Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by Hovannes » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:45 pm

Hunkered down behind enemy lines in California

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by arank87 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:51 pm

The US Army won’t give me an option. I’ll be taking it.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:45 pm

No.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:57 pm

I don't have any strong feelings, one way or the other.

If it lets us stop the pretense of wearing masks everywhere, I'm for it.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:30 pm

I think some people are immune and shouldn't have to take it.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:55 pm

No aborted baby juice for me, please.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

DAN
Minister to Occupy Democrats
Minister to Occupy Democrats

Post by DAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Meh. Maybe. I take a flu shot every year. I won't be first in line. Let someone else be the guinea pig.
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:35 pm

The nicotine protection theory has worked well for me, so far.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:36 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:55 pm
No aborted baby juice for me, please.
This. And dubious science.

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:57 am

JMG wrote:No.
+9 (for me and my family)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:23 am

Eventually

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 am

This whole vaccine has been a race to a profit. The drug companies only have to prove it is reasonably safe any that it might actually work a percentage of the time. Every drug on the market carries a risk of death and or doing nothing to help.
I'm not the first guy to cross the sketchy, rotted out bridge on the trail. I'll see how the rest of the herd fares before I even think about it.
Like Del said, if old Mike DeSwine thinks enough vaccines in Ohio negate the mandatory masks, let's pump this stuff into people's arms. I'm tired of the walmart door guards asking if I have a mask. Nope, prove they work and I'll wear the blasted thing. Deny me entry if you want, that is the result of my choice.
I've been watching Ohio's numbers ever since Dewine made face coverings mandatory (something he previously said he wouldn't do because it was government overstepping). They haven't improved even though he claims they are way down.
We're at what? 2% of the US population has tested positive since this thing began? This thing is blown way out of proportion. After election day, regardless of who wins or if we have a vaccine, this will all but disappear.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 am

Not a chance

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

424cat
Usher
Usher

Post by 424cat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 am

About 15 years ago the flu almost took me out, about 2 weeks in the hospital and a thoracotomy as a result. Now I get a flu shot every year (just got it 2 days ago) As soon as I can get the covid vaccine, I will
on bended knee

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:31 am

424cat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 am
About 15 years ago the flu almost took me out, about 2 weeks in the hospital and a thoracotomy as a result. Now I get a flu shot every year (just got it 2 days ago) As soon as I can get the covid vaccine, I will
I had to look up thoracotomy.

Sounds extremely painful. I hope you didn't suffer much.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:44 am

joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 am
This whole vaccine has been a race to a profit. The drug companies only have to prove it is reasonably safe any that it might actually work a percentage of the time. Every drug on the market carries a risk of death and or doing nothing to help.
I'm not the first guy to cross the sketchy, rotted out bridge on the trail. I'll see how the rest of the herd fares before I even think about it.
Like Del said, if old Mike DeSwine thinks enough vaccines in Ohio negate the mandatory masks, let's pump this stuff into people's arms. I'm tired of the walmart door guards asking if I have a mask. Nope, prove they work and I'll wear the blasted thing. Deny me entry if you want, that is the result of my choice.
I've been watching Ohio's numbers ever since Dewine made face coverings mandatory (something he previously said he wouldn't do because it was government overstepping). They haven't improved even though he claims they are way down.
We're at what? 2% of the US population has tested positive since this thing began? This thing is blown way out of proportion. After election day, regardless of who wins or if we have a vaccine, this will all but disappear.

We’ll see.

The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:02 pm

Regarding the use of fetal tissue in the making of vaccines: some use it, some don’t.
If we are able to keep getting information like that provided in the link below we’ll be able to make an informed, ethical choice.

This may be a big “if”.

https://lozierinstitute.org/an-ethics-a ... -programs/
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 pm

The vaccine is baloney or they have been lying to us to keep us oppressed intentionally.

They said immunity from the active Covid virus only lasts a few weeks. That's active immunity. Throughout the entirety of the history of vaccines and immunology, active immunity has provided better immunity than passive immunity.

Vaccine = passive immunity.

So, either they are lying to us that immunity from active disease only lasts a few weeks (in order to keep us scared) or the vaccine will only provide immunity for three weeks as well and therefor is relatively useless.

All that being said, I will likely be mandated to take the vaccine in order to keep my job. If not for that, I abso-freakin-lutely would not take it.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:52 pm

joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 am

Is it 2%? Wouldn’t 1% be 30 million positives? I don’t think it’s that high but I could be wrong.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 pm

SlowToke wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 pm
The vaccine is baloney or they have been lying to us to keep us oppressed intentionally.

They said immunity from the active Covid virus only lasts a few weeks. That's active immunity. Throughout the entirety of the history of vaccines and immunology, active immunity has provided better immunity than passive immunity.

Vaccine = passive immunity.

So, either they are lying to us that immunity from active disease only lasts a few weeks (in order to keep us scared) or the vaccine will only provide immunity for three weeks as well and therefor is relatively useless.

All that being said, I will likely be mandated to take the vaccine in order to keep my job. If not for that, I abso-freakin-lutely would not take it.
The politicians have backed themselves into a corner. They have put restrictions and requirements on all of us... we can't work, or go to school or church, we have to wear masks everywhere, etc. It's probably a big placebo, but it meets the requirement: It looks like they are DOING SOMETHINGTM.

So now they need to create for themselves new placebo.... something to replace the current restrictions.

The good news is that the vaccine doesn't need to be all that effective, because the virus isn't all that dangerous.