What are you cooking for Easter?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
mcommini
Usher
Usher

Re: What are you cooking for Easter?

Post by mcommini » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Well, as of today, I can say this Sunday will feature a nice leg of lamb. My (also Orthodox) coworker and his wife have generously agreed to share in the leftovers come Bright Monday.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:50 pm

mcommini wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:25 pm
Well, as of today, I can say this Sunday will feature a nice leg of lamb. My (also Orthodox) coworker and his wife have generously agreed to share in the leftovers come Bright Monday.
A buddy sent me pictures of his first Leg of Lamb, roasted in his Pit Barrel Cooker.

My wife sent all of the Easter lasagna home with Cigarson and his fiancee. Then she commissioned me to make another lasagna.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Del wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:50 pm
mcommini wrote:
A buddy sent me pictures of his first Leg of Lamb, roasted in his Pit Barrel Cooker.

My wife sent all of the Easter lasagna home with Cigarson and his fiancee. Then she commissioned me to make another lasagna.
Fun fact: Lasagna is my Christmas dish. I have no wife to commission more. My dad has been trying to move us to turkey and ham for Christmas now that his father has passed and he thinks he can start new traditions. We've told him to get stuffed.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:04 am

mcommini wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 pm
Del wrote:
mcommini wrote:

Fun fact: Lasagna is my Christmas dish. I have no wife to commission more. My dad has been trying to move us to turkey and ham for Christmas now that his father has passed and he thinks he can start new traditions. We've told him to get stuffed.
Out of curiosity, is your father Orthodox as well? I know a few Serbian and Macedonian Orthodox in Italy---one of my best friends is Macedonian Orthodox, actually, and lives in Rome.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:31 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:04 am
mcommini wrote:
Del wrote:
mcommini wrote:

Out of curiosity, is your father Orthodox as well? I know a few Serbian and Macedonian Orthodox in Italy---one of my best friends is Macedonian Orthodox, actually, and lives in Rome.
Nah. When my dad is anything, he's Baptist. It's one of those quirks of family history- extended paternal family is Catholic, my dad and his siblings are various stripe of Evangelical as were my grandparents. Out of me and my siblings 3/4 of us are Orthodox converts.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:42 am

mcommini wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:31 am
hugodrax wrote:
mcommini wrote:
Del wrote:
mcommini wrote:

Nah. When my dad is anything, he's Baptist. It's one of those quirks of family history- extended paternal family is Catholic, my dad and his siblings are various stripe of Evangelical as were my grandparents. Out of me and my siblings 3/4 of us are Orthodox converts.
Thanks. Sorry if I intruded. I'm always intrigued by conversions within Christianity.

Maybe ham on the side? :D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:23 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:42 am
mcommini wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:31 am
hugodrax wrote:
mcommini wrote:
Del wrote:
mcommini wrote:

Thanks. Sorry if I intruded. I'm always intrigued by conversions within Christianity.

Maybe ham on the side? :D
No intrusion at all. I also find conversions intriguing and am always happy to tell stories.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:15 pm

Very small gathering. We’re worshiping in, then we feast. Roasted pork loin, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, buttered mushrooms, and cake.

Oh, and deviled eggs. Can’t forget those.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:06 pm

Glazed Ham, potato salad, baked beans, green beans, baked corn, rolls, chocolate cake, carrot cake.

Will worship on line. No Sunday School tmrw.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:45 pm

Ribeyes on the grill Penny made some potato salad and got some greens and she roasted some beets and parsnips. Did roast beef sandwiches on a picnic yesterday in the mountains
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:12 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:45 pm
Ribeyes on the grill Penny made some potato salad and got some greens and she roasted some beets and parsnips. Did roast beef sandwiches on a picnic yesterday in the mountains
Grilled ribeye here too along with some chicken breast. Green beans, asparagus, carrots, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and blue cheese stuffed olives for sides. Coconut cake and ambrosia for dessert.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:01 pm

Cleon wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:12 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Grilled ribeye here too along with some chicken breast. Green beans, asparagus, carrots, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and blue cheese stuffed olives for sides. Coconut cake and ambrosia for dessert.
Grilled ribeye. Baked potato.

Little Heath bars for dessert.

Cigars with Pipeson.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:35 pm

Chili dogs and smores over a fire outside.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:46 pm

JMG wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:35 pm
Chili dogs and smores over a fire outside.
One of my all time favorite meals.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:42 pm

Still almost a month to go for us Orthodox. I'll be making leg of lamb.

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 am

Bloodhound wrote:
We didn't plan ahead and found all the sandwich shops were closed Easter morning so we had pb&j sandwiches at our mountain picnic. Burgers on the grill when we got home in the evening.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:47 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 am
Bloodhound wrote:
We didn't plan ahead and found all the sandwich shops were closed Easter morning so we had pb&j sandwiches at our mountain picnic. Burgers on the grill when we got home in the evening.
Sounds great...hard to beat a good PBJ...or burger on the grill
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:22 am

I made a cheesecake for a gathering of fellow church members. Alas, it is gone.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy