Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by AFRS » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Are we going to talk about the woman in Alaska who had no known allergies but went into anaphylaxis after getting vaxxed?

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:48 pm

AFRS wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:10 pm
Are we going to talk about the woman in Alaska who had no known allergies but went into anaphylaxis after getting vaxxed?
I will.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:48 pm
AFRS wrote:
I will.
Seat belts don't always work either.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
AFRS wrote:
I will.
Generally speaking, seatbelts don't hurt you when you put them on.

Roadmaster
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack
Fan of Dr. Buttcrack

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:36 am

AFRS wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:30 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
AFRS wrote:
I will.
Using an analogy you know that this Covid 19 is not something to joke about.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 am

AFRS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
AFRS wrote:
I will.
Generally speaking, COVID-19 doesn't hurt you when you get it either.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 am

AFRS wrote:
Sure. Shall we also discuss the 10 folks who are attacked by moose in Alaska every year? Neither of those facts really bear on this choice.

If you don't want to be vaccinated then don't get vaccinated. Why try to use anecdotal evidence of a few (I've heard of 4) allergic reactions to dissuade others from it?

FTR - Mrs FredS works in the local university health care system and is scheduled to be vaccinated today. I don't plan to be vaccinated. Now or ever. That may change though.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:04 pm

A small percentage of people receiving the vaccine have some bad reactions. Don't freak out.

A small percentage of people die from COVID-19. END THE WORLD!!!
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:05 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Jocose wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:05 pm

The odd thing is that this is obviously an actual event but the twitter post is the only place I can find it. Not on youtube and no videos anywhere when I googled it. It's disturbing but maybe I'm just not searching correctly. I know it's just one incident but still it looks like it would be found somewhere on the internet besides this twitter account.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:13 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 pm
Jocose wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:05 pm

The odd thing is that this is obviously an actual event but the twitter post is the only place I can find it. Not on youtube and no videos anywhere when I googled it. It's disturbing but maybe I'm just not searching correctly. I know it's just one incident but still it looks like it would be found somewhere on the internet besides this twitter account.
It's a strange new world we are seeing.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:18 pm

tuttle wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 am
AFRS wrote:
Roadmaster wrote:
Stanley76 wrote:
AFRS wrote:
I will.
Generally speaking, COVID-19 doesn't hurt you when you get it either.
Generally speaking, it doesn’t KILL you. There are plenty of folks seeking medical care or being hospitalized because of COVID. My co-worker, a spry 25-year-old, said he had flu-like symptoms for a week and still has brain fog in the morning nearly six weeks later.

I know five people who have died from it.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:19 pm

AFRS wrote:
And what did she do after recovering? She released a statement encouraging people to be vaccinated.

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:21 pm

tuttle wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:04 pm
A small percentage of people receiving the vaccine have some bad reactions. Don't freak out.

A small percentage of people die from COVID-19. END THE WORLD!!!
This is kind of a silly response. A short reaction from a vaccine is vastly preferable to death. Show me where this vaccine is killing more than 3,000 people every single day, and maybe I’ll support your calls to avoid it.
Last edited by TNLawPiper on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:24 pm

So, aside from a couple of examples of allergic reactions, does anyone have a good reason for not being vaccinated, or are you guys just scared?

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:27 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:24 pm
So, aside from a couple of examples of allergic reactions, does anyone have a good reason for not being vaccinated, or are you guys just scared?
Speaking for myself only, I think leery is a better word than scared. I've had two nurses tell me that they will refuse to take it unless they have to in order to keep their job. They both said that six months was not long enough to know long term side effects. I trust their judgement more than what I read and hear from the CDC and WHO. Another fact for me is that I trust almost nothing from the government, media or any other human source anymore. I just don't know who to believe and who not to believe. My faith in world institutions has been shattered. There has been so much conflicting information on this virus that I don't know who to believe.

I live and have lived a socially distant lifestyle in a fairly remote area. Now that restaurants are shut down I am only around other people once or twice a week at the grocery store, church or infrequently other stores, post office, etc.

My nephew who is in his forties got Covid and it was very mild and passed quickly. My brother died from it but he had other physical problems beforehand.

So, I plan to wait and see on this vaccine. If I catch Covid and die from it, oh well. I have to die of something eventually. If after a period of time it looks like the vaccine works and has little or no side effects I will consider it. I'm not anti-vaccine. I just had my second pneumonia vaccine earlier this week. But I just don't trust the powers that be regarding this vaccine.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:36 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/12/18/nurse-fai ... 9-vaccine/
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 44385.html
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN28S2F5
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checkin ... 9817674811
https://www.newsweek.com/nurse-fainting ... ts-1555860
https://www.foxnews.com/health/tennesse ... 19-vaccine
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:51 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:36 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/12/18/nurse-fai ... 9-vaccine/
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 44385.html
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN28S2F5
https://apnews.com/article/fact-checkin ... 9817674811
https://www.newsweek.com/nurse-fainting ... ts-1555860
https://www.foxnews.com/health/tennesse ... 19-vaccine
Thanks. I checked each of these links and each had articles explaining that she fainted due to reasons other than the vaccine. But the only article in which I could find the actual video was the NY Post article. The rest had videos of people talking about the benefits of the vaccine. I'm not arguing against anybody who want to take the vaccine taking it. None of my business but I just thought it was odd that the video was nowhere to be found (except the NY Post apparently) except twitter. Like I said, I have no trust in media, tech or any other human institution anymore. Too much weird stuff going on. Just my opinion.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:52 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:19 pm
AFRS wrote:
And what did she do after recovering? She released a statement encouraging people to be vaccinated.
I wonder if there's a vaccination against stupidity? AFAIK there's no cure.

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:15 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:59 am
AFRS wrote:

FTR - Mrs FredS works in the local university health care system and is scheduled to be vaccinated today. I don't plan to be vaccinated. Now or ever. That may change though.
Our daughter is a HCW in NY, and is scheduled to get the vaccine next week. When it becomes available ill probably get it. But right now I'm still needing the flu shot and shingles shots.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton