Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by Cleon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 am

I am reluctantly getting my first dose on Friday. Pfizer.

I am still a little scared. I don't like the fact that it is a a new vaccine based on new technology that does not have formal FDA approval and hasn't been in the population long enough to know what the long term side affects might be. In addition to all that, what really scares me is how a LOT of people that I know have suffered severe short term side affects. So much so that it is expected around here that you'll take a day off work. That isn't normal with any other vaccine that I know of, and yet it's acceptable? I guess I'll see if the juice is worth the squeeze.

At the end of my appointment scheduling with the Department of Health I was asked why I'm getting the vaccine. I answered truthfully, "Social pressure and because I want to walk around freely in the land of the free."

I will still maintain good hygiene, cover my face, and not touch people in public. I think those are still the best bet.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 am

NC Governor announced that all adults can now make appointments to get vaxed.

I'll go next week. Everyone and their brother is gonna flock like mad. I can wait. No problems.
DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 am

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:02 pm

“It’s funny how Big Pharma is so evil ‘til now.” -Norm Macdonald
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Cleon wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 am

I am still a little scared. I don't like the fact that it is a a new vaccine based on new technology that does not have formal FDA approval and hasn't been in the population long enough to know what the long term side affects might be. In addition to all that, what really scares me is how a LOT of people that I know have suffered severe short term side affects. So much so that it is expected around here that you'll take a day off work. That isn't normal with any other vaccine that I know of, and yet it's acceptable? I guess I'll see if the juice is worth the squeeze.

At the end of my appointment scheduling with the Department of Health I was asked why I'm getting the vaccine. I answered truthfully, "Social pressure and because I want to walk around freely in the land of the free."

I will still maintain good hygiene, cover my face, and not touch people in public. I think those are still the best bet.
2 bad reasons to get it. You're already free, our freedoms aren't based on whether or not you got a vaccine.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:41 pm

Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:18 pm
Cleon wrote:

2 bad reasons to get it. You're already free, our freedoms aren't based on whether or not you got a vaccine.
I already have my papers.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:49 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:41 pm
Jocose wrote:
Cleon wrote:

The liberal / left have been using that paper to wipe their collective ass for decades now. Not sure how effective that's gonna be.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 pm

AFRS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:49 pm
Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:41 pm
Jocose wrote:
Cleon wrote:

The liberal / left have been using that paper to wipe their collective ass for decades now. Not sure how effective that's gonna be.
Ah, but we know that it is God not the Government who gives us certain unalienable Rights, among which are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

Like our great President once said:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the...you know...you know the thing...”

-Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 pm

WE keep seeing/hearing all these Professionals....with all these degrees....saying things that agree with "some" other Professionals, and dis-agree with other Professionals. And we keep NOT attempting to get the "shots." We keep asking the Holy Spirit to guide us ..... but how? A thousand ways I suppose is in His arsenal.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:51 pm

Ahh, my 1956 post. The year my wife and I graduated High School.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:32 pm

on second thought
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 pm

mustangii wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:56 pm
Got my 1st vaccine today at 6:20 this morning. Moderna. Johnson and Johnson was either tested on Fetal cells or was used in their manufacture so that one is a No No. Judy volunteers at a Pregnancy center. The only way to get fetal cells is abortion, so can't use that one.
edm
Sorry to burst your bubble but:
When it comes to the COVID-19 vaccines currently approved for emergency use, neither the Pfizer nor Moderna vaccines used fetal cell lines during the development or production phases. (So, no fetal cell lines were used to manufacture the vaccine, and they are not inside the injection you receive from your doctor.) However, both companies used the fetal cell line HEK 293 in the confirmation phase to ensure the vaccines work. All HEK 293 cells are descended from tissue taken from a 1973 elective abortion that took place in the Netherlands.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:02 pm
“It’s funny how Big Pharma is so evil ‘til now.” -Norm Macdonald
We need a "ya know" dancing smilie. Maybe two?
DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Cleon wrote:

I got my first dose of Pfizer two weeks ago. No reaction, other than nervousness about potentially having a reaction.
The couple living next door have gotten both doses of Pfizer, and reported very mild symptoms with the second shot.
I'll get my second one next Friday, and will take my mother's advice. She's 88, and is fully vaccinated with Moderna. She had been advised, with the second dose, to take Advil (or another NSAID) as soon as she got home, then another 8 hours later. I stayed with her for a couple days after she got the second dose, and she was fine with it.
I was hoping for Moderna, but Pfizer was what was available to me, so I took it.
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Jake wrote:
Cleon wrote:

I got my first dose of Pfizer two weeks ago. No reaction, other than nervousness about potentially having a reaction.
The couple living next door have gotten both doses of Pfizer, and reported very mild symptoms with the second shot.
I'll get my second one next Friday, and will take my mother's advice. She's 88, and is fully vaccinated with Moderna. She had been advised, with the second dose, to take Advil (or another NSAID) as soon as she got home, then another 8 hours later. I stayed with her for a couple days after she got the second dose, and she was fine with it.
I was hoping for Moderna, but Pfizer was what was available to me, so I took it.
Just a couple weeks ago the "experts" were telling everyone not to use pain killers because they lower the vaccine effectiveness....I wish they'd quit calling these people experts on something that no one has seen before.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Done.

Now I can go back to licking doorknobs.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:48 pm

https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/people-ex ... -colorado/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-n ... reactions/

The race to vaccinate hit more roadblocks on Thursday, as several patients at a mass vaccination site in North Carolina suffered immediate reactions to the Johnson & Johnson shot. A day earlier, 11 people had adverse reactions in Denver, ranging from dizziness to nausea.

Both sites temporarily shut down.

Uh oh.......

The 11 people who suffered adverse reactions to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine — prompting the closure of a vaccination site in Colorado — experienced symptoms including nausea and dizziness, according to health officials.

Two people within that group were also taken to the hospital for further observation, the Denver Post reported, citing a statement from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

lordhavemercy
Congregation
Congregation

Post by lordhavemercy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Probably passing. Two main reasons. First, disinterest in continuing to play this game, which I have a nagging suspicion will continue to escalate regardless of vaccination status of the population. Eg next winter coronavirus season—these things are highly seasonal—when MSM have all decided it has “mutated”, are we going to be asked to take some other, possibly more extreme, action? I don’t trust that the answer to that is a resounding “no” enough to get stuck. Second, I am not really compelled by the risk/reward, especially as a young, healthy person living in a state with low population density. If you believe that the FDA approval process means anything, this, too, should give you pause. Skeptical though I might be of over-regulation here, I have worked on drug trials in my career and have not discarded entirely the notion that they do something to reduce likelihood of releasing drugs to market that do harm (at what cost is another question). Important not to forget that this is preventative, mostly in healthy people, and despite that those in charge of public health appear to have forgotten the Hippocratic oath of late, it it still fundamentally the position from which we should evaluate these situations. I remember hearing Paul Offit, the creator of the rotavirus vaccine, say something about breathing a sigh of relief when the first 200-300 million people have been vaccinated (re vaccine safety). Now I am being asked to take a vaccine that had been given to some ~60k people and rushed through approval, for a disease that has proven to be totally mild in an overwhelming proportion of the cases under 65? And when you factor in vitamin d status (ie general immunity) and remove other risk factors, rapidly approaches insignificant for many and comes close to looking like a bad strain of influenza as far as risk is concerned to most Americans? (To whatever extent influenza can be insignificant — it really depends on who is counting). Now Offit is on record saying that the South African variant seems to be less deterred by the vaccine than the original European variant, and that it’s possible another vaccine against that variant or whatever pops up later this winter would be needed. The seeds are there for this to continue forever. I’ve seen the goal post on social enforcement continue to move in ways that contradict reasonable risk management. First it was mask when you couldn’t distance, then it was mask and distancing, then it was masks outside, now it is everyone has to be vaccinated if you want to appeal to the person at the office that demands it. First it was flatten the curve, then it was lock down until there’s a vaccine... Ok, I’m starting to rant. I could go on but will spare you all.