Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by joegoat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 pm

arank87 wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 am
This whole vaccine has been a race to a profit. The drug companies only have to prove it is reasonably safe any that it might actually work a percentage of the time. Every drug on the market carries a risk of death and or doing nothing to help.
I'm not the first guy to cross the sketchy, rotted out bridge on the trail. I'll see how the rest of the herd fares before I even think about it.
Like Del said, if old Mike DeSwine thinks enough vaccines in Ohio negate the mandatory masks, let's pump this stuff into people's arms. I'm tired of the walmart door guards asking if I have a mask. Nope, prove they work and I'll wear the blasted thing. Deny me entry if you want, that is the result of my choice.
I've been watching Ohio's numbers ever since Dewine made face coverings mandatory (something he previously said he wouldn't do because it was government overstepping). They haven't improved even though he claims they are way down.
We're at what? 2% of the US population has tested positive since this thing began? This thing is blown way out of proportion. After election day, regardless of who wins or if we have a vaccine, this will all but disappear.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Is it 2%? Wouldn’t 1% be 30 million positives? I don’t think it’s that high but I could be wrong.
The US has 330 millionish. 3.3 million would be 1%. Last I checked, there were just over 6,000,000 positive tests nationwide.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 pm

joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 pm
arank87 wrote:
joegoat wrote:
This whole vaccine has been a race to a profit. The drug companies only have to prove it is reasonably safe any that it might actually work a percentage of the time. Every drug on the market carries a risk of death and or doing nothing to help.
I'm not the first guy to cross the sketchy, rotted out bridge on the trail. I'll see how the rest of the herd fares before I even think about it.
Like Del said, if old Mike DeSwine thinks enough vaccines in Ohio negate the mandatory masks, let's pump this stuff into people's arms. I'm tired of the walmart door guards asking if I have a mask. Nope, prove they work and I'll wear the blasted thing. Deny me entry if you want, that is the result of my choice.
I've been watching Ohio's numbers ever since Dewine made face coverings mandatory (something he previously said he wouldn't do because it was government overstepping). They haven't improved even though he claims they are way down.
We're at what? 2% of the US population has tested positive since this thing began? This thing is blown way out of proportion. After election day, regardless of who wins or if we have a vaccine, this will all but disappear.

Is it 2%? Wouldn’t 1% be 30 million positives? I don’t think it’s that high but I could be wrong.
The US has 330 millionish. 3.3 million would be 1%. Last I checked, there were just over 6,000,000 positive tests nationwide.

Just ignore me. Math hard.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:52 pm

arank87 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 pm
joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 pm
arank87 wrote:
joegoat wrote:

Just ignore me. Math hard.
And that's if we trust the government's numbers. Government experts are worse at math than you are.

They suck at tracking, too.

Tennessee Woman Who Died Six Months Ago Receives Letter Last Week Saying She’s COVID-19 Positive
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:16 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:02 pm
Regarding the use of fetal tissue in the making of vaccines: some use it, some don’t.
If we are able to keep getting information like that provided in the link below we’ll be able to make an informed, ethical choice.

This may be a big “if”.

https://lozierinstitute.org/an-ethics-a ... -programs/
We use plants.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 pm
The good news is that the vaccine doesn't need to be all that effective, because the virus isn't all that dangerous.
I'm not so much concerned with whether the vaccine is effective as I am that it's dangerous. I'm not real keen on taking an ineffective and possibly dangerous vaccine for a virus that isn't all that dangerous if you know what I mean.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Will I have a choice?
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:10 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm
Will I have a choice?
Let's all hope so. I was pre-school age when the polio vaccine was widely distributed. I remember our entire family going to the cafeteria of a local school and eating the sugar cube. But I was reminded just yesterday in our zoom Bible study that early versions were giving kids polio and some of them died. Salk had to make adjustments before the major distribution occurred.
One of our participants yesterday is a very well known orthopedic surgeon, and he commented that he didn't like the FDA rushing things, but he knows folks that have already taken the vaccine, with no issues so far. Also he expects a covid 20 and a 21, etc, going forward. There will be vaccines, just like current flu shots.
But I still have concerns about them being mandatory.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:57 pm
I don't have any strong feelings, one way or the other.

If it lets us stop the pretense of wearing masks everywhere, I'm for it.
Yup
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:48 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 pm
Del wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:57 pm
I don't have any strong feelings, one way or the other.

If it lets us stop the pretense of wearing masks everywhere, I'm for it.
Yup
Sinister guvmints conspire see this theory:

with this vaccine and subsequent updates to be announced at a future date and or dates you agree to have all these long boring medical words in latin to be shot in yer butt cheek. Fine print is that them a fore mentioned guvmint bastages just literally chipped yer ass.

I'm just joshin'. meds are cool. honest.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Post by BeefyG » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:11 pm

I suspect it will be a condition of employment for me. Otherwise, no.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:45 pm

I sure hope Hov's not a spy testing who will be compliant.
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:06 am

Flatten the curve. The curve is flatter than a snakes belly in a wagon rut....
Ok, but do social distancing... ok, but if that works why...
Just wear a mask, ok? right, but if that works why..
Vaccine.

No. Never.

Bill Gates polio vaccine in Africa is causing a polio outbreak.
His vaccine initiatives in India have been shut down because of the damage it's done to Indian kids...

No. Never. My health is worth more than a job, or a ride on a bus, or a tour of Wal-Fart

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 am

AFRS wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:06 am
Vaccine.

No. Never.

His vaccine initiatives in India have been shut down because of the damage it's done to Indian kids...

No. Never. My health is worth more than a job, or a ride on a bus, or a tour of Wal-Fart
You may want to fact-check this.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 am

JMG wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:45 pm
No.
"Not no. Hell No." - Sarah Palin
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:53 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 am
AFRS wrote:
Vaccine.

No. Never.

I fact-checked this. Roadmaster says to do something, I do it.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:42 am

As for me and my house, we have no plans to take any Covid-19 vaccine. We stopped getting influenza vaccines years ago too.
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:11 pm

I have no problem with a vaccine per se.

Like previous posters I do have a problem with a vaccine developed from aborted fetal cells. I'm also not keen on injecting something that is rushed into production.

The last flu shot I got was the H1N1 way back when.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:53 am
Roadmaster wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 am
AFRS wrote:
Vaccine.

No. Never.

I fact-checked this. Roadmaster says to do something, I do it.
And? Inquiring minds want to know!

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 am

I was looking up some numbers. Looks like about 10% of the US population catches the flu every year even with wide spread use of vaccination. Covid 19 looks to be about three times more deadly (if every death is actually directly caused by the virus), but a three percent chance is still pretty low especially if you look at the 2% who have tested positive.
I'm not convinced that the shutdowns and face coverings are responsible for slowing the spread. Either it is not as highly contagious as the media and politicians are trying to convince us it is or it isn't actually causing symptoms causing people to go out and be tested.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:06 pm

This thread needs a poll.

And for the record...no.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.