Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by joegoat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:06 pm

I'm tired of this frog s*** from all sides. I can't trust anything I hear from anyone. Everyone with an opinion has hand picked "facts" to make their argument or defense and these "facts" change weekly. I take faith knowing that His ultimate plan can never be changed by any act of man.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

lordhavemercy
Congregation
Congregation

Post by lordhavemercy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:11 pm

tuttle wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:27 am
Mocking conspiracy theories is one thing, but what about people who have real concerns about how the scientific community, corporations, and government have exploited the situation? Can one not be concerned over the loss of freedoms without being written off as a conspiracy theorist?

I think COVID is real, and very dangerous to some people, and yet I distrust Fauci, not because of a conspiracy but because of what he has said. And that goes for pretty much any other experts in the scientific community who want to dictate how we should live while also believing boys can be girls, that guns and racism are a public health threats, and that abortion is health care.

I think that masking and social distancing have some kind of effect in preventing the spread, maybe not as much as others, but I do see it, and yet I think the mandates are more theater than science and often an overreach and abuse of power.

I think vaccines are capable in slowing the spread, and yet I don't want to inject myself with something that was rushed and I have qualms about the mRNA tech to the point that I don't want to get a vaccine.

I don't think the virus was created in order to remove liberties or create a new world order or to persecute Christians, and yet I do see steps taken in all of those directions, with nary anything to stop them from happening, and using COVID as the catalyst for it.

I also think liberty is more important than COVID restrictions which leads me to stand on certain principles that dissent from popular opinion. I'm for anyone who wants to get vaxed or mask up. I'm not for forcing others to do it against their will.

Is any of that considered a conspiracy theory?

This is pretty much my position. I believe the thing exists and is killing people, but am too sketched out by the institutional response to fully endorse what’s being pedaled as the “appropriate” response by most of the people in my life. And that the cure is, in many ways, far worse than the disease. That most people/organizations are optimizing for avoiding the “bad PR” from being blamed for spreading/super-spreading than actually doing no harm. I happen to have a social network of mostly the type of people that will gobble this stuff up as it’s packaged on traditional left media, but am lucky enough to have a small network of close friends that are really “in the middle” as you are. Just ashamed of the lack of nuance, the lack of conversation around benefits relative to costs, and who may or may not get stuck, but certainly not with the third grader level boasting of those who proudly display their vax cert as an “I voted” sticker.

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:21 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:21 pm
No it’s not.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

TheShepherd
Usher
Usher

Post by TheShepherd » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:50 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:21 pm
You should post selfies of yourself more often.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:53 pm

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:58 pm

And now, back to humor ...

Nothing distinguishes more clearly conditions in a free country from those in a country under arbitrary government than the observance in the former of the great principles known as the Rule of Law.

Friedrich August von Hayek

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:53 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:58 pm
And now, back to humor ...

I don't think a face mask going to help that.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:17 pm

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:26 pm

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:09 am

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:07 am

Are we creating second class citizens?

Want That Job Offer? A Covid-19 Vaccine Is Now Required.
At the New York restaurant Eleven Madison Park, a recent job posting for a sommelier lists a string of necessary skills, including exceptional wine knowledge and an ability to lift 50 pounds. The last requirement on the list: a Covid-19 vaccination.

As the U.S. job market heats up, positions operating machines in Louisville, Ky., working in offices in Houston and waiting on diners in Manhattan now require that candidates be vaccinated—or be willing to get their Covid-19 shot within 30 days of hire.

The Houston Methodist Hospital network is mandating vaccines for both existing employees and new hires, barring an exemption. Those who fail to comply will at first be suspended without pay, and later terminated, a hospital spokeswoman says. Houston Methodist believes employee vaccinations are essential to keeping patients safe.

FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 am

Second dose coming on Friday. I plan on watching a lot of movies on Saturday.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.

Post by gravel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:51 am

Cleon wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:26 am
Second dose coming on Friday. I plan on watching a lot of movies on Saturday.
Mine is Wednesday. I have a nerf war planned that night. 😬

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Yikes!
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:26 pm

Got my second dose of Moderna on Saturday. Compounded the impact by helping my friend move that morning and eating sketchy room-temperature Chinese food for lunch. Had the chills a bit that night, but was able to wake up (on not enough sleep) to play bass at church for 2 services Sunday. Crashed out for a nap afterwards (and I never nap), but felt fine after that. Feeling like a million bucks today with just a slightly sore shoulder.

In 2 weeks I should be at peak immunity. Glad I did it.

-Andrew

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:42 pm

Got my first dose this morning. I feel f...................................
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:39 pm

From "The Hill" channel.

Cleon

Post by Cleon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:42 am

It is done.

Now I wait.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH