell myself that I am not giving in to Halmark...But then I end up doing something...I am kind of at a loss for tomorrow. We will likely eat out Sat or Sun evening and Monday is a day off for us. I used to be better at this stuff.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2220
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Jester » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Marriage conference in Branson. Leave Friday and get home late Sunday.... no kids.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

"We are in a battle, therefore, between a world made out of social constructs and the world made out of created essences." -Doug Wilson

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15427
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Cleon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm

I'm planning a trip to Nairobi.

It always gets me how nobody says the obvious. :lol:

Even me.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24971
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 pm

I gave Rita five days of Elvis on a cruise ship. We just got home.

As long as I can keep my foot out of my mouth through tomorrow I’m golden.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 5581
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Fainn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 pm

I'll get the wife some flowers and something for Solomon.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 5581
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Fainn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 am
What are you planning?

I try to do something special with my daughter that she'll remember, but the older they get the more difficult this becomes
---a full tank of gas doesn't quite do it, does it? :(
Life has put the brakes on doing anything with my bride as we've got yet another funeral to attend on the 14th and that sure takes the wind out of the sails!
Not a funeral, but Mary's cousin died 3 or 4 years ago on Valentines Day. I think I was only a year older than she was.
All people are worth praying for - Hugodrax.

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26852
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Hovannes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 pm
Every year I tell myself that I am not giving in to Halmark...But then I end up doing something...I am kind of at a loss for tomorrow. We will likely eat out Sat or Sun evening and Monday is a day off for us. I used to be better at this stuff.
Be the anti-Hallmark. Make your own card.
Another thing you could do---take a surprise picnic lunch to her work place.
If you can't pack a picnic basket, have a good delicatessen pack something for you.
I'd do that, except we'll be at a funeral
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Posts: 11500
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 pm

No cards. Single roses with greens and baby's breath for my daughters and grandaughters, delivered this evening. Tonight I took my wife to B&N to browse and for coffee and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.

Tomorrow evening we're going to watch our grand daughters soccer game.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:16 am

It is a made up, greedy greeting card, phony holiday. I ain't doing nothing.












Well, maybe I will get my girls flowers . . . .
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:17 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 pm
I gave Rita five days of Elvis on a cruise ship. We just got home.

As long as I can keep my foot out of my mouth through tomorrow I’m golden.
That long huh, I will take the under for the win.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Posts: 26852
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Hovannes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Jester wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Marriage conference in Branson. Leave Friday and get home late Sunday.... no kids.
Branson is the new Nairobi, eh?
"Praise be to Mary, her child and all those with them in Paradise."---Paulus Kal

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24971
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by JimVH » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:58 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:17 am
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 pm
I gave Rita five days of Elvis on a cruise ship. We just got home.

As long as I can keep my foot out of my mouth through tomorrow I’m golden.
That long huh, I will take the under for the win.
So far, so good. I picked up some chocolate and pecan covered strawberries just in case.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7784
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by durangopipe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:03 am

We exchanged cards and gifts this morning, then spent the afternoon together at an event at the college.
A quiet evening at home wrapped up a pretty wonderful day.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:57 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:03 am
We exchanged cards and gifts this morning, then spent the afternoon together at an event at the college.
A quiet evening at home wrapped up a pretty wonderful day.
Sounds like a great day.

Well I got a card for Penny and a Starbucks gift card and some chocolates. The card was short and sweet, the gift card will come in handy when we are traveling across the state next week, and the chocolate...well yum.
She got me a card and a Starbucks gift card...great minds...and then yesterday we cruised down to Colorado Springs and spent the day hanging out.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 7784
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by durangopipe » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:57 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:03 am
We exchanged cards and gifts this morning, then spent the afternoon together at an event at the college.
A quiet evening at home wrapped up a pretty wonderful day.
Sounds like a great day.

Well I got a card for Penny and a Starbucks gift card and some chocolates. The card was short and sweet, the gift card will come in handy when we are traveling across the state next week, and the chocolate...well yum.
She got me a card and a Starbucks gift card...great minds...and then yesterday we cruised down to Colorado Springs and spent the day hanging out.
The longer you’ve been together, the sweeter it is, isn’t it.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: St. Valentine's Day

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:19 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:42 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:57 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:03 am
We exchanged cards and gifts this morning, then spent the afternoon together at an event at the college.
A quiet evening at home wrapped up a pretty wonderful day.
Sounds like a great day.

Well I got a card for Penny and a Starbucks gift card and some chocolates. The card was short and sweet, the gift card will come in handy when we are traveling across the state next week, and the chocolate...well yum.
She got me a card and a Starbucks gift card...great minds...and then yesterday we cruised down to Colorado Springs and spent the day hanging out.
The longer you’ve been together, the sweeter it is, isn’t it.
Amen to that
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply