Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by AFRS » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Or I might just tell everyone that I had the vaccine, so I can stop wearing a silly mask.
Don't you think that the dictators haven't thought of this? Enter the vaccine passport - a.k.a. mark / tattoo / chip

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:04 pm

AFRS wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 pm
Del wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Or I might just tell everyone that I had the vaccine, so I can stop wearing a silly mask.
Don't you think that the dictators haven't thought of this? Enter the vaccine passport - a.k.a. mark / tattoo / chip
I expected there would be "papers" already.

I reckon that some Blue State tyrants will try some invasive tracking shenanigans. Citizens will push back. Red State governors will insist that tracking is unnecessary. Equilibrium will be restored.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Masks don't work! Ohio has had a mandate since mid July. I'm one of the very few not following it when I go out and yet Ohio has record numbers.
Tell me masks work! If four months of mandatory masks get you more positive tests than you had before the mandate do they work or do they not?
Politicians and the media will never go back and say they were wrong. Now that they've said masks will stop the virus they have to keep saying that even though real world tests are showing the opposite.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:39 pm

joegoat wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:37 pm
Masks don't work! Ohio has had a mandate since mid July. I'm one of the very few not following it when I go out and yet Ohio has record numbers.
Tell me masks work! If four months of mandatory masks get you more positive tests than you had before the mandate do they work or do they not?
Politicians and the media will never go back and say they were wrong. Now that they've said masks will stop the virus they have to keep saying that even though real world tests are showing the opposite.

We’ll put you down for a yes.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:47 am

joegoat wrote:

I suspect the politicians are not the only one that will not admit they was wrong.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:11 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:47 am
joegoat wrote:

I suspect the politicians are not the only one that will not admit they was wrong.
Join me in blaming the public schools, squire?
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:41 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:11 am
Roadmaster wrote:
joegoat wrote:

to some extent yes.

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:49 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:41 am
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:11 am
Roadmaster wrote:
joegoat wrote:

to some extent yes.
Only in mathematics, gentle tick farmer. I look for no fights.
—Marcus Aurelius

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:01 am

joegoat wrote:

Could it be that most people contract the virus from their loved ones, at home, when they’re not wearing masks? Or perhaps they’re not wearing them correctly. They’re not a magic trick.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:30 am

It's over. Masks or not, vaccines or not, soon only 99.97% of us will be left.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:30 am
The Rapture.
—Marcus Aurelius

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:20 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:01 am
joegoat wrote:

Could it be that most people contract the virus from their loved ones, at home, when they’re not wearing masks? Or perhaps they’re not wearing them correctly. They’re not a magic trick.
Could it be that the numbers would be far worse without masks?
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:40 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:16 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
The Rapture.
That begs the question - who is 'us'?

joegoat
Has a very cute butt
Has a very cute butt

Post by joegoat » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:47 pm

durangopipe wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
joegoat wrote:

We may never know.

Quando omni flunkus, moritati (When all else fails, play dead) - The Possum Lodge Oath

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm

joegoat wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:47 pm
durangopipe wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
joegoat wrote:

We may never know.

True
The majority is always wrong; the minority is rarely right.
Henrik Ibsen

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:55 pm

AFRS wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:40 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
The Rapture.
That begs the question - who is 'us'?
It's the enemy.
—Marcus Aurelius

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:49 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
The Rapture.
Just so you know, this actually made me laugh out loud and I haven't done that in quite a while. It hurts.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:06 am

Sign me up. I'm ready to get back to semi-normal. Damn the torpedos, etc.

-Andrew

Benton629
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Benton629 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:21 am

Nope.
I don’t get flu shots either.

Auroraboy
Usher
Usher

Post by Auroraboy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:32 pm

I get flu shots most years, and have never had the flu. I think vaccines have been largely a boon to mankind, so yes for me.
I'll also likely be traveling to various parts of Asia for work in '21 and '22, so the job will most likely require it anyway.