Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by Roadmaster » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:30 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:06 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am
tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:04 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:24 am
AFRS wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:42 pm
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclu ... your-death

Oy vey!
Dr Michael Yeadon has been debunked.
In what way?
Reuters did a piece for starters.
Ok I did the legwork and found the article.

I didn't see a debunking, so much as a fear that his credentials lend credibility to a dissenting opinion.

Lots of quotes like this: "But many health experts and government officials worry that opinions like his fuel vaccine hesitancy"

They trace his change to 'unorthodox views' in his tweets from a run of the mill, vaccines are good, to a Covid vaccine skeptic. They say it's a mystery, but reading that lifesite article more or less reveals his thoughts: The vaccines are rushed, not nearly enough testing, actual 'experts' who are lying about how immunity works, etc. How does an expert like him transition from yay vaccines to boo Covid vaccines? He saw shady stuff, doesn't agree with how it's handled, and rightly or wrongly, but not unreasonably, assumes something else is the reason for the push, and advises people to be skeptical about it. This isn't a mystery.

His offense is that he's not conforming to the narrative of the Planners, not that he's been debunked. His opinions and views are based in just as much science as the other side. The article highlights how he was wrong in some predictions--but if we're going to say he was wrong with some predictions, he's in good company with virtually every public official/expert on record over the last year.
Pfizer let him go 10 years ago. He has made unsubstantiated claims and his former associates think he has lost it. Your mileage may vary.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:30 am
tuttle wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
AFRS wrote:

Oy vey!
In what way?

I didn't see a debunking, so much as a fear that his credentials lend credibility to a dissenting opinion.

Lots of quotes like this: "But many health experts and government officials worry that opinions like his fuel vaccine hesitancy"

They trace his change to 'unorthodox views' in his tweets from a run of the mill, vaccines are good, to a Covid vaccine skeptic. They say it's a mystery, but reading that lifesite article more or less reveals his thoughts: The vaccines are rushed, not nearly enough testing, actual 'experts' who are lying about how immunity works, etc. How does an expert like him transition from yay vaccines to boo Covid vaccines? He saw shady stuff, doesn't agree with how it's handled, and rightly or wrongly, but not unreasonably, assumes something else is the reason for the push, and advises people to be skeptical about it. This isn't a mystery.

His offense is that he's not conforming to the narrative of the Planners, not that he's been debunked. His opinions and views are based in just as much science as the other side. The article highlights how he was wrong in some predictions--but if we're going to say he was wrong with some predictions, he's in good company with virtually every public official/expert on record over the last year.
Pfizer let him go 10 years ago. He has made unsubstantiated claims and his former associates think he has lost it. Your mileage may vary.
Just another health professional giving his opinion. The funny thing is that he's in no position to influence policy and yet he's being demonized.

Meanwhile, Fauci said two weeks ago that there is no concern for a fourth wave because we're making headway with vaccines.

Four days later he said we should be concerned about a fourth wave because we're not quite there yet with vaccines.

This is merely the latest in a long line of saying something only to say something exactly opposite. When anyone calls him out on it the answer is that we know so little about this virus and the data is always changing and we're just following the science because "we are incompetent" or "we are political puppets" sort of gives it all away.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:15 am

I became ill in late January of 2020 with flulike symptoms, but I did not have the flu. Later a blood test revealed that I have covid-19 antibodies. Despite not wearing a mask at work, and rarely wearing one anywhere at all during the ensuing 15 months, I (along with practically everyone else who has recovered from Covid-19) have failed to contract Covid-19 a second time.

Where is the science that says a vaccine protects you better than natural immunity derived from recovering from the virus itself? I'm not getting vaccinated just because a television journalist tells me to, or because Dr. Anthony "Flip-Flop" Fauci says to - that guy has more flip-fops than an Old Navy Memorial Day Weekend Sale.

So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:16 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:30 am
tuttle wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
AFRS wrote:

Oy vey!
In what way?

Just another health professional giving his opinion. The funny thing is that he's in no position to influence policy and yet he's being demonized.

Meanwhile, Fauci said two weeks ago that there is no concern for a fourth wave because we're making headway with vaccines.

Four days later he said we should be concerned about a fourth wave because we're not quite there yet with vaccines.

This is merely the latest in a long line of saying something only to say something exactly opposite. When anyone calls him out on it the answer is that we know so little about this virus and the data is always changing and we're just following the science because "we are incompetent" or "we are political puppets" sort of gives it all away.

Fauci now saying it is not safe for vaccinated persons to eat and drink indoors.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Vax Shot #1 sched for this Friday @ lunch.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

lordhavemercy
Congregation
Congregation

Post by lordhavemercy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:06 pm

AFRS wrote:

Oy vey!
I’m much more in the “convergent opportunism” camp. People start to lose me when they go down the conspiracy road. While I don’t dismiss the existence of technocrat totalitarians that would see more tangible forms of control consolidated in whatever way possible, those people always exist, especially at the highest levels of the ruling class. Their existence isn’t enough for their political ambitions to manifest. The missing ingredient is the determined political will of the populace to also exert this influence, and to use government or other forms of control as a vehicle to realize it. The near complete dissolution of anything resembling a universal value structure and transcendental ethic is the open door of chaos these folks have been waiting to take advantage of. It’s the biggest power vacuum, in terms of cultural capital, we have seen in a long time. With the decline of the family, of churchgoing, and of the values of the enlightenment, this is getting real. The reaction to that chaos is always for the ruling class to clamp down. I believe this is modernity’s last explosion before it extinguishes. As Christians, we (most of us) have an alternative vision for interfacing with reality—one that’s more ancient and based on meaning, not matter.

Maybe I just envision the conspiracy on a much broader level than the individual puppet master wannabes...

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:30 am

Get ready for all the reports about how the people resisting the vaccine are hindering herd immunity. You'll be told that you still have to mask and social distance even if you're vaxed because of a group of selfish holdouts.

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 am

gaining_age wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:40 pm
I have signed up. I've been patient and not in a hurry... my spouse has applied some pressure though.

We shall see.

J&J
I shall continue to be patient as there is a "pause" on this for the outlet I was seeking as they (the ominous "they") are reviewing the J&J vaccine. No appointment for me now.

Divine intervention or obstacle to health?

I feel ok so far. But my friend in Fort Collins caught covid. He's been sick.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:57 am

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:47 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Got my 1st shot on April 6th.
edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:18 pm

AFRS wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:57 am
CDC suspends J&J
J&J uses Fetal cells during manufacture or testing, so if you are pro life stay away.
edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:19 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 am
gaining_age wrote:
I have signed up. I've been patient and not in a hurry... my spouse has applied some pressure though.

We shall see.

J&J
I shall continue to be patient as there is a "pause" on this for the outlet I was seeking as they (the ominous "they") are reviewing the J&J vaccine. No appointment for me now.

Spouse is applying extra pressure... she wants me pricked.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:35 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:19 pm
gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

We shall see.

J&J

Does she have a life-insurance policy on you?

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:19 pm

AFRS wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:35 pm
gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

We shall see.

J&J

Does she have a life-insurance policy on you?
No... she does not.
The 6s of 1st John:

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 am

gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

We shall see.

J&J

Sounds like some prick for prick negotiation time...

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 pm

tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 am
gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
gaining_age wrote:

We shall see.

J&J

Sounds like some prick for prick negotiation time...
Some pricks are longer than others.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:51 pm

mustangii wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:18 pm
AFRS wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:57 am
CDC suspends J&J
J&J uses Fetal cells during manufacture or testing, so if you are pro life stay away.
edm
They all use fetal cells in the manufacture or testing of their vaccines, fyi. J&J uses it in the development. Pfizer and Moderna use them in the testing. Pretty much all of the modern day vaccines use fetal cells in some part of the process. Not trying to sway anyone one way or the other but it's important to consider when deciding where you stand on the issue.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:06 pm

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:11 am