Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re: Will you take a Covid 19 vaccine?

Post by coco » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 pm

MrsCoco and I got the first today.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:41 pm

coco wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 pm
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Still not planning to get the vaccine.

So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs

Post by jruegg » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:45 pm

coco wrote:
Same here.

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Still holding off!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 pm

I was not aware that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was developed from a cell line of an aborted fetus. That changes my view on getting that one. Anyone else?
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:50 pm

Cleon wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:09 pm
I was not aware that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was developed from a cell line of an aborted fetus. That changes my view on getting that one. Anyone else?
I didn't know until Hugo told me, which was after I got my shot today. Thankfully, mine was Pfizer.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Cleon wrote:
They all are.

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:12 am

coco wrote:
We got ours (Pfizer) last Friday. I could only sign up one person at a time, so I got appointments for my father in law and my wife. By the time I got to me, there were no more appointments available. But when we went in, there were extra vaccines due to cancellations, so I was able to get mine as well.

Between the vaccine, losing a hour last weekend, lack of sleep, grandkids over for a couple days, and a tough half-day fishing trip on Tuesday, I'm not sure what aches and pains and exhaustion are vaccine related and what's not. But I've been driving my wife nuts by claiming everything to be vaccine side effects, including a pimple in a discreet location.
Btw, I've found that the best way to relax about it is a sip of whisky and either a pipe or cigar.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:50 am

We're scheduled for shot #2 this afternoon.
Hunkered down behind enemy lines in California

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 am

AFRS wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 pm
Cleon wrote:
They all are.

Did a search to find out more information... here's a decent pamphlet from North Dakota:

https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/fil ... andout.pdf
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:08 pm

The Premier of the province has stated that his cabinet are working on a vaccine passport. :(

I'll not take it. No, never. But the price I'll be paying is that I'll be relegated to a 2nd class citizen. Sad.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Already got the moderna, is the fetus thing legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Ok I looked it up, this seems to explain it for better or worse, not excited about this, but hard to say where I stand. https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-a ... etal-cells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:47 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 am
AFRS wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 pm
Cleon wrote:
They all are.
Did a search to find out more information... here's a decent pamphlet from North Dakota:

https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/fil ... andout.pdf
Based on previous comments about unrelated subjects, I know affers would rather gouge his eyes out with a rusty spoon than take guidance from, or give consideration to the position of, the RCC, but the rest of us can perhaps take solace in the words found in the article G_A linked.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops goes further and has stated: “receiving a COVID-19 vaccine ought to be understood as an act of charity toward the other members of our community. In this way, being vaccinated safely against COVID-19 should be considered an act of love of our neighbor and part of our moral responsibility for the common good...Given the urgency of this crisis, the lack of available alternative vaccines, and the fact that the connection between an abortion that occurred decades ago and receiving a vaccine produced today is remote, inoculation with the new COVID-19 vaccines in these circumstances can be morally justified.

The article says the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission has also commented positively on receiving the vaccines.

Also, per the article, all the vaccines were not developed from a line of aborted fetal cells.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Cleon wrote:
All vaccines are.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:18 pm

From an ethical standpoint, I only see an issue with the use of fetal tissue for medical purposes if the abortion is being performed for the sole purpose of harvesting the tissue. I, personally, don't support any elective abortion; but, using parts of the body of aborted (either natural or elective) for medical purposes that is otherwise going to be incinerated or put in the ground is akin to being an organ donor. If we are to believe our bodies are just an empty vessel upon our death and our soul is eternal, who cares what we do with our body upon death?
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Cleon

Post by Cleon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:51 pm

SlowToke wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:18 pm
From an ethical standpoint, I only see an issue with the use of fetal tissue for medical purposes if the abortion is being performed for the sole purpose of harvesting the tissue. I, personally, don't support any elective abortion; but, using parts of the body of aborted (either natural or elective) for medical purposes that is otherwise going to be incinerated or put in the ground is akin to being an organ donor. If we are to believe our bodies are just an empty vessel upon our death and our soul is eternal, who cares what we do with our body upon death?
I can understand what you're saying. That's the direction practical me goes. But I still have a problem with it even if it saves lives in the long run. We don't just take stuff from people when they die, their body or otherwise, just because it would be wasteful. And organ donors are the ones with the choice. Not a murdered person.

Also, I believe our bodies are not simply empty vessels. They are, as scripture says, temples of the Holy Spirit. They will be raised at the last day, united with our souls, and we will live forever in those self same bodies (albeit changed and incorruptible) with Jesus. Easter is just around the corner as a good reminder. That's why I care what happens to bodies upon death. So, there is more to it for me than "You shall not murder".

I don't want to get COVID and I don't want anyone else to get it if I can help it. The Catholic Church has taken the stance that taking a vaccine is morally acceptable, but if you have a choice don't take the J&J vaccine. That seems reasonable. It still stinks a little how all those vaccines are made.

And I'm still on the fence.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:53 pm

Done and Done
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

vwdeano
A little old lady
A little old lady

Post by vwdeano » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:02 pm

First dose for the missus and I will be Thursday morning...
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"