Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by Roadmaster » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:08 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:36 pm
Satire is good not recognizing satire is bad. My apologies.
No apologies necessary.....unless this is satire?
Not this time.

LushMojo
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by LushMojo » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:43 pm

As a physician I will not be getting the vaccine nor will my family. I haven't seen enough safety data and there are no data yet on long term safety (for obvious reasons). First do no harm - that part of medicine must always be our guiding measure. I simply can't be sure that something developed so incredibly quickly is safe.
Small town doc in Friday Harbor. Adult convert Catholic.

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 am

what the. . .
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH

Post by hugodrax » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:07 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 am
what the. . .
I don't even know anymore, bro.

I find not caring very much helps considerably.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:23 am

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:07 am
FredS wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 am
what the. . .
I don't even know anymore, bro.

I find not caring very much helps considerably.
I'll drink to that... <not that there's impetus to do that>
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:39 am

LushMojo wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:43 pm
As a physician I will not be getting the vaccine nor will my family. I haven't seen enough safety data and there are no data yet on long term safety (for obvious reasons). First do no harm - that part of medicine must always be our guiding measure. I simply can't be sure that something developed so incredibly quickly is safe.
This.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:26 am

LushMojo wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:43 pm
As a physicist, I ... <zederated, as no one wanted to hear 'bout it>
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:42 am

As a physicalist I ... <zederated, no one wants to hear about this, either>
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:44 am

As a physiatrist ... <not really, I just like the word>
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Del wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:52 pm
arank87 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 pm
joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:05 pm
arank87 wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 am
This whole vaccine has been a race to a profit. The drug companies only have to prove it is reasonably safe any that it might actually work a percentage of the time. Every drug on the market carries a risk of death and or doing nothing to help.
I'm not the first guy to cross the sketchy, rotted out bridge on the trail. I'll see how the rest of the herd fares before I even think about it.
Like Del said, if old Mike DeSwine thinks enough vaccines in Ohio negate the mandatory masks, let's pump this stuff into people's arms. I'm tired of the walmart door guards asking if I have a mask. Nope, prove they work and I'll wear the blasted thing. Deny me entry if you want, that is the result of my choice.
I've been watching Ohio's numbers ever since Dewine made face coverings mandatory (something he previously said he wouldn't do because it was government overstepping). They haven't improved even though he claims they are way down.
We're at what? 2% of the US population has tested positive since this thing began? This thing is blown way out of proportion. After election day, regardless of who wins or if we have a vaccine, this will all but disappear.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Is it 2%? Wouldn’t 1% be 30 million positives? I don’t think it’s that high but I could be wrong.
The US has 330 millionish. 3.3 million would be 1%. Last I checked, there were just over 6,000,000 positive tests nationwide.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Just ignore me. Math hard.
And that's if we trust the government's numbers. Government experts are worse at math than you are.

They suck at tracking, too.

Tennessee Woman Who Died Six Months Ago Receives Letter Last Week Saying She’s COVID-19 Positive
And we just heard on the radio that "they" (the big ????) so "some" - according to "this" report, T or F?....said if they find even like 1% (wrong medical term I know) - one tiny bit in a minute search indicating the person has a tiny bit of flu virus still in the body from the flu the person had years ago.....that qualifies them to be listed and added to the -19 Virus ! How can we trust ANY announcements of even a close figure of current figures; up 700 + in our County since yesterday.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Riddle me this:

mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by mustangii » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:16 pm

if I don't, have it, being tested Friday. I will get it when it is available. I want to be with my Mom for Christmas, She is 81. My son and Grandson's birthday is on the 20th. My wife is disabled. I have 2 son's and 4 Grandsons that I want to visit. This just sucks. Also being a Mechanic I am a considered an essential worker.

edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 am

AFRS wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:39 pm
Riddle me this:

:!: Some or all of the content shared in this CPS post conflicts with guidance from public health experts regarding COVID-19. Learn more
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:27 am

I'm "pretty sure" both my wife and I will take it.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:29 am

tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:26 am
AFRS wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:39 pm
Riddle me this:

:!: Some or all of the content shared in this CPS post conflicts with guidance from public health experts regarding COVID-19. Learn more
:taco: :chili: :bacon: :cheese: :dance: :lol:

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:23 am

Viruses do what viruses do and mutate and so now that we have a vaccine to cure the world there are 17 new mutations that the vaccine won't work for.

Pop Docs already saying vaxed people should continue in lockdown, social distancing, and masking.

The Experts have confidently said many things with science supporting them, only to turn around a month later and say the exact opposite while expecting us not to question their expertise. Hey it's still a partially free country. Vax if you want to. Just be ready for this to be another false flag. They'll pump you full of whatever today telling you you're immune, and then tell you to tomorrow you'll need another to really be immune. It's coming in the summer. Double masks in the meantime. Well now it'll be 2022. Something about Trump's fault. Hold on. Salvation is almost here. Masks don't work. Wear a bag over your head now. A new cure is coming! Be sure to get your 12 shots this year for the 13th to really work!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:10 am

+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:23 am
Viruses do what viruses do and mutate and so now that we have a vaccine to cure the world there are 17 new mutations that the vaccine won't work for.

Pop Docs already saying vaxed people should continue in lockdown, social distancing, and masking.

The Experts have confidently said many things with science supporting them, only to turn around a month later and say the exact opposite while expecting us not to question their expertise. Hey it's still a partially free country. Vax if you want to. Just be ready for this to be another false flag. They'll pump you full of whatever today telling you you're immune, and then tell you to tomorrow you'll need another to really be immune. It's coming in the summer. Double masks in the meantime. Well now it'll be 2022. Something about Trump's fault. Hold on. Salvation is almost here. Masks don't work. Wear a bag over your head now. A new cure is coming! Be sure to get your 12 shots this year for the 13th to really work!
The reason to vax is to protect the most vulnerable in realtime, not because it's "the final solution to strengthen the strain".

If there are those proposing such radicalized, ideological notions, then — well and good — resist them on their own terms.

But don't make the vulnerable the collateral damage — the pickle-in-the-middle — of one's own culture-war neuroses.

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:21 pm

wosbald wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:10 am
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:

The reason to vax is to protect the most vulnerable in realtime, not because it's "the final solution to strengthen the strain".

If there are those proposing such radicalized, ideological notions, then — well and good — resist them on their own terms.

But don't make the vulnerable the collateral damage — the pickle-in-the-middle — of one's own culture-war neuroses.
Weird. Where am I arguing to make the vulnerable the collateral damage? Vax if you want to. I said that. But don't be fooled into thinking it's the end of all the fun little restrictions. Liberty is the collateral damage I'm concerned about. So long as people are free to make the choice to vax, I'm for it! Vax it up! Don't force vax Jones if he doesn't want it. Even if he is considered vulnerable.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 pm

tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:21 pm
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:

Weird. Where am I arguing to make the vulnerable the collateral damage? Vax if you want to. I said that. But don't be fooled into thinking it's the end of all the fun little restrictions. Liberty is the collateral damage I'm concerned about. So long as people are free to make the choice to vax, I'm for it! Vax it up! Don't force vax Jones if he doesn't want it. Even if he is considered vulnerable.
the Principalities and Powers really enjoy dangling our simple freedoms above our heads.

I don't want this vaccine, but I will take it like a good sheeple -- in the hope that regulators will let us get back to work and school and church and restaurants.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:26 pm
tuttle wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:21 pm
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:

the Principalities and Powers really enjoy dangling our simple freedoms above our heads.

I don't want this vaccine, but I will take it like a good sheeple -- in the hope that regulators will let us get back to work and school and church and restaurants.
Just shutter your businesses and stay home for a few months til we flatten the curve.

Just wear the mask for a few weeks, months, year and a half and it'll all be over.

Just take the vaccine and it'll all be over in 2022 if only 95% of the population complies.

Just skip Easter, Forth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas so we can all celebrate the next holiday normally.

Ad infinitum